Rate the Ache/Pain

blindzebra

Reaction score
Cluster migraine, felt like someone put an ax through my right eye. Went to the emergency room twice with them. Demerol the first time, did nothing. Morphine the second plus $10 a pill migraine medicine, did nothing. Family doc looked up my nose, said I was running a fever, gave me an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory and it was gone in about 5 hours.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cluster migraine, felt like someone put an ax through my right eye. Went to the emergency room twice with them. Demerol the first time, did nothing. Morphine the second plus $10 a pill migraine medicine, did nothing. Family doc looked up my nose, said I was running a fever, gave me an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory and it was gone in about 5 hours.
Morphine is strange, the way you can feel it travel through your body, isn't it?

GMO415

Reaction score
My lower back seized up and I couldn't even move. Pain was so severe.my blood pressure shot up off the charts.

rags747

Reaction score
My ruptured appendix was by far the most painful thing I've experienced. You pansies with your toothaches and burns don't know what you are taking about.
That's funny stuff, how did it rupture? Toothache probably the worst for me.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
The worst physical pain I've ever experienced was when I broke my right clavicle while playing football. Every breath was painful after that tackle.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It probably felt useless and unimportant, and committed suicide.
The point is, it didn't feel useless and unimportant. It poisoned and almost killed me like a little terrorist. It hurt like hell until it ruptured and then I just past out from the pain.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The point is, it didn't feel useless and unimportant. It poisoned and almost killed me like a little terrorist. It hurt like hell until it ruptured and then I just past out from the pain.
That had to hurt. The doctor said if I had gone to the hospital 3 hours later (gallbladder) I would have died...........Damn, just missed!

cowboyec

Reaction score
back spasm...8.

kidney stone...10...easily...10....took me 2wks to pass it.
easily.
no question.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hear you have another one growing... :muttley:
prayin' for ya.
mix apple cidar vinegar w/8oz of water....drink it thru out the day....do that every day til it passes.
it worked for me.
make sure the apple cidar vinegar says mothered on the lable.
dont drink it all at once...make it last thru out the day.
do it each day til it passes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I am down in Mexico and get a toothache and go to see Dr. Alvarez, the dentist recommended by the hotel. Dr. Alvarez says the tooth must be extracted and I am a little alarmed and ask him if he's done any dental work on other Americans and he says of course and gives me the list and invites me to call any of them. So I pick Dennis Halpert of Des Moines, IA and call him.

"Hello, Mr. Halpert, you don't know me but I am down in Mexico and had a toothache and went to see Dr. Alvarez and he wants to pull it and I have your name as one of his patients and noticed you had some work done about 5 years ago. Would you recommend Dr. Alvarez?"

"Well, I remember Dr. Alvarez very well. Are you a baseball fan?"

"Yes, I like baseball but what

"I love baseball and my son loves baseball and is really good. He's 19 just got signed by the Yankees and is not even going into the farm system, going straight to the bigs because he can throw a 100 mile an hour fastball."

"That's great but what

"Last Tuesday we were out in the back yard and I told him that I'd never really caught his famous fastball and wanted to see what that was like. I mean how many people have ever caught a 100 mile an hour fastball? I got down in my crouch and he turned loose a screamer only it was a little low and went right under the mitt and hit me square in the balls. And that's the first time in 5 years my teeth haven't hurt."

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Pain is only revelant when your suffering from it& its easy to push the intensity of it out of your mind once your no longer enjoying its benefitso_O

I guess it would've had to have been when I came to after having that left ankle lag bolted & plated,it was after midnight & when the flaky N.A. at the hospital eyes lit up& started watering over after he'd checked my chart at the foot of the bed where it said Demerol,,, he shot me up with a horse needle of something, I hope it was plain saline solution & that S.O.B was gone/ split the scene/went home,,,man alive ! that pain was rolling in just like the rising tide, each 'wave' coming in stronger levels of intensity than the last one,,,that's definitely the most memorable session I can fondly recall, but heck man ! even running a 1/2" long wood splinter up under your finger nail while chaining down a backhoe for transport could probably be rated pretty high on the intensity chart for some,,,it's that whole threshold casing-liner of a persono_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ran into a tree on a snowmobile. Fractured shoulder in 5 places, separated shoulder, fractured ribs, concussion. Cracked my helmet where my jaw is.

Ouch, ouch, ouch, and OUCH!! (Not necessarily in that order.)