Rate the Ache/Pain

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have a high pain tolerance but I'd have to say a toothache was the worst. I let it get bad, spending months numbing the pain with scotch avoiding the dentist until it hurt the entire side of my face one night and there was nothing I could do about it. Paid an emergency fee to get an appointment on a Saturday. This was back in the early 90s so it wasn't easy getting dental appointments on weekends back then.

That said, the relief of the pain was one of the best feelings in the world. He shot me up with that Novocaine and I could feel the pain whisking away.

Just like popping a swollen finger nail after slamming it in between something. Popped one so good it sounded like I opened a can of tennis balls with all the pressure releasing. I don't want to smash my finger again, but if I ever do, I'd love to feel all that pain going away at once.

Another bad pain I had was a headache following a myelogram in the early 80's. That headache was no joke and the worst part is I had to lay still for 8 hours. I must have asked my mom how much time I had left a thousand time. It was brutal.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dental pain can be extremely rough, but the worst for me was when the arthritis in my cervical spine first flared up. I woke up in the middle of the night in more pain than I thought possible. It felt like someone drove a railroad spike through my spine and into the bed. I couldn't roll or sit up. All I could do was go in circles on the bed around my pain. I honestly believe that if I owned a gun, I would have shot myself in the head.
Next up is the arthritis in my pelvic joint, then a ruptured eardrum, a gangrenous gallbladder, then probably the torn rotator cuff, which I'm finally getting surgery on next week, after 13 years of dealing with it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have hit some 10's with this hip but it doesn't stay there but it has increased my Tourrette's because I involuntarily yell out whatever comes to mind and I've got a pretty extensive naughty vocabulary. And I have discovered only cuss words accelerate relief.

Today I was in HEB and my foot stuck next to this lady's cart, unbeknownst to me, and I made the mistake of turning on my right foot which is attached to my right leg which is attached to my bad right hip. I dropped the loudest F bomb right in the wine aisle (serves me right, huh) and this poor lady screamed because I dropped to the floor and she thought she'd done something to me. When the pain that came close to blacking me out subsided, I was trying to console her because she was crying and thought she'd hurt me. I explained why I was limping and it was my fault that I was in a high traffic area. So, there's this old guy just standing there and taking all this in and after I had explained, he just looked at me and said "you need to get that looked at". I thought about telling him I'd just come from 3 hours of pre op stuff but I figured it was time to move on but was I too late?

The crowd disbursed and I caught this one little old lady about 10 feet away with this little mischievous grin, as if I had been talking dirty to her. She winked at me and terror gripped me and the first thing that came into my mind was that old cartoon with Foghorn Leghorn and that little old chicken after him and the minute that hit, I cracked up because she had glasses just like that little old chicken.

But I tell ya one pain I never want and I saw two grown me cry with it and one was my Dad, kidney stones. They can zap them and make it easier to pass these days but anyone I've ever known that has had them said there is no pain to equal that.

timb2

Reaction score
.Broke my nose falling onto the barrel of a M-60 machine gun in the Marines.