Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Nick Foles is probably not 1990 Jeff Hostetler, but the NFC is still wide open for the top teams. If our Cowboys don't make it, I think the Saints pull out the NFC as they have (by far?) the best Coach/QB combo left in the NFC.

Would prefer Minnessota or New Orleans to win Superbowl opposed to Patriots, Steelers or Eagles.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Official this time.
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Well said indeed !!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should at least consider him being a bust. That consideration was given to RG3 when he first got hurt.

YR

LOL. Sheer homerism.

Hey, we did it for Griffin and he's just like Wentz.

You'd have a Carson Wentz full back tattoo if he was a Cowboy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dang it! You can't count on the Eagles to get anything right. I was going to ride Wentz I to my fantasy championship game but now ...

Okay, Dak, daddy needs a new pair of shoes. I need touchdowns galore and less Check-down Charlie plays.

You can do it!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
They don't play QB.

We can all agree that there is a major dropoff in starting QB versus backup QB in the NFL.

And we can agree that the QB position is the most important position in the NFL.

Thus, if your QB cannot stay on the field, it's a major issue.

It's a big reason why we went with Vinny Testaverde in 2004. Quincy was about to be suspended for pot use and another violation would add to a bigger penalty. Having a QB that may be out of action at any time is very bad.

I just think the Browns had the foresight to see that a kid from North Dakota who had to play the likes of Wofford probably could not sustain the physical toll that much larger and faster competition in the NFL puts on a player.

Kudos to them.

YR

You are so right. Players from small schools who don't play the big boys can't handle life in the NFL. Like Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Andre Reed, Dominique Rodgers Cromarte, Joe Flacco, Jeremiah Trotter, Deacon Jones, Tony Romo...those guys just couldn't hang, coming from small schools.

Reaction score
I think any QB that has 11 incompletions in a row against our defense should likely be considered a bust. The injuries just solidify that fact.

YR
The guy was a legit MVP candidate before yesterday. If is an awfully big fall from there to being a bust. RG3 was considered a bust more because of the college, gimmicky offense he had to run because he was incapable of running an NFL offense. His injuries just accelerated the process.

I have no idea how this injury will affect him long term. And neither do you. And neither does he for that matter. Or the Eagles brass.

I believe Adrian Peterson had an ACL in college and he turned out OK.

Medical technology is pretty good these days. Teddy Bridgewater almost lost his leg 20 month or so ago. Now he's the Vikings backup.

Last edited:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I was at the Irvin game. I will never forget the venom of the Philly fans. Karma is a b****
An Eagles fan tried to tell me that they were trying to encourage him and cheered when he raised his fist to say he was ok.

I smell BS on that one...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why is everyone saying CW is a good guy? :huh:

None of you know him behind closed doors or when a camera is not around.

You know nothing, CowboysZone.
So we should assume the worst about someone if we don't know them?
Or should we assume the best until someone gives us a reason or reasons otherwise?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
You are so right. Players from small schools who don't play the big boys can't handle life in the NFL. Like Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Andre Reed, Dominique Rodgers Cromarte, Joe Flacco, Jeremiah Trotter, Deacon Jones, Tony Romo...those guys just couldn't hang, coming from small schools.

Take DRC out of there and insert Larry Allen and I will like this comment.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
Well that really sucks for him. I actually kinda like the guy seems like a stand up kind of person...... However I cant be happier this disaster happened to such a Filthy team...

Sydla

Reaction score
I think any QB that has 11 incompletions in a row against our defense should likely be considered a bust. The injuries just solidify that fact.

YR

This might be some of the dumbest logic I have ever seen on this board. And that's saying something.

So because he had 11 incompletions against us, he's gotta be considered a bust............... yes, 11 passes outweighs an entire season of work where he likely was heading for a Top 3 finish in the MVP race.

Oy vey.

Sydla

Reaction score
A guy called the local sports station here in Philly this morning and had a breakdown................ crying, relating losing Wentz to Pearl Harbor, Custer's last stand..............

I am pretty sure it was Risen.

gmoney112

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS

CZ found to be more upset than the entire state of Pennsylvania.