Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

yimyammer

Reaction score

02-key-drop.gif

crash.gif

aria

Reaction score
To hell with Philthy but condolences to Wentz, he has nothing to do with the way their fans behave. In a perfect world I'd like to see no injuries. I like watching the best players each team has to put forward and let the best team win, I understand that will never happen though.

rwalters31

Reaction score
This was posted on MSN today and it is exactly what Dak needs to become a great QB. A Real good QB Coach would go a long ways, Please read.

"The progression that Wentz made from his rookie year was phenomenal. The work that he and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo paid off in a major way.

Wentz morphed into a quarterback that is equally as dangerous buying time and freelancing on the QB scramble drill as he was passing from the pocket.

Suddenly third downs became an area of strength for Philadelphia's offense with most of their big plays coming in 3rd & long situations. Wentz became a quarterback that can throw receivers open by leading them away from defenders. He also found ways to manipulate defenses with his eyes."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...on-wentz-has-a-torn-acl/ar-BBGB0us?li=BBnb7Kz

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Screw him. He was dead to me when the pick was made. I hope his career is over.
lol, that made me laugh, I read that and had to take a second look at which board I was on.....that sounded so much like most of the posters in TATE really are......their stance on a coach or player changes by the play not by the game or season.

River82

Reaction score
His career as a mobile QB just got shortened considerably. He'll have to regress to a pure passer sooner than he'd otherwise have wanted. Torn ACL is a devastating injury

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I hate the NFC east teams with a passion, but I would never wish for injury on any player. In the end it is only a FRIGGEN game and nothing more. Wentz is a good guy wish him the best and speedy recovery.

It's not a career-ending injury or life-threatening. In fact, concussions are worse in terms of their long-term impacts on the player after his career is over.

This is an ACL-tear. He'll miss the season and probably the coming off-season, rehabilitate, and be back playing against us for the next decade.

Yeah, it's a FRIGGEN game, but it's a game with injuries. I don't get why we're supposed to be sad when a player on an opposing team goes down with a non life-threatening, non career-ending injury?

Staubacher

Reaction score
His career as a mobile QB just got shortened considerably. He'll have to regress to a pure passer sooner than he'd otherwise have wanted. Torn ACL is a devastating injury
He may be looking at an Andrew Luck type career. Huge promise, some success, then derailed by injury.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I think Dak really was helped by how much Romo worked with him last year. Now he's on his own.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s a full or partial tear? Been googling and can’t find anything.

A partial tear is usually a three month recovery time - would be back for their off-season workouts. A full tear is a 9 to 12 month recovery time, would miss into next season.

Either way, most QBs are not the same the year after an ACL injuries. See: Teddy Bridgewater,

My guess is that it is a complete ACL tear. Looking at the video on Twitter yesterday his knee was clearly unstable as it was buckling outward when he was walking gingerly on it. Probably has a lateral collateral ligament tear as well. Wentz has a great arm but his body habitus doesn’t look like it’s built to take a lot of hits given his long frame. No doubt he’s tough as nails though.

aria

Reaction score
It's not a career-ending injury or life-threatening. In fact, concussions are worse in terms of their long-term impacts on the player after his career is over.

This is an ACL-tear. He'll miss the season and probably the coming off-season, rehabilitate, and be back playing against us for the next decade.

Yeah, it's a FRIGGEN game, but it's a game with injuries. I don't get why we're supposed to be sad when a player on an opposing team goes down with a non life-threatening, non career-ending injury?
Some people just like watching good football and good athletes play, it's as simple as that, it has nothing to do with sadness (at least for me).

aria

Reaction score
Dude! He's a good guy, he's from North Dakota and he hunts elk.

Seriously, the only redeeming quality about the frigger is that His Glory Mike Trout likes him.
I can think of a few players on this team that have zero redeeming qualities, at least he has one :)

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have no sympathy at all. I hate the Eagles, with a pure passion that most people never realize in their life time. So if the injury keeps them from winning a SB, so be it. I won't be shedding a tear anytime soon for them.