Rate the last movie you saw

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I recently watched Solo: A Star Wars Story. It's mostly a forgettable movie, but as a Star Wars fan I appreciated the references to prior films. Overall I enjoyed it for what it was, a popcorn-flick. :popcorn:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I recently watched Solo: A Star Wars Story. It's mostly a forgettable movie, but as a Star Wars fan I appreciated the references to prior films. Overall I enjoyed it for what it was, a popcorn-flick. :popcorn:

I just bought it (still can't believe I missed it in theaters!) and plan to watch it tonight.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what the franchise is so that's OK by me. Star Wars, all of them, are a lot better when I turn off the critic in me and just enjoy them for what they are.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick question about Black Panther...does anyone else find it slow at the beginning? Maybe it was because I tried watching it late at night, but I couldn't make it passed the first 15 minutes. Plan on giving it another shot, but wondered if others had the same opinion.
Yep, I thought it was OK and didn't get what all of the hoopla was over. There are some Marvel movies that I will watch over but this is not one of them and am glad it was free on Netflix.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Delirium on Netflix (5/10)
Not a bad plot for a horror movie, but needed a better twist at the end. A guy is let out of the psych ward after serving 20 years for being an accomplice to a murder his brother committed while they were teenagers. Has to serve house arrest for 30 days in the mansion his father recently committed suicide in and is a schizophrenic. Good acting by that 70's show actor (Eric), but the ending fell flat. I thought Eric was the two brothers til the very end.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2018&p=.htm

2018 Top Domestic Grossing Movies (to date)

1. Black Panther
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Incredibles 2
4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
5. Deadpool 2
6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
7. Ant-Man and the Wasp
8. Solo: A Star Wars Story
9. A Quiet Place
10. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
11. Crazy Rich Asians
12. The Meg
13. Ocean's 8
14. Ready Player One
15. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
16. Peter Rabbit
17. The Equalizer 2
18. The Nun
19. A Wrinkle in Time
20. Fifty Shades Freed
21. Rampage (2018)
22. Disney's Christopher Robin
23. I Can Only Imagine
24. The First Purge
25. Game Night

Wonder how well upcoming '18 films like Venom, Fantastic Beasts sequel, and my avatar ( :p ) will fare compared to those that have come out so far? Aquaman definitely has me nervous. It could hit or tank. I do not think it will enjoy any middle ground.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like I'll definitely be giving Black Panther another shot. Can't believe how successful it was. How in the world did it gross more than Infinity War? Wow.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
1981's Possession.

Oh my... Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness.
Wow.

8lOR.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like I'll definitely be giving Black Panther another shot. Can't believe how successful it was. How in the world did it gross more than Infinity War? Wow.

I believe that's domestic, not globally.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I just got done watching it. I thought it was much as you described. The twist with the girl and who she was working for was a nice touch. And a character I've always hoped to see more of. But based on this film's performance, it's unlikely this plot line will ever be picked up.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The Way Way Back -‘13 Seen this a few years ago,and just rewatched. Really good film.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Re-watched Black Panther last night, while keeping in mind the points @DallasEast made............I still think it's corny, especially the parts with the trained rhinos. I liked Angela Bassett in it a lot, even though I've never particularly liked or disliked her.

I think the movie could've been much smaller budget, and been a better movie. Maybe it's the fact that there were incredibly few scenes that weren't clearly CGI.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Been catching up on some classic film noirs over the last few weeks:

Double Indemnity- 9/10 brilliant story of insurance man smitten by femme fatale helps her kill her husband for the cash.Mcmurray, stanwyck and edward g robinson.
Out of the Past-9/10 perhaps the best film noir ever made with bob mitchum as hard bitten private dick who is employed by kirk douglas to track down his squeeze. He falls for this girl who is not the sweet girl she seems. Fantastic story with a great ending.
The Blue Dahlia-7/10 alan ladd comes back from the war to find his wife is having an affair with a gangster. She is murdered and he is the suspect, Ladd and the lovely Veronica Lake get to the truth.
The Maltese Falcon-8/10 Bogart, lorre,greenstreet and a bird they all want to find. Bogart is great but lorre steals the picture as the ultimate lowlife. I am sure you have seen it anyway.
The Big Sleep-8/10 Bogart as philip marlowe is hired by a wealthy family to stop a blackmail plot. Almost immediately events turn and he is involved in murder, blackmail and much more with enough plot turns to leave everyone guessing. Bacall as the love interest and a brilliant script make this the best of chandlers book adaptations. If you like thrillers watch this film.

Have about 12 more to see and looking forward to all of them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Been catching up on some classic film noirs over the last few weeks:

Double Indemnity- 9/10 brilliant story of insurance man smitten by femme fatale helps her kill her husband for the cash.Mcmurray, stanwyck and edward g robinson.
Out of the Past-9/10 perhaps the best film noir ever made with bob mitchum as hard bitten private dick who is employed by kirk douglas to track down his squeeze. He falls for this girl who is not the sweet girl she seems. Fantastic story with a great ending.
The Blue Dahlia-7/10 alan ladd comes back from the war to find his wife is having an affair with a gangster. She is murdered and he is the suspect, Ladd and the lovely Veronica Lake get to the truth.
The Maltese Falcon-8/10 Bogart, lorre,greenstreet and a bird they all want to find. Bogart is great but lorre steals the picture as the ultimate lowlife. I am sure you have seen it anyway.
The Big Sleep-8/10 Bogart as philip marlowe is hired by a wealthy family to stop a blackmail plot. Almost immediately events turn and he is involved in murder, blackmail and much more with enough plot turns to leave everyone guessing. Bacall as the love interest and a brilliant script make this the best of chandlers book adaptations. If you like thrillers watch this film.

Have about 12 more to see and looking forward to all of them.
I’m the only one who gave you a like? Anyways...I imagine The Third Man must be on your schedule somewhere. I ran The Big Sleep 24/7 for a week straight once. The DVDs will just keep auto repeating. Loooool.