Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you checked out Train to Busan? Best zombie movie I've seen in quite a while, but it's a South Korean movie so you need to be ok with reading subtitles.

Yes I have and have recommended it to others.
Really enjoyed it.

Have found quite a few good S.Korean (or other Asian) movies over the last few years. Original Old Boy, Train To Bousan, I saw the Devil, Cold Fish, Slit Mouthed woman aka Carved, Suicide Club, The man from nowhere, Audition, Battle Royale, the good the bad and the weird.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yes I have and have recommended it to others.
Really enjoyed it.

Have found quite a few good S.Korean (or other Asian) movies over the last few years. Original Old Boy, Train To Bousan, I saw the Devil, Cold Fish, Slit Mouthed woman aka Carved, Suicide Club, The man from nowhere, Audition, Battle Royale, the good the bad and the weird.
The Wailing was an excellent S. Korean thriller/horror movie, BP. I think you'd like it.

I really need to see Train to Busan.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Wailing was an excellent S. Korean thriller/horror movie, BP. I think you'd like it.

I really need to see Train to Busan.

Put the Wailing on my netflix list.
Probably will finish Ozark first and watch the Wailing this weekend.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Rented a Redbox flick titled
" peelers" a zombie, graphic Gore, and less than redeemable naked boobies dancers squirting baseballs from their nether regions!!!,,,,MELONFEUDIAN score card ranks it a solid 7 with repeat viewing on a snowed/rained in kinda blah who gives a crap kinda day! Along the lvl #4 ranking,,,,

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
1 Mile to you.

This was a 9 on my scale. Well written.
Great running action shots sold it as far as I am concerned.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched a couple over the weekend On-Demand. I have never heard of them either.....

First Kill - 7.5

It is worth renting but not much to it, basically crooked cops trying to steal money.

Killing Ground - 5.0

The synopsis sounds a lot better than it actually was. A camping trip gone wrong set in Austrailia, I think. It was hard to follow due to the accents and poor acting.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does World War Z rank on your list of Zombie movies?

If the zombies moved this fast on TWD, there wouldn't be a show

I am not one of those that complain if the zombies are too fast or not. That does not bother me in the least.
Just different imaginations of zombies.
Just like some films people say are zombie films but they are more Rage infected people vs being zombies. Just different imaginations of the living dead.

When the dead are walking and eating and can hear you, see you and smell you even though their eyes, ears and noses should all be rotted past the point of being viable...why accept they can do that with rotted organs or body parts but than get mad if some are fast and run with rotted muscles or body parts? It perplexes me when people will suspend their beliefs in one area but not another when it comes to zombies.

Just different variations and imaginations of what zombies should be...I am ok with either.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I am not one of those that complain if the zombies are too fast or not. That does not bother me in the least.
Just like some films people say are zombie films but they are more Rage infected people vs being zombies. Just different imaginations of the living dead.

When the dead are walking and eating and can hear you, see you and smell you even though their eyes, ears and noses should all be rotted past the point of being viable...why accept they can do that with rotted organs or body parts but than get mad if some are fast and run with rotted muscles or body parts? It perplexes me when people will suspend their beliefs in one area but not another when it comes to zombies.

Just different variations and imaginations of what zombies should be...I am ok with either.

lol, I'm not mad, I'm just curious where you rank World War Z on your list of Zombie movies. I liked it and thought it was very intense, that scene in Israel was crazy

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol, I'm not mad, I'm just curious where you rank World War Z on your list of Zombie movies. I liked it and thought it was very intense, that scene in Israel was crazy

I did not hate it nor did I love it.
Kind of Meh with a few cool parts in it.

Kind of find it middle of the pack as far as a list of zombie movies...although to be fair I really don't have a top list in my mind. I just know there were many more I liked better and some that were just terrible even considering I know they are low budget and cheesy going in. However sometimes those low budget and cheesy ones have some good ideas in them, they just lack the funding to make them look realistic, get good directors or actors to finish the product. But I have also seen a few lower budget movies that the acting and directing have made the movie good even though the special effects are bad and in some cases very minimal.

World War Z is kind of the opposite IMO.
Plenty of money for CGI and effects. Big Name actors who did a good job.
But the story itself was a little disjointed with him trying to go from place to place so you did not get a good base of feeling towards a group of characters because they kept changing as he went to different places.
I thought the effects were killer when they were climbing the walls and taking over like a wild unstoppable number of ants invading...but I think the movies best parts were actually when they were in the World Health order building towards the end.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Dunkirk: 8/10

I saw this at a true 70mm IMAX, and it was definitely worth the extra cash. I'm a Nolan fanboy, I can admit it. I was thinking the movie was pretty blah until the last 45 minutes or so. I began to appreciate the character development and cinematography. There are some shots in this movie that no one has ever been able to do. I wish the story was a little better, but it was visually stunning. Zimmer's use of bass was a little annoying, but the musical score was pretty good overall.

My only gripe is the airplane glider scene. You'll know it when you see it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm partial, I'll admit it. The zombies already have an incredible advantage in numbers, if they could run too, forget about it, just shoot yourself.

As for World War Z? I liked it for what it was but thought it had the potential to be much more. To me, it was an OK movie centered around a few spectacular CGI mass zombie scenes that hadn't been done before.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I would not pay, again, to see Valerian.

Spiderman was excellent as was the Blonde movie. War of the Planet yada was unexpectedly good.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Tom Hardy runs out of gas and flies around for half an hour without an engine running at what seems like the speed of sound.

Was he in a glider? If not, thats what threw me off. I was wondering how the heck he kept flying and flying and flying but was a little thrown off by all the scenes changing from past to current to future and back, so it was hard to track time

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Was he in a glider? If not, thats what threw me off. I was wondering how the heck he kept flying and flying and flying but was a little thrown off by all the scenes changing from past to current to future and back, so it was hard to track time
No, it was just a fighter.