Rate the last movie you saw

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
King's Speech 10/10

Awesome movie. As usual the British actors put North American actors to shame. Geoffrey Rush, Derek Jacoby, Guy Pearce and Colin Firth were amazing in it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3828215 said:
King's Speech 10/10

Awesome movie. As usual the British actors put North American actors to shame. Geoffrey Rush, Derek Jacoby, Guy Pearce and Colin Firth were amazing in it.

Australian.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's cute how Canadians always refer to "North America"?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3828475 said:
Anyone else think it's cute how Canadians always refer to "North America"?

I prefer Homer Simpson's nickname for the Canucks: America Jr.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Seven Years in Tibet: 6.5 / 10

It isn't a bad movie, but not great either.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
King's Speech 10/10

You mean because a few British actors are good, the 500 truckloads of great American actors now suck?

Let me guess. You feel small being from crappy Canada?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
King's Speech 10/10

As long as you're happy with that opinion then it's all good. I wouldn't agree with this, on a whole, but whatever floats your boat.

greg08

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3824521 said:
Black Swan - 2/10 - Gets 3 points for the hump scenes. Other than that it was boring

True Grit - 8/10 - Felt weightless, but still entertaining and clever.
are you kidding. black swan was great. it was anything but boring. but let me guess, you probably thought no strings attached was a 10/10. looks like your logic of thinking

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
greg08;3829015 said:
are you kidding. black swan was great. it was anything but boring. but let me guess, you probably thought no strings attached was a 10/10. looks like your logic of thinking

*Spoilers*
What part was exciting or interesting?(Besides the obvious scene 44 minutes, 31 seconds in).

I was bored to start w/ until she went into the room w/ the director of the play, I was starting to pay attention and feel some tension. But then they just went over the top and no character was even a real person.

greg08

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3829711 said:
*Spoilers*
What part was exciting or interesting?(Besides the obvious scene 44 minutes, 31 seconds in).

I was bored to start w/ until she went into the room w/ the director of the play, I was starting to pay attention and feel some tension. But then they just went over the top and no character was even a real person.
the whole movie was interesting. the pressure she was under to perform. her going crazy thinking that the other female in the play was after her part and how she suffered from it. the movie lets you know what she is going through. the ending was pretty good too although you can tell whats going to happen as they tell you what the play is about

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Buried - 5/10. While I appreciate the undertaking of a movie that involves essentially one actor and one location, and I think the basic concept can work, I just found too much of the phone calls and the actions by Conroy (sp?) to just be unrealistic, and borderline unbelievable.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
greg08;3829758 said:
the whole movie was interesting. the pressure she was under to perform. her going crazy thinking that the other female in the play was after her part and how she suffered from it. the movie lets you know what she is going through. the ending was pretty good too although you can tell whats going to happen as they tell you what the play is about

I didnt feel her pressure to be perfect at all, I thought the character was a silly 9 year old trapped in an awesome body. She would pout and stomp her feet towards her mom, she would act like a complete idiot around the director, she was very cartoonish imo.

greg08

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3829781 said:
I didnt feel her pressure to be perfect at all, I thought the character was a silly 9 year old trapped in an awesome body. She would pout and stomp her feet towards her mom, she would act like a complete idiot around the director, she was very cartoonish imo.
sounds like you did not understand the movie to well. she already has won 2 awards for her role plus a golden globe. in a few weeks time she will be taking home the oscar as well

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Let Me In - 6/10

Pales in comparison to the original movie which is based on an insane, and even better, book. Especially in terms of cinematography. There's absolutely no reason to move the setting of the story to the States unless film makers truly believe Americans are too stupid to take any story seriously unless it is set domestically.

Chloe was awesome in it, as I expected but the other kid basically put in the same weakling act he used in The Road, so that got old real quick.

Richard Jenkins was great, as always. The dude is a very underrated character actor.

Overall the whole thing had no real weight. They successfully avoided every controversial point in the book, so that was fantastic. The final result was a pretty bland film that neither improves on the previous movie nor the book, shocking.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
SALT..... 8/10

loved the story.
Jolie looked more like a super hero than a spy. I would have made that a little more believable

all in all a very entertaining movie

RED.....6/10

movie was watchable and somewhat entertaining but I will not remember it next week

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Machete

It had Jessica Alba and Lindsey Lohan in various states of undress.

5/10 for that reason alone...

:)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Insider 7/10.

I would have rated it higher, but it felt as if the tobacco industry never had a face in the movie, they were just a extremely evil villain pulling strings behind the drapes.

Overall it was still a very good movie.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Education of Charlie Parker 7/10- Surprisingly it was a good movie, nothing too amazing or original but just a good story.

One thing I cannot believe was this was directed by Fred Durst, and uh he did a pretty darn good job, wonder why he hasn't done any more movies. Crazy that he can direct because his music/persona suked really bad. :laugh1: