Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Rayman70

Reaction score
zeke wants ….that's all we been hearing. Nothing about we the team...its been all about him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever.

Zeke is ranked 432nd in total cash salaries for 2019.

That's right. 432nd.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/

Jerry will pay Zeke or he sits.

Good, then "he sits"!

And he loses his place running behind the best offensive line in the game while others make a name for themselves.

Just like Demarco Murray did BEFORE HIM.

Zeke can retire and focus on getting in trouble full time.

The Idiot.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Ha! He has been the NFLs rushing leader 2 out of 3 years. He is undoubtedly the best RB in the game. He should have the highest paying contract because there is no one better.
He’s “undoubtedly” the best RB in the game, and yet Gurley has been first team All-Pro RB two years running and was rated higher in the NFL Top 100, meaning that both the players and the media covering them think that Elliot is “undoubtedly” not the best.

HanD

Reaction score
No, but injuries, bad seasons, cap restrictions, coaching changes, front office changes, age, etc., are perfectly justifiable reasons for owners to cancel contracts?

Based on the cba.....yes. Want fully guaranteed, take less.

Gaede

Reaction score
zeke wants ….that's all we been hearing. Nothing about we the team...its been all about him.
You are so right. Next time I deserve a raise from my employer, I am going to let it slide because the 'team'.

You know what Zeke's team is thinking right now? Hell yeah, Zeke, get the money you're owed

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good, then "he sits"!

And he loses his place running behind the best offensive line in the game while others make a name for themselves.

Just like Demarco Murray did BEFORE HIM.

Zeke can retire and focus on getting in trouble full time.

The Idiot.
the kicker is, he is under a contract with 2 years left. Many act a sif hes been wronged lol..the guy is signed. Emmitt and company failed to mention that last night during the broadcast. How convenient...selective memory.

Gaede

Reaction score
He’s “undoubtedly” the best RB in the game, and yet Gurley has been first team All-Pro RB two years running and was rated higher in the NFL Top 100, meaning that both the players and the media covering them think that Elliot is “undoubtedly” not the best.

Ok, undoubtedly may be a much, you got me there

Rayman70

Reaction score
You are so right. Next time I deserve a raise from my employer, I am going to let it slide because the 'team'.

You know what Zeke's team is thinking right now? Hell yeah, Zeke, get the money you're owed
he has a deal he signed with 2 years remaining. HONOR WHAT U SIGNED. Theres a thought.

Rayman70

Reaction score

hes owed ZIP/..but for the deal he already signed...NOTHING MORE.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The love affair with Pollard will wear off quick. He's not meant to be a bell cow. At all. Morris/Pollard = McFadden/Randle. Which was terrible despite what the yardage said. They could not sustain a drive to save their lives.

Agreed and my post was not meant I think he can replace Zeke. Just saying it is his time to start and ready to roll with him. Season starts next week so time to focus on who is here.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to understand from Zeke’s point of view and I’m thinking, Cowboys have run him into the ground the last few years. Highest in carries and he gets hit a lot, I mean a lot. He’s carried the team.

What if he played this next year on his rookie contract and blows out his knee? He’s not gonna make another big contract. More carries = higher % of injury.

I don’t agree with what he’s doing but just trying to be unbiased and putting myself in his shoes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry always does the blah blah blah blah thing of his then he PAYS!
In this case he really has no other option as our team depends on Zeke in a most extreme way which I personally dislike as its gonna eat our Cap big time!
Same old, same old, one Jerry mistake brings another creates another and another .....this hold-out is just the end result of a idiotic GM who pretty much is in love with 1 thing ONLY........himself and his massive EGO!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to understand from Zeke’s point of view and I’m thinking, Cowboys have run him into the ground the last few years. Highest in carries and he gets hit a lot, I mean a lot. He’s carried the team.

What if he played this next year on his rookie contract and blows out his knee? He’s not gonna make another big contract. More carries = higher % of injury.

I don’t agree with what he’s doing but just trying to be unbiased and putting myself in his shoes.
he signed the deal.

Gaede

Reaction score
hes owed ZIP/..but for the deal he already signed...NOTHING MORE.

Gurley got extended. Why not Zeke?

You have an elite player. Its not only smart to extend them while they're in ther prime, but the right thing ro do.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No, but injuries, bad seasons, cap restrictions, coaching changes, front office changes, age, etc., are perfectly justifiable reasons for owners to cancel contracts?
Name the last time an owner cancelled a contract?