Rate the last movie you saw

Carson

Reaction score
The Warriors is one of my favorite movies. Every guy who sees this film loves it.(No big actors and it is older but still holds up today.Playstation made a video game about it I think about in 2007 of this

One of my all time favorites! Made a trip to Coney Island because of this movie haha

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defendor- Kind of a weird comic book hero but it has it's moments(Woody Harrelson)

If you liked Defendor you might like Super with Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Liv Tyler and Kevin Bacon.

Kind of the same idea of a loser who becomes a hero.

Kind of funny in some areas.

I think I enjoyed both about the same. Neither were great but were worth a watch.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 8/10

It was a really fun movie. I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was worth every cent (matinee prices). The 3D visuals were stunning. Unlike the first movie, I had high expectations for this one, and except for some minor quibbles my expectations were met.

I sat through the end credits to see all the snippets. I'm always glad to see them, but sometimes when the movie is over I'm ready to leave. One thing that was highly annoying was two people a couple of rows ahead of me who started staring at their phone as soon as the credits rolled. Sad part was, it was a family of four and it was the parents who started looking at their phones. I thought for sure it would be the teenage girls, but it was the parents. Luckily, a guy sitting just behind them made a snide comment loud enough for them to hear. It went something along the lines of there being a big *** 3D IMAX screen showing some really cool stuff, but looking at a tiny phone screen in a dark movie theater was WAY better.

This wouldn't bother anyone around here. All the theaters turn the lights up some when the credits begin to roll, so cell phones are not distracting at all.

I often check my phone to see if a movie has any stingers once the credits begin to roll (though obviously for a Marvel movie, it's not something that needs to be looked into at this point).

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This wouldn't bother anyone around here. All the theaters turn the lights up some when the credits begin to roll, so cell phones are not distracting at all.

I often check my phone to see if a movie has any stingers once the credits begin to roll (though obviously for a Marvel movie, it's not something that needs to be looked into at this point).
The theater did turn the lights up some, but it was still dark, and when two phones were turned on simultaneously next to each other it was very distracting. It seemed the phones brightness modes were in full setting as well. They weren't trying to be discreet about it either. Maybe because it was in an IMAX theater, watching it in 3D, and with stadium seating it seemed as if the phones were in my direct line of sight. It was distracting and it annoyed someone enough to make a passive aggressive comment towards them.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The theater did turn the lights up some, but it was still dark, and when two phones were turned on simultaneously next to each other it was very distracting. It seemed the phones brightness modes were in full setting as well. They weren't trying to be discreet about it either. Maybe because it was in an IMAX theater, watching it in 3D, and with stadium seating it seemed as if the phones were in my direct line of sight. It was distracting and it annoyed someone enough to make a passive aggressive comment towards them.

Oh, yeah, with IMAX 3D glasses, I could see them standing out.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clown - new on Netflix. Horror movie by Eli Roth. I like some of his other stuff better. This was not terrible but not great either. By the title you can guess it has to do with a clown. A realtor finds an old clown costume in a house his office just got to sale. He puts it on for his kids birthday party. Afterwards he can not take it off no matter what he tries. Later he finds out that clowns were originally some kind of evil demons from foreign folk tales.

@MichaelWinicki would like this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alien Covenant - Eh...5/10. It wasn't very good. Worse than Prometheus which was pretty "meh" itself.
Prometheus is the reason why I haven't seen Alien Covenant yet. Ridley Scott's Alien remains in my personal top 100 movies. I built up a lot of anticipation for Prometheus and got wacked upside the head. Don't want a repeat of that happening again. I may wait until AC is available on DVD.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
couldn't agree more, almost fell asleep in that snoozer

I can only remember certain parts of a lot of these movies ,I guess highlights, like when that dudes legs transmutated into some kinda weird reverse angle creature legs and he took off running? That's the movie we're talking about, right?

I loved Prometheus.
Again, I only remember at the beginning when a dudes pours a vial of something into a river waterfall,,, I think I liked that one(getting old sucks.)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I thought it was a 7 / 10.

Action was very good.
Guess I gave it an '8' cuz' I've actually have been around dudes of the "coon-***" variety and can't say it was fond memory material.
Loved the smoke/ willy Pete RDS. They were laying down.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I can only remember certain parts of a lot of these movies ,I guess highlights, like when that dudes legs transmutated into some kinda weird reverse angle creature legs and he took off running? That's the movie we're talking about, right?

Heh, I'm not sure if you're joking (in which case, kudos) or if you didn't catch that they were talking about Arrival (No "The").

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Logan....rented it from google play and enjoyed it.
Actually may have liked it better than the other wolverine movies.

I can understand how some may not like it due to not many other X men characters being involved but I enjoyed it.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
The Sting, 10/10. One of the best movies ever
I got on a Newman kick a couple of years ago and I agree (I'd give it a 9/10). "The Hustler", with him and Jackie Gleason was equally as good and along the same lines (gambling). I wasn't that blown away with "Cool Hand Luke" and" Slap shot" wasn't as good as I remember, either.

Speaking of hockey movies, I revisited "Youngblood" and it wasn't nearly as cool as I remember.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I got on a Newman kick a couple of years ago and I agree (I'd give it a 9/10). "The Hustler", with him and Jackie Gleason was equally as good and along the same lines (gambling). I wasn't that blown away with "Cool Hand Luke" and" Slap shot" wasn't as good as I remember, either.

Speaking of hockey movies, I revisited "Youngblood" and it wasn't nearly as cool as I remember.

The Towering Inferno is also a good Newman movie, 1974 I think.