Peter Rabbit
Life of the Party
Happytime Murders
God's Not Dead (the 3rd one)
Acrimony
Phantom Thread
Tully
Unbroken

I recently saw these movies. I won't rate them because I am no longer sure what opinions I am allowed to have here.

morasp

Reaction score
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. 9/10. I liked this movie better than the latest Bond movie S.P.E.C.T.R.E. which just seemed dark and depressing. Uncle had just the right amount of action and comedy relief.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Searching
Kin
Beast of Burden
Truth or Dare
Unsane
Peter Rabbit
Life of the Party
Happytime Murders
God's Not Dead (the 3rd one)
Acrimony
Phantom Thread
Tully
Unbroken

I recently saw these movies. I won't rate them because I am no longer sure what opinions I am allowed to have here.
If we want you to have an opinion, we will give it to you:cool:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I also saw recently:

Borg vs. McEnroe
Terminal
Gringo
Hostiles
Paddington 2
I Can Only Imagine
Red Sparrow
Paul, the Apostle of Christ
Blockers
Molly's Game
Just Getting Started
Roman J. Israel, Esq.
Fifty Shades Freed
The Hurricane Heist
The 15:17 to Paris

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The new Papillon. Why? What’s the point? It’s a bunch of 2018 modern men,looking like 2018 modern men,in a typical commercial tough guy fight flick. It’s not funny,layered,and I don’t even buy they’re in French Guiana. The original was soooo much better. The people were weathered,dirty,stinky,and humid looking. And the isolation prison scene? Are you kidding me? McQueen sold you on losing his mind and aging 10yrs in that dump of a nightmare. They just breeeezed through that whole brilliant sequence in the new one. Gosh,I loved watching the crocodile scene with McQueen and Hoffman and catching butterflies....hilarious stuff. And where’s the gritty old fun characters in the new one? There is none. Cold,sterile,and linear.
Grade F for “Failure”.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The new Papillon. Why? What’s the point? It’s a bunch of 2018 modern men,looking like 2018 modern men,in a typical commercial tough guy fight flick. It’s not funny,layered,and I don’t even buy they’re in French Guiana. The original was soooo much better. The people were weathered,dirty,stinky,and humid looking. And the isolation prison scene? Are you kidding me? McQueen sold you on losing his mind and aging 10yrs in that dump of a nightmare. They just breeeezed through that whole brilliant sequence in the new one. Gosh,I loved watching the crocodile scene with McQueen and Hoffman and catching butterflies....hilarious stuff. And where’s the gritty old fun characters in the new one? There is none. Cold,sterile,and linear.
Grade F for “Failure”.
I haven't seen it, but what you describe is pretty much what I'd expect. I think Hollywood feels like today's audiences can't handle reality......and they may be right.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grade F for “Failure”.
I LOVE this review! :laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Panther - One of the better marvel movies, similar to Captain America. Still like Avengers Infinity Wars better.

Ghost Ship - Saw a couple of movies on sale on Google Play so I bought them. This was one of the two movies. Really like this movie as it IMO is underrated. I love how they make the opening scene in the movie look harmless and fancy, my wife even started saying the opening with the music and pink fancy fonts looked girly...and then bang something happens while people are dancing (won't ruin it for those who have not seen it). From that point on I like the movie. Liked the ending and just enjoyed it for what it was. Kind of a horror thriller type movie although not really scary.

Bad Boys - This was the other movie I got on sale. No not the will smith martin lawrence cop buddy Bad Boys movies. This is Bad Boys with a young Sean Penn and also has a young Clancy Brown (if you don't know that name, look it up and you will know who it is). The movie has it's warts but I still think it is a great movie. Have always loved it. If you have not seen it and can watch older movies (this one feels really dated)...give it a try.

Breaking in - Probably more for the wife or girlfriend movie but ok enough to watch with her. It's not bad...similar to Panic Room with Jodie Foster IIRC. Woman and her children are in a house. Bad guys want to break into the house to steal some money. She has to protect her kids inside and outside of the house.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad Boys - This was the other movie I got on sale. No not the will smith martin lawrence cop buddy Bad Boys movies. This is Bad Boys with a young Sean Penn and also has a young Clancy Brown (if you don't know that name, look it up and you will know who it is). The movie has it's warts but I still think it is a great movie. Have always loved it. If you have not seen it and can watch older movies (this one feels really dated)...give it a try.
I would highly recommend this one also. Esai Morales is very good in it too. I really thought his career would blow up at the time.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but what you describe is pretty much what I'd expect. I think Hollywood feels like today's audiences can't handle reality......and they may be right.
They can handle it and want it. You make movies like Saving Private Ryan,Oh Brother Where Art Thou? ect,people love it. I think producers were totally out of touch on this film. I needed my actors and director to go that extra mile for my cheap entertainment! “On this production you’re not allowed to shower,wash your socks and underwear,there’s no toilet paper,your choices of food and beverage is chicken broth,tap water or rum,and I’d like you all to get a slight case of syphilis and heat stroke..and really settle in to the character of the place.”

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They can handle it and want it. You make movies like Saving Private Ryan,Oh Brother Where Art Thou? ect,people love it. I think producers were totally out of touch on this film. I needed my actors and director to go that extra mile for my cheap entertainment! “On this production you’re not allowed to shower,wash your socks and underwear,there’s no toilet paper,your choices of food and beverage is chicken broth,tap water or rum,and I’d like you all to get a slight case of syphilis and heat stroke..and really settle in to the character of the place.”
Those movies you just mentioned catered to a different generation. Movies today seem to be geared toward millennials, and you know how everything has to be softened up for millennials.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Those movies you just mentioned catered to a different generation. Movies today seem to be geared toward millennials, and you know how everything has to be softened up for millennials.
Granted generations change,but I think they love those movies as much as the next guy. They just aren’t exposed as much because everything is a superhero flick,a horror flick,a raunchy comedy,animated movie ect. You’d be surprised Runwild how many times I was at the bar and all these kids break out into a chorus of “Rosanna! Rosanna!” or mentioning lines from Tombstone. Loool For real,they really like a lot of things we think they don’t.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a young guy on one of my crews just about five years ago who had never heard of Steve McQueen.

It made me very sad.
wow. McQueen would likely be the first in a long list of Hollywood greats he would not have a clue existed.

Lots of people, young and old, should subscribe to networks like Turner Classic Movies. Yes. The typical response to that suggestion would be something like 'That's old and holds no interest for me'. I have heard that plenty of times. :rolleyes: That is equally sad to not knowing movie star legends like McQueen because tons of entertainment can be found that was created decades before people were born. Lots of good stuff will never be appreciated by newer generations of audiences simply because it is ignored.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
wow. McQueen would likely be the first in a long list of Hollywood greats he would not have a clue existed.

Lots of people, young and old, should subscribe to networks like Turner Classic Movies. Yes. The typical response to that suggestion would be something like 'That's old and holds no interest for me'. I have heard that plenty of times. :rolleyes: That is equally sad to not knowing movie star legends like McQueen because tons of entertainment can be found that was created decades before people were born. Lots of good stuff will never be appreciated by newer generations of audiences simply because it is ignored.

Can't give you enough likes for this one buddy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I have nieces who refuse to listen to any classic rock, because it's "old".

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have nieces who refuse to listen to any classic rock, because it's "old".
I understand watching or listening to something and then deciding whether it is good, bad, etc. "Just ignoring something because you think you do not like it?" I call those folks Mikey because they hate everything. :muttley: