Rate the last movie you saw

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jumangi - Welcome to the Jungle

8.5/10
Wife and I took our 8 yr old daughter. We all loved it. Wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Solid movie all the way throught.

Took my nieces to see it this weekend, thought it was pretty good. They really liked it as well.

mldardy

Reaction score
Law Abiding Citizen with Gerard Butler. It was excellent and not sure how I never heard of this gem. It has hints of "Seven" in it too. Well worth the watch.
Yeah i liked it too. Saw it when it came out in the theaters. Very interesting movie, keeps you interested throughout.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
BladeRunner 2049 I was a big fan of the original and like many have been waiting eagerly for a sequel. This movie was a disappointment at every level. Ryan Gosling was a poor choice, the guy needs to stick to romance movies for his fan girls, he just isn't suited for this. For a good chunk of the movie they felt compelled to show him as sensitive and caring with his weird affection for what basically was an Amazon Echo. Even as a replicant Bladerunner, he's sensitive and in touch with his feelings o_O

The story was bad and the movie really didn't have any of what made the first one so great. I really was hoping to see more of the gritty, futuristic cityscape. It seemed like a poor effort at a sequel for what was such an iconic sci-fi movie. 3/10

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Insidious Chapter 4 : 4/10. Really disappointing. I liked the franchise, but this one sucked. BONUS, I got to see it for free. I bought the tickets with my AMC app, there was no one scanning/tearing tickets, so my wife and I walked in. I requested a refund and got it. Borderline unethical, but not my fault that they can't staff a metropolitan theater on a Saturday evening.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All on netflix

Mudbound - just sloe and depressing. Just was nor in the mood for something so slow. Only got half way through. Might try to finish it later.

Happy Hunting - crazy western town in middle of nowhere picks an unruly citizen and some questionable people passing through for their annual hunt. And the people are the prey.
It is comically amazing how much one guy takes to get away from the hunters. Pretty bad movie.. Might be better if drunk lol

Before I Wake - A couple who lost a child decides to adopt a young boy. Things seems to go well j till the young boy starts dreaming.

This is one of those movies that you never heard of but turns out to be pretty good. It was a nice surprise.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
All on netflix

Mudbound - just sloe and depressing. Just was nor in the mood for something so slow. Only got half way through. Might try to finish it later.

Happy Hunting - crazy western town in middle of nowhere picks an unruly citizen and some questionable people passing through for their annual hunt. And the people are the prey.
It is comically amazing how much one guy takes to get away from the hunters. Pretty bad movie.. Might be better if drunk lol

Before I Wake - A couple who lost a child decides to adopt a young boy. Things seems to go well j till the young boy starts dreaming.

This is one of those movies that you never heard of but turns out to be pretty good. It was a nice surprise.

Mudbound is slow, but the last 20 minutes or so has a huge payoff.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
BladeRunner 2049 I was a big fan of the original and like many have been waiting eagerly for a sequel. This movie was a disappointment at every level. Ryan Gosling was a poor choice, the guy needs to stick to romance movies for his fan girls, he just isn't suited for this. For a good chunk of the movie they felt compelled to show him as sensitive and caring with his weird affection for what basically was an Amazon Echo. Even as a replicant Bladerunner, he's sensitive and in touch with his feelings o_O

The story was bad and the movie really didn't have any of what made the first one so great. I really was hoping to see more of the gritty, futuristic cityscape. It seemed like a poor effort at a sequel for what was such an iconic sci-fi movie. 3/10

As someone who has absolutely hated the first one, this gives me high hopes for 2049.

mldardy

Reaction score
All on netflix

You should at some point. It's one of my favorites of 2017

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Law Abiding Citizen with Gerard Butler. It was excellent and not sure how I never heard of this gem. It has hints of "Seven" in it too. Well worth the watch.

Oh good one. I was hoping this was the movie that launched Butler into A-List territory, however it didn't happen.

Great movie...he and Foxx had excellent chemistry.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Glass House - I'm not fooled by your story that spends the entire movie showing me how bad of a father a guy is and then tries to show a couple moments that tries to tell me he's kinda good./10.

Amityville: The Awakening - Why bother with something so generic?/10.

Detroit - Propaganda/10.

American Assassin - How you go and be so dull and uninteresting with that much quality action?/10

Logan Lucky - Soderbergh isn't what he used to be./10

Ingrid Goes West - o_O/10

Cars 3 - :banghead:/10

Girls Trip - :facepalm:/10

mldardy

Reaction score
The Glass House - I'm not fooled by your story that spends the entire movie showing me how bad of a father a guy is and then tries to show a couple moments that tries to tell me he's kinda good./10.

Amityville: The Awakening - Why bother with something so generic?/10.

Detroit - Propaganda/10.

American Assassin - How you go and be so dull and uninteresting with that much quality action?/10

Logan Lucky - Soderbergh isn't what he used to be./10

Ingrid Goes West - o_O/10

Cars 3 - :banghead:/10

Girls Trip - :facepalm:/10
Damn you don't like anything do you?:laugh: I actually like Ingrid Goes West and Logan Lucky. Detroit was ok.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Damn you don't like anything do you?:laugh: I actually like Ingrid Goes West and Logan Lucky. Detroit was ok.

These weren't my most anticipated of the year, but what I got most recently from Netflix. I was expecting to like Logan Lucky a bit more, though.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
Knock Knock

Reminded me of a female take on Funny Games, very typical Eli Roth movie. Would watch again

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I just watched The Foreigner with Jackie Chan. It was entertaining, not one of his over the top action/comedy movies that he normally does. He plays an aging Chinese immigrant and his daughter is killed during a terrorist bombing in London by a fringe IRA faction. Dismissed as just another old man, he uses his certain set of skills to pressure an Irish member of Parliament, played by Pierce Brosnan, to find him the names involved with the bombing. Chan is getting up in age, but he still has it. 7.5/10