Rate the last movie you saw

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched 'Contraband' tonight. A decent, action movie worth buying on demand. I would give it a 7.5/10. The extra 0.5 is just for Kate Beckingsale :)

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Ted

It's funny but many of the lines I was like, yep heard that before. Some bad writing but it also made up for it with some really good parts. Surprisingly a movie with a lot of mixed emotions. Pretty good.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tower Heist 7/10 I was surprised how much I enjoyed this movie. I didn't want to see it but my wife did so I got it through Netflix. It wasn't a laugh out loud comedy, but there were a few chuckles and I actually cared what happend at the end.

kmd24

Reaction score
Last movie I saw was Take This Waltz, a pre-theatrical release on vudu.com. I really liked the movie for what it was. It's in the vein of Lost in Translation or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, two movies I also liked. If you hated those movies, you'll hate this one too. I'd downgrade it for some gratuitous nudity that didn't really add to the story. (8/10)

Last movie in the theater was Brave. My wife and I took our daughter, and she loved it. We didn't see the 3D version, but the CGI was really amazing. As usual for Pixar, it wouldn't have mattered because the story was captivating. (9/10)

Other recent movies I've seen: No Strings Attached (6/10 - similar to A Lot Like Love but not as good, IMO), Moon (interesting sci-fi flick 7/10), Avengers (9/10), Serenity (another sci-fi flick which would probably be mediocre if you never watched the Firefly series 7/10), Midnight in Paris (9/10), Iron Man 2 (7/10), Being Elmo (8/10).

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Moonrise Kingdom 9.5/10 Loved it. Wes Anderson is 50/50 for me (loved loved the Fantastic Mr. Fox), but I think this is my second favorite Wes Anderson movie. Can't say enough great things except for that one very awkward scene (they are 12 years old after all).

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Get the Gringo. 7/10

Never had heard of this movie, until few weeks ago and finally decided to give it a try. Think the script was well written, the acting was good and it pretty entertaining movie.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Savages - 7/10

Got into a free early screening of Savages, and thought it was pretty good. The ending is a mess though. Denicio del Toro steals the show yet again, although really everyone is at least decent in this one.

It struck me as the type of movie Quentin Tarantino would have knocked out of the park.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
'The Edge'

8/10 If you like survival/outdoor stuff, then this is a must watch

StevenOtero

Reaction score
A Face in the Crowd

I'll rate it a 9.8 out of 10

Starring: Andy Griffith, Patricia Neal, Walter Matthau, Lee Remick

"An Arkansas hobo becomes an overnight media sensation. But as he becomes drunk with fame and power, will he ever be exposed as the fraud he has become?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050371/

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Amazing Spiderman - 7/10

After hearing all this talk about the chemistry between the leads in this, I was a little disappointed. First of all, they don't look anything like the 17 year old high schoolers they are supposed to be portraying. There's a point in the movie where Emma Stone yells at her "Dad", "I'm 17 year old!" and the entire crowd laughed. She's definitely a hard 17.

All that being said, the movie was enjoyable overall. I'm not the biggest spidey fan in the world (much more of a Batman guy) and I think that primarily stems from the villains he goes up against. In the end, I felt that the entire confrontation arc between the two was very formulaic.

They also tried way too hard to create this air of mystery around Peter's parents and his past, only to deliver absolutely nothing on both fronts in the entire film.

If you're a spiderman fan, you'll probably enjoy it regardless but if you went expecting a vivid re-imagining of the spiderman mythos, you'll probably be disappointed.

I will say that Stan Lee shows up in this one when you're just starting to wonder if he's going to show up at all, and his scene is perfect.

Also stay through the credits, there is a teaser...

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;4611010 said:
The Amazing Spiderman - 7/10

Also stay through the credits, there is a teaser...

Do you mean a teaser during the credits, or after the entire credits roll like in the Avengers (eating sandwiches at Shawarma)

Good review. Hope to see the movie in a couple of days.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
saw People Like Us this afternoon with the wife. Probably the best movie I have seen in a very long time. Action movies are great, but a movie with a great story, great acting, a little humor and drama mixed in and great great ending. My kind of movie. It is kind of a chick flick but it's not. Just a great story....

Kristen82

Reaction score
"The Messenger" with Woody Harrelson and Ben Foster. Great movie.

"The Last Exorcism". Geez was it gross. Two thumbs up.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Just saw the Amazing Spiderman. It was pretty good. It was funny, and a different style than the previous Spiderman movies. No relation to the previous films either, this starts with him getting bit again.

joseephuss

Reaction score
johnny utah;4611608 said:
HEAT 10/10

Deniro and Pacino thats all.

Pacino was terrible in that movie. He was just a caricature of his previous characters. I enjoyed the story and direction of the film, but Pacino was very annoying.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Jammer;4611151 said:
Do you mean a teaser during the credits, or after the entire credits roll like in the Avengers (eating sandwiches at Shawarma)

Good review. Hope to see the movie in a couple of days.

It's during the credits, but don't get your hopes up. :laugh2:

johnny utah

joseephuss;4611700 said:
Pacino was terrible in that movie. He was just a caricature of his previous characters. I enjoyed the story and direction of the film, but Pacino was very annoying.
I disagree with your take on Pacino. I liked the scence where he finds his wife running around on him and his reaction. As well as the final scence where he takes down McCauley.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
stranger than fiction...just watched it on crackle.

will ferrell does an outstanding job in his first serious role.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Ted".

9/10.

Laughed my arse off.

Lot's of salty language (wouldn't suggest taking kids to it), but was it funny!