Rate the last movie you saw

ethiostar

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3831333 said:
Machete

It had Jessica Alba and Lindsey Lohan in various states of undress.

5/10 for that reason alone...

:)

I watched it a few nights ago. I didn't know much about it before i sat down to watch it and I couldn't believe the number of well known actors that were in this movie. Its nice to see Danny Trejo getting a starring role, although his character wasn't any different than many of the movies that he has been in.

I agree with your rating and the reasoning behind it;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reeker

As noted before, I have been watching a good deal of B horror movies. So this is more for those that might like those kinds of movies.

This one was kind of odd. Odd in the idea that many times B movies have horrible acting. This one was OK as far as acting goes. But over all it was pretty dumb. It could have been done better with a better screen play of it.

I mean why is death only attacking people in this one area. Why does he have some kind of drill/saw hand attachment?

During the movie I was not sure if it was some kind of alien doing the things, some kind of monster or some crazy guy.

They tried to make a kind of twist at the end but it was just goofy.

===

The Runaways.

Not bad, not great.

Was surprised by the job Kristen Stewart (famous for her twilight movie roles) did as Joan Jett. She did a pretty good job IMO.

The movie was good as far as telling how the band started, what it went through and the lead singers problems. The show they did in Japan is a pretty good recreation of the actual event (seen the real performance of sherry bomb in japan on video).

I kept thinking I knew the actor who played the manager but just could not place him. Turns out he was the guy who played the FBI/IRS (can not remember which) on Boardwalk Empire.

The one thing that irked me was at the end when they were putting up little blurbs of what some of the band members went on to do after the band broke up and they only talked about the Singer, Joan Jett and the manager. I wondered why they did not talk about Lita Ford going on to have success.

Turns out Lita and some of the other members of the band did not want to sell their stories so I guess they kind of left those characters out at the end and only gave their characters very bare roles during the film.

There was some good music in the movie for the genre and the time period so that was a bonus.

I don't think it is a movie I would watch again but if someone likes documentary type movies about rock bands they might enjoy it as a one time type movie.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3831542 said:
I wondered why they did not talk about Lita Ford going on to have success.

Turns out Lita and some of the other members of the band did not want to sell their stories so I guess they kind of left those characters out at the end and only gave their characters very bare roles during the film.

There was some good music in the movie for the genre and the time period so that was a bonus.

I don't think it is a movie I would watch again but if someone likes documentary type movies about rock bands they might enjoy it as a one time type movie.

Lita Ford was in the Runaways?? How did I miss that?
I thought it was pretty good too. Not the best music bio-type movie I've ever seen, but definitely enjoyable. And Dakota Fanning is outstanding. (It's Cherry Bomb, by the way.)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Book of Eli: 6/10 Interesting idea, but not a great movie

Fast and the Furious: 3/10 How did Vin Diesel ever get an acting job?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3832764 said:

I have gotten where the only one of the fast and furious movies I care to watch now is the one that is set in Japan.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
nyc;3832764 said:

Was Vin Diesel in that movie? For some reason the only thing I remember is Jordana Brewster.

As bad as Vin Diesel is at acting Paul Walker makes him look like an expert.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3832797 said:
I have gotten where the only one of the fast and furious movies I care to watch now is the one that is set in Japan.

That was the first one I've seen. I wasn't ever going to watch any of them, but there was nothing on last night and I just didn't change the channel when it came on.

HopalongCassidy

Reaction score
Ghost 10/10
Because it deserves a 10/10. I've never cried as much as i did after the movie in a loooooooonnng time.

Exit Wounds 8/10
Just because It's always been my fav.

Machete 6/10
Like i've heard amazing how many well know actors played in this one. Not what i expected either.

Micheal Jackson This is it. 10/10
:beatit: I tell you not I've never seen a man glide on air before.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3832797 said:

Some good driving in that one...Tokyo Drift.

I only watch them because of the cars.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac;3833150 said:
Some good driving in that one...Tokyo Drift.

I only watch them because of the cars.

I like american muscle cars more but there are some nice cars in it.

The eye candy in the tokyo drift one is not bad either.:cool:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3833154 said:
I like american muscle cars more but there are some nice cars in it.

The eye candy in the tokyo drift one is not bad either.:cool:

I'm an American Muscle car guy too. Some older ones, then I like some from my era growing up too. (late 70s and 80s)

'68 Camero SS
'73 Stingray
'79 Firebird
'85 IROC Z
'85 & '86 Buick Grand National (probably my absolute favorite, which is funny because I really don't like Buicks!)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3833206 said:
I'm an American Muscle car guy too. Some older ones, then I like some from my era growing up too. (late 70s and 80s)

'68 Camero SS
'73 Stingray
'79 Firebird
'85 IROC Z
'85 & '86 Buick Grand National (probably my absolute favorite, which is funny because I really don't like Buicks!)

I concur with your list.:D

I will add the the 68 firebird as well.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm a domestic and import car guy. Don't find too many of those.

Saw a clip from the new Fast/Furious entry. Looks like much more American muscle. Chargers, Challengers, Camaros, etc.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3833291 said:
I'm a domestic and import car guy. Don't find too many of those.

Saw a clip from the new Fast/Furious entry. Looks like much more American muscle. Chargers, Challengers, Camaros, etc.

One of the guys was driving a Charger in the first one. I think it was Vin's second car.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3833210 said:
I concur with your list.:D

I will add the the 68 firebird as well.

I like the '68 Nova SS too. :)

743_main_f.jpg

Well, maybe not this one. :laugh2:

sucs_0666_copo_01_z+1968_nova_ss_copo+passenger_side_front_view.jpg

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Dancing Outlaw
6/10

Dancing Outlaw II
3/10

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
7/10

It is what it is, simply to entertain and give people a glimpse of a world that they would otherwise not have much knowledge of.

Now I just need to find an animated gif of Jesco dancing with his boom box on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood :).

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Stone - 0/10

Awful, awful, awful movie. I only rate movies a zero if they're so bad that I actually turn them off during the movie...this is one of them.

I only made it about halfway through the movie and that was as much as I could possibly take of it. Absolutely awful film.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Due Date- 7/10

Faster- 8/10

The Social Network 6/10

Precious- 6/10

Felon- 9/10

If you have Netflix I highly recommend Felon. It's about a man making a mistake at his home and is arrested and sent to jail. The story is how he survives in a tough prison. I really enjoyed it.

kmp77

Reaction score
Gone Baby Gone 9/10

Just watched this one again. If you don't know, this was written and directed by Ben Afflek and stars his brother, Casey Afflek. Great great underrated movie. A lot of great acting in this by Ed Harris, Casey, Morgan Freeman, and the lady from the office (michael's goofy girlfriend).

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lovely bones.

Thought it was good.

Some of the scenes made me think I was watching a Bjork (sp?) video.

All in all I liked it.

I imagine the book would be much better though.

Stanley Tucci does a good job playing his character as the character really gave off the creep factor.