Rate the last movie you saw

GMO415

Reaction score
I am bias because I liked the original cartoon more than the current one this movie is based on. My nine year old granddaughter thinks the new series is hilarious and does not understand both why her PawPaw thinks the show is crap or that told her I would not take her to see the movie.

I am a bad old PawPaw. :(

oh well. She will get over it. Eventually. :D
I've never seen any Teen Titans before .At the the end they showed a preview of a more adult looking version that looked bad arse

kskboys

Reaction score
Saw the new Overboard last night and loved it. Well done for a remake.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Spy Who Dumped Me - 4/10:
Well, this was bad.

Dumb, predictable, and unfunny. Not to mention way too long. The only thing it had going for it was the surprisingly well done action.

They need to stop trying to make McKinnon a thing. Her "let's say something really off the wall all the time even though only 1 out of 25 or so is mildly humorous" act doesn't work.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Spy Who Dumped Me - 4/10:
Well, this was bad.

Dumb, predictable, and unfunny. Not to mention way too long. The only thing it had going for it was the surprisingly well done action.

They need to stop trying to make McKinnon a thing. Her "let's say something really off the wall all the time even though only 1 out of 25 or so is mildly humorous" act doesn't work.
That's a shame. The two of them seem like a good pairing. I agree with you about Kate McKinnon. She's a very talented comedian, but she needs to expand her repertoire.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a shame. The two of them seem like a good pairing. I agree with you about Kate McKinnon. She's a very talented comedian, but she needs to expand her repertoire.
They can't figure out what to do with her. Her magic is the impersonations that she does on SNL, her Hillary and Sessions are hilarious but she needs to be a character, not herself.

They should try what they did with Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor and allow her to do what she does best, channel characters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, not a movie, but I wasn't about to start a thread for Netflix specials - But I just finished watching Eliza Shlesinger's Netflix special, and it's pretty good. She's gotten much better at her delivery since the last time I saw her, and she's pretty easy on the eyes too. As stand up specials go, I'd give it a 7.5.
At first I liked her but her act has gotten old, watch Amy Madigan, I would love to sit on a barstool next to her.

She's tight with Lewis Black, who also has the same act but I haven't tired of that. That's my problem with Gaffigan, that muttering under his breath channeling the audience.

My favorite two now are Bill Burr and Tom Segura. Burr makes me rewind often during his standup and more than any I've watched recently, he really feeds off the crowd and is responsive to what they're laughing at.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last good movie I watched was a re-watch of one I haven't watched in a long time, The Green Mile. I had forgotten just how well acted and written it was and how long, 3 hours. But they did an excellent job of not making it seem that long in a drama with little action.

One of my favorite actors is David Morse. Discovered him and Denzel on St. Elsewhere and have been a fan of their work ever since. If you want to catch a good couple of "people movies" with David Morse, I recommend The Crossing Guard, also Nicholson's best I've seen and my favorite people movie of all time, Inside Moves. Highly recommend this movie if you are feeling down or not good about yourself or your situation because it's all about how broken people fix each other. It has never failed to pick me up when I needed it.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At first I liked her but her act has gotten old, watch Amy Madigan, I would love to sit on a barstool next to her.

She's tight with Lewis Black, who also has the same act but I haven't tired of that. That's my problem with Gaffigan, that muttering under his breath channeling the audience.

My favorite two now are Bill Burr and Tom Segura. Burr makes me rewind often during his standup and more than any I've watched recently, he really feeds off the crowd and is responsive to what they're laughing at.
I like Bill Burr. I'm also a big fan of Brian Regan, even though I don't usually like that type of over the top silly voice comedy. He's perfected the use of irony, exaggeration, and imagination. He never fails to make me laugh out loud.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree with your take on Amy Madigan to, but my biggest issue with her is that she laughs way too much at her own jokes. Gaffigan has great jokes, if he'd lighten up with the muttering. I wouldn't mind it if he didn't do it so often.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with your take on Amy Madigan to, but my biggest issue with her is that she laughs way too much at her own jokes. Gaffigan has great jokes, if he'd lighten up with the muttering. I wouldn't mind it if he didn't do it so often.
Same here because he's a really funny guy but that part of his act gets really old fast. I stopped watching the last one after 5 minutes because that was all he was doing. I agree, with less of that, it would be more effective.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Bill Burr. I'm also a big fan of Brian Regan, even though I don't usually like that type of over the top silly voice comedy. He's perfected the use of irony, exaggeration, and imagination. He never fails to make me laugh out loud.
I like him too. But I don't get how some of those stand ups even get booked.

My least favorite thing about the specials on Amazon and Netflix are the standing ovations before the act and too much applause, as if the sign is lit. It all seems too staged to me.

My favorite crowd shots are the wider ones when you can see some people not even smiling. I assume they're with someone that wanted to go and they're not a fan and not going to have fun. Hell, when I used to go to the Improv in NYC with a bud, because he kept trying to convince me to go into stand up because he thought I was funny, I went prepared and ready to laugh.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Love Burr.