Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Him...Bryan Cranston and Franco.

Best parts of the film are the Cato and clouseau rip off training sessions from Pink Panther. But I did laugh in different sections.
Not a movie I would buy though.

Up the Creek..cheesy 80's movies that was a notch below the average teen comedy. Kept wondering who sung the title song as they sounded familiar so I looked it up and it was Cheap Trick.

Best parts of the movie is some of the eye candy, the dog chuck and the title song...

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:banghead:,,,"THE STAND",,,er,,,HELLO?,,,:banghead:

o_O,,, there's no way anybody could've came close to present in Cinema with what the book tattooed on you,,,Randall Flagg/the walking dude,trashy trash can man burning old lady Simpies SS check and Lloyd henreid and Trask pulling armed robberies with a duffle bag of weed and smoking half of it while playing their 'game' to where they were" gonna have to sell a few light lids" to turn a profito_O,,, man! If Stephen King is being heaped with praise,,, best he be Crowned with his best first,,,;)
I'm betting against them ever trying to make movie out of the Stand after the apparent whiff of the Dark Tower. The DT series is my favorite mainly because of the call outs to so many other books and how it tied so much together( The King extended universe before there were extended universes). McConaughey was a great choice for Flagg (he's a main character in the DT as well) but they missed the mark, so sequels and related are less likely.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Recently watched "I saw the Devil" again ...and still loved it as much as when I first saw it.
One of, if not the, best Korean thriller/action movies out there. I think I like it better than Old Boy which is saying a good deal.

Love it.

mldardy

Reaction score
Recently watched "I saw the Devil" again ...and still loved it as much as when I first saw it.
One of, if not the, best Korean thriller/action movies out there. I think I like it better than Old Boy which is saying a good deal.

Love it.
Interesting because I love Oldboy and haven't seen I Saw The Devil yet. Heard good things about it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm betting against them ever trying to make movie out of the Stand after the apparent whiff of the Dark Tower. The DT series is my favorite mainly because of the call outs to so many other books and how it tied so much together( The King extended universe before there were extended universes). McConaughey was a great choice for Flagg (he's a main character in the DT as well) but they missed the mark, so sequels and related are less likely.

I knew from the preview that the DT movie was going to be nothing like the series. Looks like they tried to make it an action movie or something. Never going to watch it bc I loved the books.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Saw a couple of Denis Villeneuve movies last weekend. Sicario and Prisoners, man... have to see what he did with Blade Runner.

Prisoners was ... intense.

mldardy

Reaction score
Saw a couple of Denis Villeneuve movies last weekend. Sicario and Prisoners, man... have to see what he did with Blade Runner.

Prisoners was ... intense.
Very good movies both of them. I like Sicario a little bit more but both very good. The only other movie of his that I've seen Arrival, I was not a big fan of.

Dodger12

Reaction score
The 30 for 30 on Tommy Morrison was a good watch, albeit sad. You can see the whole thing online at the link below (don't know for how long):

Great call Yimy. I had it recorded on my DVR but hadn't watched it yet until tonight after I read your post. I had almost forgotten about him and didn't even know he passed away just recently. Tragic story and AIDS was a huge concern growing up in the 80's. You almost don't even hear about it any more and the guy could have had a successful career after boxing if he could have/would have stayed on his meds. What a wasted life.

Oh, and his last wife was certifiable.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Great call Yimy. I had it recorded on my DVR but hadn't watched it yet until tonight after I read your post. I had almost forgotten about him and didn't even know he passed away just recently. Tragic story and AIDS was a huge concern growing up in the 80's. You almost don't even hear about it any more and the guy could have had a successful career after boxing if he could have/would have stayed on his meds. What a wasted life.

Oh, and his last wife was certifiable.
was and still is, such a sad demise
I adored this 30 for 30.

So good. So tragic.

They didn't spend enough time on his last wife. That psycho.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Spiderman Homecoming. I thought it was OK, I didn't really like how young they made him seem and thought they focused on the suite too much. 6/10. Sam Raimi's vision remains the benchmark.

Gerald's Game (Netflix) - Never read the book, but thought this was a pretty decent, concise movie. 7/10.