Rate the last movie you saw

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I’m the only one who gave you a like? Anyways...I imagine The Third Man must be on your schedule somewhere. I ran The Big Sleep 24/7 for a week straight once. The DVDs will just keep auto repeating. Loooool.
Yep got the third man, riffifi, the killing, the big combo, sweet smell of success, thd killers and a few more to go. I suppose younger people aren't that interested in these kind of films. I watched black panther recently and give me the big sleep anytime!

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yep got the third man, riffifi, the killing, the big combo, sweet smell of success, thd killers and a few more to go. I suppose younger people aren't that interested in these kind of films. I watched black panther recently and give me the big sleep anytime!
Yes!! I love all the old film noirs! People don’t realize how sultry and gritty they are too. Some fantastic acting too....really,really great stuff. Dr Drew’s mom (Helene Stanton) plays the dirty dame “Rita” in The Big Combo at the 24 minute mark ..holy snot was she perfect for a noirsh dame or gun moll. Or Alan Ladd...I didn’t realize what great fighting scenes he did till I watched him get beat up in noir. I always wanted to be in one,where I’m the stoolie or something getting shakin down in the alley,and beaten to a pulp for info. I can do those scenes as good as anyone and pride myself on it.. “Are you gonna tell me who ordered the O’malley hit Jimmy...or are we gonna have to beat it out of ya?” ...”No,no...please no Franky...anything but that again...” as they hold me against the wall,slugging me in the gut,and slapping me around...leaving me laying near a dumpster!! Looool.

Last edited:

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Yes!! I love all the old film noirs! People don’t realize how sultry and gritty they are too. Some fantastic acting too....really,really great stuff. Dr Drew’s mom (Helene Stanton) plays the dirty dame “Rita” in The Big Combo at the 24 minute mark ..holy snot was she perfect for a noirsh dame or gun moll. Or Alan Ladd...I didn’t realize what great fighting scenes he did till I watched him get beat up in noir. I always wanted to be in one,where I’m the stoolie or something getting shakin down in the alley,and beaten to a pulp for info. I can do those scenes as good as anyone and pride myself on it.. “Are you gonna tell me who ordered the O’malley hit Jimmy...or are we gonna have to beat it out of ya?” ...”No,no...please no Franky...anything but that again...” as they hold me against the wall,slugging me in the gut,and slapping me around...and leaving me laying near a dumpster!! Looool.

Yep people see LA confidential or tarantinos movies or even blade runner but don't realise they are based on those film noirs. The cohen brothers first movie was a film noir and they still make em. I was watching star trek recently and picards holodeck fantasy was as the hero in a marlowe type fim noir.
The originals are the best though and i'm enjoying watching them again, i will post some more reviews after i've finished these.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched "Upgrade" and it was interesting and some pretty good acting from some unknowns to me. But I think they could have done more with the premise, which I liked and thought that could get some legs on a couple of sequels.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Yep people see LA confidential or tarantinos movies or even blade runner but don't realise they are based on those film noirs. The cohen brothers first movie was a film noir and they still make em. I was watching star trek recently and picards holodeck fantasy was as the hero in a marlowe type fim noir.
The originals are the best though and i'm enjoying watching them again, i will post some more reviews after i've finished these.

Also a fan of noir and Coen brothers. 'The Man Who Wasn't There' is very noir-ish.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I saw A Star is Born last night.

I watched Chappaquiddick and 6 Below: Miracle on the Mountain this past week.

I'll be going to see Venom tonight.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
GRAVITY

It's a space flick with Sandra Bullock & that one dude whose name escapes me , prolly cuz' he's never really been that memorable of an actor to begin with,anyway ,off in the distance something goes "KA-BOOM" and a bunch of debris is hurtling their way in a high velocity shotgun pattern of killer space ejaculate and it decimated the orbital station they were,,,er,,, stationed on, of which they were conveniently on the outside of working on when the catastrophe blew thru,,,
MELON FEUDIAN grade for rainy day repeat viewing,,, 6/10

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
All this talk while none of you pleebs have watched the greatest low budget action film of all time, besides one, or two others:

SEVEN STRING SAMURAI

36804_original.gif

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That does it....I’m upshifting from noir into Halloween movie mode.
It just smells like October,the leaves are falling and there’s a ominous breeze tonight. Time to hit up Walgreens candy section,and dive in. Last night was “It”-‘17.. and think I’ll go with “Sleepy Hollow” tonight,and work my way around the room all month.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes!! I love all the old film noirs! People don’t realize how sultry and gritty they are too. Some fantastic acting too....really,really great stuff. Dr Drew’s mom (Helene Stanton) plays the dirty dame “Rita” in The Big Combo at the 24 minute mark ..holy snot was she perfect for a noirsh dame or gun moll. Or Alan Ladd...I didn’t realize what great fighting scenes he did till I watched him get beat up in noir. I always wanted to be in one,where I’m the stoolie or something getting shakin down in the alley,and beaten to a pulp for info. I can do those scenes as good as anyone and pride myself on it.. “Are you gonna tell me who ordered the O’malley hit Jimmy...or are we gonna have to beat it out of ya?” ...”No,no...please no Franky...anything but that again...” as they hold me against the wall,slugging me in the gut,and slapping me around...leaving me laying near a dumpster!! Looool.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahaha,,,er,,,
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,:lmao::lmao2::lmao:,,,& COPY!o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Please at least tell me these are Asian masseuses beating you to a pulp in your weird fantasies!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Solo

4/10

This movie was the definition of meh.

My own rating is a bit higher than yours, but I can't argue with you on your overall impression. This really was a story that didn't need to be told. Answering questions that people weren't dying to have answered. And so, so much of "remember this?, you liked this, remember?"

I love Star Wars and I think there are plenty of ways to take the franchise, but recycling everything you've ever done before isn't the way to go.

cml750

Reaction score
I just watched the movie Geostorm and I feel dumber for watching it. That is a hour and 49 minutes of my life I will never get back. I rate this a solid F------

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The Endless -‘18 Low budget and slow mystery ...and was going to leave it up until the midway point when It started getting interesting. It’s a sequel to some film called Resolution -‘12 I found out after. Now I think the whole concept universe the writer and director are creating is pretty cool.

Last edited: