Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, big fan of Martin Freeman. Could have been much better.

That is why...Freeman.
Although to be fair after seeing freeman in big roles like Sherlock and The Hobbit series.

It is funny to go back and see him in older movies where you watched at the time and did not know who he was but see him now.

Played the white beat box friend of Ali G in the Ali G in da house movie.

Or as Shauns doppleganger of sorts in Shaun of the dead

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Masterminds - Z.Galifinakis (sp?), Kristen Wig, Kate McKinnon and Owen Wilson. Z is a loomis fargo truck driver. A group of other people get him to steal the money they keep in a warehouse ($17 million). He does and they send him to Mexico to hide with the ruse that someone will join him later with a big cut of the money but instead they keep the money and try to turn him in. Comedy with a few laughs here and there but mostly stupid. However it turned out it was based on a true story but I have to believe they took a very big liberty with the writing of it. Might be worth a laugh if you just want some cheap laughs.

Father of the Year - David Spade is a drunk worthless father of one boy. That boy has a friend who has a father that is a wimp and his wife and her little boy run all over him. The two boys are talking about whos dad could beat up whos. So next thing you know the one drunk guy goes to fight the wimpy guy. Basic Adam Sandler movie (he is not in the movie) David Spade even sounds like Sandler in some of sandler movies. So if you like some of his movies and spade you will think this one is ok with some funny scenes (when the dad and son get high on Molly it was cracking me up). If you don't like David Spade and or Sandler type movies...doubt you will like this one.
I watched FotY, and it started off pretty funny, and as you mentioned, the part where they were high was funny, but overall, it just kinda leveled off to a background movie....Oh, and the girl was adorable, a ND a very good comedic actor.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp_poster.jpg

Just saw Ant-Man and the Wasp, finally!

I enjoyed it more than the original. If you were a fan of that one, I think you will enjoy this one even more. It builds on the history and the characters and adds layers of depth as the actors are more comfortable in their roles. A much-needed, vert funny, lighthearted film after Avengers: Infinity War.

8.5/10

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I just saw Eighth Grade with my son. Such a smart, well-made movie. Teared up during a scene with the father and daughter (protagonist of the film).

Sicario 2 was a disappointment. All action, vs the psychological thriller that made the first one incredible.

Recently watched You’ve Got Mail and Garden State. Both still hold up for what they are

I'm starting to think I might like Sicario 2 a lot more with all the people that like the first one being disappointed. Not that all actions sounds great, but I thought the first one was kind of an unintelligent tease.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Watched Coco last night. Nothing bad about it. Nothing all that great either. Pretty paint by the numbers.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm starting to think I might like Sicario 2 a lot more with all the people that like the first one being disappointed. Not that all actions sounds great, but I thought the first one was kind of an unintelligent tease.
Mmkay. I completely disagree with you. Like, 100%. I can't even fathom how you arrived to that conclusion. "Unintelligent tease" Do tell.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the first one was terrific and well acted but I kept waiting for Benicio Del Toro to pull out a 6 pack of Heineken.

They really did a good job of building dread through music and that opening was phenomenal for stage setting.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I thought the first one was terrific and well acted but I kept waiting for Benicio Del Toro to pull out a 6 pack of Heineken.

They really did a good job of building dread through music and that opening was phenomenal for stage setting.
That opening scene, migosh. And the tension throughout the film, the way the director built it up as a story for Blunt to save the day, only for Del Toro's character to crush her dreams. It was superb. Incredible filmmaking.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just re-watched two of Helen Mirren's, "The Debt" and "Eye in the Sky". The latter one is an interesting premise of morality and just what is considered expendable? She's an excellent actor.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Just re-watched two of Helen Mirren's, "The Debt" and "Eye in the Sky". The latter one is an interesting premise of morality and just what is considered expendable? She's an excellent actor.
She is an excellent actor, The Debt was really good, great almost. Eye in the Sky was okay. I do like Aaron Paul.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My kid would disagree. She's on watch number 30 lol.

My family loves it too. Especially my wife. She'll watch it by herself! I enjoyed it quite a bit too. I liked the look into family and the day of the dead celebration of previous generations, a beautiful thing. And the twist was quite inventive I thought, the opposite of paint by numbers for me.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Mmkay. I completely disagree with you. Like, 100%. I can't even fathom how you arrived to that conclusion. "Unintelligent tease" Do tell.

Blunt's character was incredibly naive in a very unrealistic way. There's no way someone in her position would be like that. And her character was pointless really.

It was a tease because it kept trying to build tension and then nothing. By the end of the movie I just didn't care anymore and any attempts to build tension again were fruitless.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
My kid would disagree. She's on watch number 30 lol.

My stepdaughter just finished her second marathon of all 13 (or the 12 available on Netflix) seasons of "Criminal Minds" early on Monday. I came home yesterday to see her halfway through season 1 again.

Kids, man.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Blunt's character was incredibly naive in a very unrealistic way. There's no way someone in her position would be like that. And her character was pointless really.

It was a tease because it kept trying to build tension and then nothing. By the end of the movie I just didn't care anymore and any attempts to build tension again were fruitless.
I think the film went over your head, bruh. Blunt's character, a normal "joe" FBI agent is getting reeled in by Delta Force//CIA as a pawn to allow them to go into a "war" they shouldn't be involved in.

She was a pawn the whole movie. The film, the whole entire film is tension, as we root for Blunt to break through to these commandos stonewalling her, only for her to fail. And as CC said, the almost Trent Rezner dread in the music is reminiscent of Gone Girl. Just utter dread in it's bass undertones.

Expert cinematography, direction, editting. Yeah. Ya lost me, holmes. Lol

Go watch the second one, it'll be more your speed/what you want, me thinks. (Hell, you even said it)

Sicario 2 -- Bang bang, pew pew... you'll get your fill, in LOTSA OMIGOSH action, there, buddy -- as they fail utterly at creating the scope, dread, anxiety, tension, characters, story of the first. Completely rushed story that falls flat, and appeals to those with short attention spans that want their socks blown off. Almost like a dumbed down Man on Fire. Way, way dumbed down.

Have fun :thumbup:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the film went over your head, bruh. Blunt's character, a normal "joe" FBI agent is getting reeled in by Delta Force//CIA as a pawn to allow them to go into a "war" they shouldn't be involved in.

She was a pawn the whole movie. The film, the whole entire film is tension, as we root for Blunt to break through to these commandos stonewalling her, only for her to fail. And as CC said, the almost Trent Rezner dread in the music is reminiscent of Gone Girl. Just utter dread in it's bass undertones.

Go watch the second one, it'll be more your speed/what you want, me thinks. (Hell, you even said it)

Sicario 2 -- Bang bang, pew pew... you'll get your fill, in LOTSA OMIGOSH action, there, buddy -- as they fail utterly at creating the scope, dread, anxiety, tension, characters, story of the first. Completely rushed story that falls flat, and appeals to those with short attention spans that want their socks blown off. Almost like a dumbed down Man on Fire. Way, way dumbed down.

Wow, you take your movie reviews personally! lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Oh no, I got all of what they were trying to do. It just completely failed to work for me.

It they fail at creating anxiety, and tension, then the 2nd will suck too. Those are important things. The first actually built tension well at first, but did nothing with it, and lost me. Fool me once, shame on them, but that's all it was, rinse and repeat.