Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I love the 'threat' to sit most of all. Go ahead! Sit! Do tnothing! Get paid nothing! Lose it all while you watch someone else take your spot in the best running back situation in the league!

Retire! Be irrelevant! Until the next time you get arrested.

At this point, I'm hoping for someone else. Someone that knows how to behave, on the field and off of it. Someone who doesn't have to make a stupid gesture every time he runs for a first down. And someone who knows how to behave himself off the field and doesn't try to bully security guards and women.

That $15 million plus a year can be better spent. And Ezekiel Elliott and his 'associates' can go pound sand!

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Once he avoided another suspension the hold out was on.

Cowboy fans are so fickle who were defending him against obvious DV charges but then can’t stand him when he avoids suspension and holds out cause he sees Cowboys ready to pay Dak a year early but not him 2 years early.

Fool me once shame on you? Meh most wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because it best served their interest in the team they choose to root for is all I can say. If he were in Philly we would all be bashing them to the depths of hell for being such a classless organization. Personally I could care less what he does off the field(within reason) as long as he is available come Sunday. I have never considered these guys role models and have instilled that belief structure in my children. They are nothing more than superior athletes that play a game I love watching. The notion of believing someone is a decent human being who I personally have no interaction with isn’t worth the time of fretting over when they screw up unless it affects their availability on Sunday afternoon

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
..he's probably done as cowboy. Jerry already has been quoted saying, "You don't need a rushing champion to win the SB".

This the same Jerry who drafted Zeke 4th overall and has offered Zeke more money during his holdout.

Jerry says a lot of things. How anyone could take him seriously after all these years...:muttley:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why shouldn’t he be the highest paid RB?

Because there is this thing called a salary cap...………….seriously, its like some of you guys are just seeing this sport for the first time:huh:

We cant pay Zeke, Dak, Coop, and all of our other 36 free agents top dollar...………like Stephen said, "everybody cant max out with a cap".

Maybe if your boy Garrett wasn't such a turd of a coach, we wouldn't need all-pros at every dam position, but we are "talent dependent" as you like to always say. Well, guess what? Players and their agents aint stupid, they know Garrett is a turd and so they can hold the team hostage until we pay their ransom demands.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
L
Because there is this thing called a salary cap...………….seriously, its like some of you guys are just seeing this sport for the first time:huh:

We cant pay Zeke, Dak, Coop, and all of our other 36 free agents top dollar...………like Stephen said, "everybody cant max out with a cap".

Maybe if your boy Garrett wasn't such a turd of a coach, we wouldn't need all-pros at every dam position, but we are "talent dependent" as you like to always say. Well, guess what? Players and their agents aint stupid, they know Garrett is a turd and so they can hold the team hostage until we pay their ransom demands.
Thats Jerry’s call not mine. I’m just trying to surround them with best available talent. And I still think Jerry sees his rings were won by Triplets plus a great offense is easier and more fun to sell than a defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's interesting to see the people who talk about business versus the people who are just spewing emotions.

On an emotional level I love Zeke. He carried my alma mater to the first CFP championship. He led the Cowboys to 13-3 as a rookie, and I loved it.

But as a businessman, I understand his desire to be the highest paid at his position AND I understand the Cowboys' reluctance to make him so. If the cap didn't exist, Jerry would do it in a heartbeat - it's not like he doesn't have the cash. But from a team standpoint in the salary cap era the Cowboys have to be smart. I don't want to have the RB with the highest cap hit to be on the Cowboys, because it'll require sacrifices elsewhere.

That's it. No emotions, just business. Some of you ladies should try it. :rolleyes:

Yep...……...your a "big picture" guy. You look at the team as if your are the GM. You understand that winning a SB is the ONLY goal. You care about the TEAM over the players.

In a salary cap era it only makes sense to get as much of a manageable contract as you can for these guys. This is a big next couple of years for the Cowboys and how they manage signing these young studs. If they screw it up they will screw it all up. Trying to get each guy to accept a "top 5 average" deal for the good of the whole team is a great goal. And its reasonable. Having to be the highest paid guy at your position for momentary bragging rights is rather short sighted and selfish in my opinion. Its no wonder guys like Brady win so much.

And what kind of a message would it send to future signings if Jerry caved into Zeke's demand by simply holding out with two years left on his deal? It would only embolden other players to take the same path as Zeke. And it sets a bad example for leadership. That off the field antics and leadership don't matter.

Jerry has to hold fast for many reasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m trying to picture holding fast . Like last year after releasing Dez then falling to 3-4. Lol

Yea, he held strong. Lmao

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
L

Thats Jerry’s call not mine. I’m just trying to surround them with best available talent. And I still think Jerry sees his rings were won by Triplets plus a great offense is easier and more fun to sell than a defense.

You just hit the nail on the head:hammer:

This is the exact reason why we cannot just pay Zeke whatever the hell he wants. Because if we blow our load on Zeke, there will not be enough money to resign our 36 free agents next year. So who you willing to let walk so Zeke can pound his chest at being the highest paid RB in NFL history? Larell Collins? Letting him walk next year? How about Malik Collins? How about Byron Jones?

See, its not so simple as just "pay Zeke whatever he wants". The more precise way to ask the question is, "are you willing to let Byron Jones and Larell Collins walk next year if you pay Zeke more than Gurley"?

Are you?

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
What if he’s asking for 17-20 million a year. Do y’all pay the man fans still want him.
Hell no! That is stupid money for a RB. If Zeke is going to cripple us and cause us to lose Dak or more importantly Cooper. He can get bent. Pollard has the chance of a liftime and nobody thought he would get it. I really hope he kills it and makes Zeke an after thought.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
So Zeke is supposed to play out a jacked up contract when hes making 50 percent below TGurley and Bell?

Really?
How is it jacked up? It's a rookie contract that he signed. Jerry needs to fine his *** the full amount possible. Then he starts losing game checks on top of it. Something tells me he'll agree to a deal pretty quickly after that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How is it jacked up? It's a rookie contract that he signed. Jerry needs to fine his *** the full amount possible. Then he starts losing game checks on top of it. Something tells me he'll agree to a deal pretty quickly after that.

At $250,000 a game, I wonder just how serious Zeke is about this holdout.

The chit is about to get real for Zeke, lets see how he likes sitting in Cabo pissing away a quarter of a million a week.

CapnB

Reaction score
I will never know, but im not sure i would really be able tell the difference if i got paid 13 mil or 16 mil.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Whatever.

Zeke is ranked 432nd in total cash salaries for 2019.

That's right. 432nd.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/

Jerry will pay Zeke or he sits.

Why do I care one tiny bit about "total cash salaries for 2019"? Look at his overall deal....when he signed it he was a top paid RB because he was a 4th overall pick.

He's been paid quite well already and still has 2 years left on his deal. It's not like he's making 450k a season.

Trade him, he's cancer and a total knucklehead.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep...……...your a "big picture" guy. You look at the team as if your are the GM. You understand that winning a SB is the ONLY goal. You care about the TEAM over the players.

In a salary cap era it only makes sense to get as much of a manageable contract as you can for these guys. This is a big next couple of years for the Cowboys and how they manage signing these young studs. If they screw it up they will screw it all up. Trying to get each guy to accept a "top 5 average" deal for the good of the whole team is a great goal. And its reasonable. Having to be the highest paid guy at your position for momentary bragging rights is rather short sighted and selfish in my opinion. Its no wonder guys like Brady win so much.

And what kind of a message would it send to future signings if Jerry caved into Zeke's demand by simply holding out with two years left on his deal? It would only embolden other players to take the same path as Zeke. And it sets a bad example for leadership. That off the field antics and leadership don't matter.

Jerry has to hold fast for many reasons.

:clap:

waldoputty

Reaction score
i should not say it.
i really should not.
but i would laugh my butt of when he crawls back game 11.
At $250,000 a game, I wonder just how serious Zeke is about this holdout.

The chit is about to get real for Zeke, lets see how he likes sitting in Cabo pissing away a quarter of a million a week.

he received a $16 million signing bonus 2 years ago.
so he kept at least $10 million.
too bad he will probably not run out of money

CapnB

Reaction score
Once he avoided another suspension the hold out was on.

Cowboy fans are so fickle who were defending him against obvious DV charges but then can’t stand him when he avoids suspension and holds out cause he sees Cowboys ready to pay Dak a year early but not him 2 years early.

obvious Dv charges? When did that happen? I dont remember any DV charges.