Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
At this point he needs to be considered as possibly being a bust. I'm sure the media will do everything to protect him against that. They couldn't do that for Ki-Jana Carter who couldn't stay healthy because Carter played for the Bengals instead of the media-beloved Eagles. But, Wentz is starting to look like a bust nonetheless.

YR

Lutonio

Reaction score
eagles_last_dance.gif

This is the exact moment I knew the Football Gods would smite them. The God of Injury rolls Old Testament.

Sydla

Reaction score
At this point he needs to be considered as possibly being a bust. I'm sure the media will do everything to protect him against that. They couldn't do that for Ki-Jana Carter who couldn't stay healthy because Carter played for the Bengals instead of the media-beloved Eagles. But, Wentz is starting to look like a bust nonetheless.

YR

So he won't come back from his ACL injury?

BobSacamano

Reaction score

YR
Stretch...Armstrong?

River82

Reaction score
Wentz is seriously lucky he's a QB. In any other position athletes who return to the NFL after an ACL injury have their performance affected quite a bit. Cuts will be affected, pivots, jumping, the only thing not hampered is your ability to run in a straight line.

The dude above who said concussions are worse is wrong. A concussion will affect a player after their career is over, but a torn ACL used to be career ending and even now will restrict you for the rest of your career

Greasylake17

Reaction score
Look they hate us and we hate them, but this makes me sad. No one deserves this. Wentz has been amazing this year. He is the future of this league. He is tremendous player who will only get better. So as a human being you hate to see stuff like this. Look we all know most Eagle fans and the idiots who host that morning show in philly are all classless people. But as a footbal fan I feel bad for Wentz. He is a good young man and on the verge of being a superstar in this league. I hate injuries. I never root for that. Look we all know the clowns cheered when Irvin was hurt his neck and had to carted off the field. Thats classless. Shame on them. I just hope Wentz makes a full recovery and continues his career

River82

Reaction score
Look they hate us and we hate them, but this makes me sad. No one deserves this. Wentz has been amazing this year. He is the future of this league. He is tremendous player who will only get better. So as a human being you hate to see stuff like this. Look we all know most Eagle fans and the idiots who host that morning show in philly are all classless people. But as a footbal fan I feel bad for Wentz. He is a good young man and on the verge of being a superstar in this league. I hate injuries. I never root for that. Look we all know the clowns cheered when Irvin was hurt his neck and had to carted off the field. Thats classless. Shame on them. I just hope Wentz makes a full recovery and continues his career

He won't make a full recover, sad to say. And neither will Deshaun Watson

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Would absolutely never root for an injury to another player. However, you know each and every Eagles fan cheered on Goodell's absolute clown show witch hunt of Zeke and Romo's injuries before that. I will shed not a single tear.

Everything broke right for them this year and yet the SB win will remain elusive. There is some degree of justice and silver lining for what happened to Zeke.

Thank god Zeke's suspension is now out of the way for next year and we may have a leg up on the Eagles next year as Wentz recovers and gets back up to speed.

Greasylake17

Reaction score
He won't make a full recover, sad to say. And neither will Deshaun Watson

How do you know that? It was not a Bridgewater injury. So we dont know how bad it is. Its way too early to say something like that. They are both so young

River82

Reaction score
ACLs are very routine nowadays. The specialized surgery, recovery and training has reduced rehab time and improved prognosis dramatically. This ain’t the 70s.

In the 70s it was career ending. These days you're just weakened. The surgery is routine, the recovery most certainly isn't.

How do you know that? It was not a Bridgewater injury. So we dont know how bad it is. Its way too early to say something like that. They are both so young

Look it up - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/acl-injuries-sports-athletes-careers
https://www.regenexx.com/acl-tear-recovery/

Sydla

Reaction score

River82

Reaction score
Seems to tell me there is a pretty good chance Wentz will be fine.

Because most QBs aren't mobile. Wentz is a very physical QB when he's running, much more so than Dak. Brutal. Likes to scrabble for extra yards after contact. He won't be doing that once he returns

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
This is actually interesting for me as although I got alot of hate for the Eagles, I know Philly fans all to well cause I'm a Sixers fan who pays attention to Sixer boards. Was a huge Iverson fan, which made that happen.

That said, while some are actually decent fans, some of the Philly fans are really just idiots. Sure every fanbase has them (we do) but they seem to have more idiots than most. I do think Wentz will be fine, not like ACLs are a career ending injury anymore. But the way the Eagles fans do act when another team gets an injury is annoying since they expect people to feel sorry for them when they get a big one.

One thing, football is a year to year thing, next year they might not make the playoffs the way the NFL works even with a healthy Wentz coming back. Its the nature of the game, and for the Eagles, they still have that empty trophy case to stare at. But do I feel bad for them, nope cause I know them too well, if the shoe was on the other foot they would be laughing and making fun cause thats just how they roll.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Stretch...Armstrong?

Not at all. He's suffered two pretty big injuries in two years. Look at the injuries that RG3 suffered. It's very similar situation. I don't know if Wentz's body can handle the NFL and at this rate he's bound to be out of the league in 3-4 years.

YR

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly, Wentz will be fine after surgery.

And I heard he's performing the surgery.