Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree and I have a hard time getting the images out of my head. Wrong Turn flat out disturbed me, even more than usual, and there was this X Files episode about an inbred family that stayed with me for a while too long.
I remember the episode well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree and I have a hard time getting the images out of my head. Wrong Turn flat out disturbed me, even more than usual, and there was this X Files episode about an inbred family that stayed with me for a while too long.
BTW, as I was replying to this post, "Dueling Banjos" started playing on the radio. (Sirius/XM - 70's on 7)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two movies with similar names...

Rememory - Peter Dinklage plays in a drama with a little syfy thrown into it. An interesting movie with a twist. Dealing with a machine that can record memories by also causes bad side effects. The creator of the machine is killed or committed suicide and Peter Dinklage's character helps find out the truth for the widow while also finding out or remembering some truths of his own. Kind of slow but pretty good IMO.

The next one is currently on netflix and is a few years old (2014-2015 I think)
Remember - IMO a better film than the one listed above. Two elderly men in a nursing home. Both are survivors of Aushwitz. One of the men finds out that one of the **** officers in charge escaped and is now living free under a new name. He instructs the other elderly man how to find the man and kill him. Only problem is the man going out to find him...has early dementia and sometimes forgets where he is. So they write a long letter describing everything and the guy leaves the nursing home to find the **** officer and kill him. However there are 3-4 men that could be the officer so he has to go to different places and find the right man again doing all of this while suffering early stages of dementia. The movie is a little slow in some spots but frankly caught me off guard in how much I liked it. If it had more time it might have been nice to have some flash back scenes but I could see how that might make it too long or cause some troubles in other areas.
Either way...If you got the time and if it sounds remotely interesting to you I suggest giving it a try it really is pretty good even though a little slow in some areas.

GMO415

Reaction score
Halloween 2018 . Pretty good. 8.5.

Lots of Easter eggs from 80 movies.....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hunter:killer 8/10

If you like war submarine movies, this won't disappoint. If you want good drama/action and don't care about awards then this movie is for you :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think I've seen a single review for Venom. Has anyone seen it? Was it any good?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not good and the ones I read were fans of Tom Hardy’s, as I am.

The CGI in it looked too cartoonish too me, just like Smaug in The Hoibbit.
Yeah, my nephew said he'd heard it sucked too, but he hadn't seen it, and I don't know where he'd heard that.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah, my nephew said he'd heard it sucked too, but he hadn't seen it, and I don't know where he'd heard that.
Yeah,I’ve seen all the rotten 30% tomatoes reviews from critics. They’re dead wrong if you ask me. That was some serious funny stuff...he’s a great anti-hero.

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a single review for Venom. Has anyone seen it? Was it any good?

From what gather, the consensus is that the movie not as bad as expected, but is still not good. There is an intriguing aspect to the relationship between Eddie and the symbiote, but the last act falls flat with the standard comic book movie ending.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Voices - Currently on Netflix. 2014 or so. Ryan Reynolds. If you like his sarcastic wit or not, it makes no difference in this movie really. This is a story about a guy that apparently was in a pysch ward for years and now is out.
He works a normal job. Is single, a lonely guy who lives in a small apartment over a bowling alley and has a dog and a cat. He has regular visits with a woman that is basically a Parole Officer although I am not sure that is her title. She checks on his mental health and is constantly telling him that he needs to stay on his meds. He crosses paths with some of the girls in his company that work in accounting. He is clearly not taking his meds. One thing leads to another and one girl gets murdered. Oh...I forgot, while off his meds his cat and dog talk to him, his apartment is always clean, the head of the girl he killed talks to him....
Interesting movie. Dark comedy. Kind of cool how things appear different when he is off his meds compared to when he is back on them for a short period of time.
Not a bad movie. Not Scary, Not rip roaring funny. A little slow. But still one of those movies where you want to see what happens next as you know it can not end well.

Mister Roberts - 1955 movie set in WWII on a Navy Cargo boat. Henry Fonda, James Cagney and a young Jack Lemmon are the main stars. Cagney plays a crazy Captain who always finds excuses not to give the men liberty passes and they are all going crazy because of it. Fonda is the guy who desperately wants to be on a combat ship before the war ends and hates being stuck on a cargo ship. Lemmon plays the crazy Ensign Pulver who does whatever he can to stay out of the captains hair. I love WWII movies. Love WWII Comedies like wackiest ship in the Army, Operation Petticoat, Father Goose and similar movies. Have never seen this one and read many reviews that made it seem like it would be in my wheelhouse. It had it's moments but by and large I was kind of let down with it. Maybe I built it up too much in my mind. Jack Lemmon shined in it as the wacky character and I think he even won an oscar for it. However they did not show enough of him to make it better IMO. With that said they did do a sequel that appears to focus more on his Ensign Pulver character even though Lemmon does not play the role. I have found it free to watch on Youtube but have not gotten a chance to watch it yet. If you watched the other movies I mentioned I would say this movie was closest to Wackiest ship in the Army...Ok but just not as funny or as good as the other two IMO.

The next few I found free on Youtube which means some of them might not have the clearest pictures or have other issues.

The last of the dogmen - One of my favorite "westerns" that might not be known by as many people. It is a modern Western (made in 95). Tom Berenger and Barbara Hershey. Tom's character is a widowed man who is not a loner with only his faithful dog Zip as company. However his dead wife's father is the sheriff of the area and calls him to be a tracker/bounty hunter to capture some escaped convicts. The area is in a vast wooded area of Montana with the mountains as a back set.
While searching for the men he finds them dead and swears he sees Indians. He finds Barbara who plays a professor and archeologist specializing in native american Indians. He convinces her to go out with him to see if they can find any evidence of thought to be extinct Indian tribe known as the Dog Soldiers which was part of a missing Cheyenne tribe living in the remote location of the mountains backwoods area of Montana. They don't find the indians, but the indians find them and take them to their village and the Indians live in the wild. Really good movie IMO.

Operation Petticoat - Have watched this movie a multitude of times and still love it. Been wanting to buy it on google play but many of these older movies are not available. Found it free on Youtube. The picture is not as clear as you would wish but still watchable. WWII Comedy on a sub. Carey Grant as the Captain, Tony Curtis as one of the funny officers who can get into all kinds of troubles. In between ports they wind up taking aboard a group of nurses who were stranded on a port. This of course causes all kinds of issues, especially with a rather buxom blonde bombshell that is a bit of a source of innocent troubles for the Captain. Great WWII era comedy that stands the test of time.

The emerald forest - Very good movie that many have never heard of. 1985 movie with Powers Boothe as an Engineer making a large damn project in Brazil next to a rain forest. While he has his wife and two children out in the construction area the young boy wonders into the rain forest and is taken by a tribe known as the invisible people. They search for the boy but do not find him. Years later the father is still searching deep in the jungles for his son and they finally find each other. The boy has been raised by the tribe and is not part of the tribe. Later in the movie there is an issue with another "bad" tribe taking the invisible peoples women and selling them. So they have to go get them back. The tribe also realizes they have to get rid of the Damn because the people will continue to eat up the forest after it is completed. It really is a good movie. Very Underated. NOT as good as apocolyptica IMO but at the same time it is a different movie from it. I thought in the past they had subtitles or maybe they just spoke in english among the tribes but either I remembered wrong of the copy I watched did not have subtitles. So a good portion of the video on youtube I recently watched was in a different language. I think it still holds as you get the general idea of what is going on by it would be better if it was as I had remembered it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Voices - Currently on Netflix. 2014 or so. Ryan Reynolds. If you like his sarcastic wit or not, it makes no difference in this movie really. This is a story about a guy that apparently was in a pysch ward for years and now is out.
He works a normal job. Is single, a lonely guy who lives in a small apartment over a bowling alley and has a dog and a cat. He has regular visits with a woman that is basically a Parole Officer although I am not sure that is her title. She checks on his mental health and is constantly telling him that he needs to stay on his meds. He crosses paths with some of the girls in his company that work in accounting. He is clearly not taking his meds. One thing leads to another and one girl gets murdered. Oh...I forgot, while off his meds his cat and dog talk to him, his apartment is always clean, the head of the girl he killed talks to him....
Interesting movie. Dark comedy. Kind of cool how things appear different when he is off his meds compared to when he is back on them for a short period of time.
Not a bad movie. Not Scary, Not rip roaring funny. A little slow. But still one of those movies where you want to see what happens next as you know it can not end well.

Mister Roberts - 1955 movie set in WWII on a Navy Cargo boat. Henry Fonda, James Cagney and a young Jack Lemmon are the main stars. Cagney plays a crazy Captain who always finds excuses not to give the men liberty passes and they are all going crazy because of it. Fonda is the guy who desperately wants to be on a combat ship before the war ends and hates being stuck on a cargo ship. Lemmon plays the crazy Ensign Pulver who does whatever he can to stay out of the captains hair. I love WWII movies. Love WWII Comedies like wackiest ship in the Army, Operation Petticoat, Father Goose and similar movies. Have never seen this one and read many reviews that made it seem like it would be in my wheelhouse. It had it's moments but by and large I was kind of let down with it. Maybe I built it up too much in my mind. Jack Lemmon shined in it as the wacky character and I think he even won an oscar for it. However they did not show enough of him to make it better IMO. With that said they did do a sequel that appears to focus more on his Ensign Pulver character even though Lemmon does not play the role. I have found it free to watch on Youtube but have not gotten a chance to watch it yet. If you watched the other movies I mentioned I would say this movie was closest to Wackiest ship in the Army...Ok but just not as funny or as good as the other two IMO.

The next few I found free on Youtube which means some of them might not have the clearest pictures or have other issues.

The last of the dogmen - One of my favorite "westerns" that might not be known by as many people. It is a modern Western (made in 95). Tom Berenger and Barbara Hershey. Tom's character is a widowed man who is not a loner with only his faithful dog Zip as company. However his dead wife's father is the sheriff of the area and calls him to be a tracker/bounty hunter to capture some escaped convicts. The area is in a vast wooded area of Montana with the mountains as a back set.
While searching for the men he finds them dead and swears he sees Indians. He finds Barbara who plays a professor and archeologist specializing in native american Indians. He convinces her to go out with him to see if they can find any evidence of thought to be extinct Indian tribe known as the Dog Soldiers which was part of a missing Cheyenne tribe living in the remote location of the mountains backwoods area of Montana. They don't find the indians, but the indians find them and take them to their village and the Indians live in the wild. Really good movie IMO.

Operation Petticoat - Have watched this movie a multitude of times and still love it. Been wanting to buy it on google play but many of these older movies are not available. Found it free on Youtube. The picture is not as clear as you would wish but still watchable. WWII Comedy on a sub. Carey Grant as the Captain, Tony Curtis as one of the funny officers who can get into all kinds of troubles. In between ports they wind up taking aboard a group of nurses who were stranded on a port. This of course causes all kinds of issues, especially with a rather buxom blonde bombshell that is a bit of a source of innocent troubles for the Captain. Great WWII era comedy that stands the test of time.

The emerald forest - Very good movie that many have never heard of. 1985 movie with Powers Boothe as an Engineer making a large damn project in Brazil next to a rain forest. While he has his wife and two children out in the construction area the young boy wonders into the rain forest and is taken by a tribe known as the invisible people. They search for the boy but do not find him. Years later the father is still searching deep in the jungles for his son and they finally find each other. The boy has been raised by the tribe and is not part of the tribe. Later in the movie there is an issue with another "bad" tribe taking the invisible peoples women and selling them. So they have to go get them back. The tribe also realizes they have to get rid of the Damn because the people will continue to eat up the forest after it is completed. It really is a good movie. Very Underated. NOT as good as apocolyptica IMO but at the same time it is a different movie from it. I thought in the past they had subtitles or maybe they just spoke in english among the tribes but either I remembered wrong of the copy I watched did not have subtitles. So a good portion of the video on youtube I recently watched was in a different language. I think it still holds as you get the general idea of what is going on by it would be better if it was as I had remembered it.
"It is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard!!"
(It's been about 35 years since I saw it, so I may not have gotten that quite right.)