Rate the last movie you saw

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Amélie -‘01 French film I’ve been wanting to see for awhile,finally got around to it.....hilarious. Great stuff.
Great film.
Try Delicatessen. Same Writer/Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
I even like his work on Aliens 4...

OH! Definitely check out Micmacs! Superior film!

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Great film.
Try Delicatessen. Same Writer/Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
I even like his work on Aliens 4...

OH! Definitely check out Micmacs! Superior film!
I wish the sub titles matched the lines quicker...or better yet,I knew the language. I don’t think I’ll like those ones though.

Corso

Reaction score
It’s not my taste. Like humorous French films.
You would be wise to listen to me. I know my stuff and I get what you enjoy.
Delicatessen and Micmacs.

Micmacs first.

You'll be doing yourself a favor.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Which they are...
Why do they list it as fantasy crime? I watched the trailer for delicatessen and yeah,that looks comedy. City of Lost Children has that Brazil steampunk thing going on. Then they list Micmacs as action crime,and I watch the trailer and it looks funny!! They got the genre classifications wrong.

Corso

Reaction score
Why do they list it as fantasy crime? I watched the trailer for delicatessen and yeah,that looks comedy. City of Lost Children has that Brazil steampunk thing going on. Then they list Micmacs as action crime,and I watch the trailer and it looks funny!! They got the genre classifications wrong.
Please... trust me.
You will love all of them.

I promise.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I watched the first half of Black Panther.
On par with 1999's The Mummy.
I guess we think that stuff is great now...

huh.

I wasn't crazy about Black Panther either. I would've liked it better if it was a "stand alone" movie, and wasn't part of the Marvel universe.

I didn’t think it was Mummy bad, but I was expecting some groundbreaking stuff based off of the hype it initially got. I was expecting The Dark Knight levels of superhero badassness based off of what I was seeing and hearing. I left the theater disappointed.

I just rewatched it, and I think it was entertaining, and I don’t wanna drag race into it, but I think that finally having an awesome black superhero is overdue, especially for young boys to look up to; kids all do now. In that way, I think it did its job exceptionally well. I’m glad the movie was made.

But as far as quality goes? I’ve seen better superhero movies in the Marvel universe. The CGI was great, I think Chadwick played a good lead role, and it had some cool battle scenes, and that cool car chase at the start. I think the concept of it taking place in somewhere dope like Africa instead of another generic New York or Hollywood super hero is cool too. And I think Kendrick Lamar nailed the soundtrack. The concept was unique, but it could have been better.

That’s all it did for me. 5.5/10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t think it was Mummy bad, but I was expecting some groundbreaking stuff based off of the hype it initially got. I was expecting The Dark Knight levels of superhero badassness based off of what I was seeing and hearing. I left the theater disappointed.

I just rewatched it, and I think it was entertaining, and I don’t wanna drag race into it, but I think that finally having an awesome black superhero is overdue, especially for young boys to look up to; kids all do now. In that way, I think it did its job exceptionally well. I’m glad the movie was made.

But as far as quality goes? I’ve seen better superhero movies in the Marvel universe. The CGI was great, I think Chadwick played a good lead role, and it had some cool battle scenes, and that cool car chase at the start. I think the concept of it taking place in somewhere dope like Africa instead of another generic New York or Hollywood super hero is cool too. And I think Kendrick Lamar nailed the soundtrack. The concept was unique, but it could have been better.

That’s all it did for me. 5.5/10.
Kendrick Lamar!!!! No wonder I didn't like it! :laugh: