Rate the last movie you saw

Passepartout

Reaction score
Valerian to be a box office bomb as it cost $180M to make but only made less than $60M at the box office. Need to have the worldwide box office and that of in the DVD sales.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That was a great scene. Whatever not surprising you have poor taste.

Hahaha! Someone is bitter. I guess you and I disagreed about something related to football and that somehow translated into me having poor taste. Weird.

I enjoyed Dunkirk. I recommend it. Good movie. That one scene was not realistic and for me was comical. Nolan tries to make things as realistic as possible in his movies, so that made that scene even more comical to me. I am familiar with the Spitfire. Darn good plane. There are lots of websites that discuss that particular scene. It doesn't take away from the quality of the movie. You can't possibly agree with me that it is a good movie because I have poor taste. :)

mldardy

Reaction score
Hahaha! Someone is bitter. I guess you and I disagreed about something related to football and that somehow translated into me having poor taste. Weird.

I enjoyed Dunkirk. I recommend it. Good movie. That one scene was not realistic and for me was comical. Nolan tries to make things as realistic as possible in his movies, so that made that scene even more comical to me. I am familiar with the Spitfire. Darn good plane. There are lots of websites that discuss that particular scene. It doesn't take away from the quality of the movie. You can't possibly agree with me that it is a good movie because I have poor taste. :)
Bitter? LOL. No someone is right. That was one of the best scenes/sequences of the movie. Saying it was LOL moment comes off as smug. There was nothing LOL about that scene. That was like the last thing I would have done is laugh at that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
So we disagree about one scene and that makes me someone who is smug and has poor taste. Why can't it simply mean we just have different opinions about the scene?

When you say "Whatever not surprising you have poor taste", that certainly points towards bitterness about something I posted in the past. That isn't just saying we disagree. It says you are holding some sort of grudge. Of what I have no idea.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Bitter? LOL. No someone is right. That was one of the best scenes/sequences of the movie. Saying it was LOL moment comes off as smug. There was nothing LOL about that scene. That was like the last thing I would have done is laugh at that.
It was comically unrealistic, though. It's got to be some sort of symbolism, because there's plenty to critique.

mldardy

Reaction score
It was comically unrealistic, though. It's got to be some sort of symbolism, because there's plenty to critique.
So what, it's a movie. It was still one of the best scenes in the movie. When you go see a movie you always see unrealistic things it doesn't take away from the brilliance of the scene.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So what, it's a movie. It was still one of the best scenes in the movie. When you go see a movie you always see unrealistic things it doesn't take away from the brilliance of the scene.

It depends on the movie. In a movie that is based on historical events that is aiming for accuracy and realism...it definitely takes away from it.

I haven't seen Dunkirk yet, so I don't know if that is the case here.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Alien covenant 3/10
Why humans are stupid part 2.

See Alien for part 1. I gave alien 1/10*

*warning growing up in a military household seriously changes the way you view and rate films.

mldardy

Reaction score
It depends on the movie. In a movie that is based on historical events that is aiming for accuracy and realism...it definitely takes away from it.

I haven't seen Dunkirk yet, so I don't know if that is the case here.
Even if it's based on historical events directors take liberties. It's a movie for crying out loud. It's not a documentary. I don't mind that they altered things.

And I think you would really like the scene. It's a really cool moment in the movie.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Atomic blonde, love the 80's music and references. I had LOW expectations and they were greatly surpassed.

If you didn't grow up in the 80's or like that era's music and history, I'm curious to know how this movie grabs you

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really enjoyed Atomic blonde, love the 80's music and references. I had LOW expectations and they were greatly surpassed.

If you didn't grow up in the 80's or like that era's music and history, I'm curious to know how this movie grabs you

I love anything related to the 80's, will check this one out. Hot Tub Time Machine is one of my goto's when I need to go back to that era :laugh:

joseephuss

Reaction score

I agree. I also went in with low expectations. It was entertaining.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I love anything related to the 80's, will check this one out. Hot Tub Time Machine is one of my goto's when I need to go back to that era :laugh:

Ready Player One should also take people back to the 80s. The book certainly did. I wish they hadn't push the release date from this December to March of next year. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Hot Tub Time Machine was a fun movie.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I thought Hot Tub Time Machine really dropped the ball on 80's references, especially with the golden oppurtunity for Better Off Dead call backs.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I thought Hot Tub Time Machine really dropped the ball on 80's references, especially with the golden oppurtunity for Better Off Dead call backs.

They did have this reference.
5c1b7d9f-9e5f-4604-a6d0-8da41eb54c82_text_hi.gif

Preoccupied

Reaction score
35 minutes of purge election year was enough.
I should have kept my oath regarding not to watch this film when it first came out..... 0/10