Rate the last movie you saw

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Saw the new Overboard last night and loved it. Well done for a remake.

My jaw is on the floor. I thought that was the most useless remake in the history of remakes. Not funny, no chemistry, scenes and dialogue ripped directly from the original. Just awful.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murder on the Orient Express - Maybe it was because I was tired when I watched it (shocker I know), but frankly I found it rather slow and meh.
The acting was good and it was hard to belittle the movie as a whole, just seems like it was not my cup of tea.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Murder on the Orient Express - Maybe it was because I was tired when I watched it (shocker I know), but frankly I found it rather slow and meh.
The acting was good and it was hard to belittle the movie as a whole, just seems like it was not my cup of tea.

I tried twice, couldn't make it past the first 45 minutes.

jsb357

Reaction score
Murder on the Orient Express -

just seems like it was not my cup of tea.

Something in a movie has to be really bad for me to have no desire to re-watch it.

Can't say it it's the direction, acting, or story line.

Just as a reference, I've seen Waterworld several times.

I will not make any deliberate attempt to watch
Murder on the Orient Express again.

3 of 10

blindzebra

Reaction score
Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow, solid SyFy, but the ending was forced and seemed tacked on...like test audiences did not like a somber ending, so let's make it happy 6.5/10
The Meg, well it was the best of the new shark movies...not saying much...seemed to be caught between action/drama and campy and never really succeeded in either. The obvious nods to Jaws was kind of cool but overall it won't be keeping anyone from swimming.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved the.movie Deep Blue Sea a few years ago. It was one of those movies I had not heard about and ending up really liking.

However syfy channel and Deep Blue Sea 2. As good as and as much I liked the first... It was opposite for the second.

I get that it was lower budget and all but it just was so bad.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Loved the.movie Deep Blue Sea a few years ago. It was one of those movies I had not heard about and ending up really liking.

However syfy channel and Deep Blue Sea 2. As good as and as much I liked the first... It was opposite for the second.

What I don't get is the Sharknado phenomenon.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I don't get is the Sharknado phenomenon.

You have to appreciate the humor and campiness... If that does not work get drunk or other mind altering.condition.

Kind of like pink Floyd's the wall. Movie.. . If sober the music is good but the rest is a hodge podge of what did I just watch....however in a different state of mind it is some wicked trippy stuff and for some people, years later, the hammers are still marching after them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have to appreciate the humor and campiness... If that does not work get drunk or other mind altering.condition.

Kind of like pink Floyd's the wall. Movie.. . If sober the music is good but the rest is a hodge podge of what did I just watch....however in a different state of mind it is some wicked trippy stuff and for some people, years later, the hammers are still marching after them.
I can only take so much campiness. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is right on the edge of my tolerance. (Love that show, BTW)

sulu1701

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew from the commercials it was going to be bad.
This new one, Skyscraper, I think it is, looks equally bad, but at least it might have some comedic breaks, a la Die Hard.

Ooh! That's a good one for your movie series thread, if it hasn't been said yet!
From the previews, Skyscraper looks like a cross between Die Hard and Towering Inferno

blindzebra

Reaction score

The Meg borrowed a lot from Deep Blue Sea too. When I said new shark movies I was referring to The Shallows (Bad), 47 Meters Down (Awful), Deep Blue Sea 2 (Beyond awful).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good thing we didn't watch it together, neither would have been awake to tell the other to go to bed. Bored the hell out of me and I gave up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched 3 Billboards last night and while I liked the idea of it because it was different, it just didn't resonate with me. I wouldn't watch it again although Sam Rockwell was good in it and stole the show for me. I don't know about Frances McDormand, she just seemed to be herself with that same lost dog expression.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something in a movie has to be really bad for me to have no desire to re-watch it.

Can't say it it's the direction, acting, or story line.

Just as a reference, I've seen Waterworld several times.

I will not make any deliberate attempt to watch
Murder on the Orient Express again.

3 of 10
You are far too kind, it dropped from 2 to 1 right before I stopped the masochism.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
3:10 to Yuma, I liked it because it was different, not your canned plot. A few unrealistic scenes, like most gun fights. Overall, kept my interest. 6.42 out of 10

sulu1701

Reaction score
I saw the movie A Quiet Place, it was a very interesting concept being that most of the movie had no speaking dialogue, and I was also intrigued by the fact that most of the movie was filmed in my area, from what I've read, they are planning a sequel

Kevinicus

Reaction score
8th Grade: Not sure what to make of this. Not really a compelling movie or all that interesting, but it's a little hard to stop watching. It's kind of like watching a train wreck. The main character is just so socially awkward and you just sit there cringing at what she does. The "story" doesn't really go anywhere for the most part. It's just watching that wreck for 90 minutes. There's a little "closure" or character progression at the end, but it's fairly minimal.