Rate the last movie you saw

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finally got around to watching Richard Jewell. I usually don’t hesitate watching an Eastwood film but life got busy.

Anyways, it was excellent yet irritating at the same time. I hate when an innocent person gets a trial by media and I wish that he would have gotten hundreds of millions of dollars for that railroad. Nothing would have made me more happier than Jewell becoming a multimillionaire times ten and flaunting that $$$ in their faces!

I give it a 9/10 :thumbup:
Agree, it left me angry because no one paid for their crimes and he didn't commit one and the stress killed him early.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I saw an unfinished version (it presented well enough, though. Nothing stood out as unfinished) of Marry Me last week. It's a Rom-com with Jennifer Lopez and Owen Wilson.
It's a 2021 film.

I can't really say much as we had to sign a waiver/NDA. I'll just say, I thought it was enjoyable if you like rom-coms, though pretty predictable, and by the numbers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10223460/

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I finally got around to watching Richard Jewell. I usually don’t hesitate watching an Eastwood film but life got busy.

Anyways, it was excellent yet irritating at the same time. I hate when an innocent person gets a trial by media and I wish that he would have gotten hundreds of millions of dollars for that railroad. Nothing would have made me more happier than Jewell becoming a multimillionaire times ten and flaunting that $$$ in their faces!

I give it a 9/10 :thumbup:

Agreed. One of the better movies last year. I thought the guy who played Jewell deserved some Oscar recognition.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Agree, it left me angry because no one paid for their crimes and he didn't commit one and the stress killed him early.

Stress and diabetes. I didn't see the film. I did watch the limited series about the Olympic bombing on Spectrum on demand. The guy who portrayed Jewel was excellent. The Atlanta newspaper didn't end up paying, but NBC and the New York Post did settle out of court. Perhaps they didn't pay as much as one would want for the case, but they did pay something for their crimes.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I liked Deep Blue Sea, so I decided to rent part 3. It wasn’t comparable to the original but I give it a 7/10 only because part 2 was terrible. It is worth a watch if you like these types of movies but you aren’t missing anything if ya never watch it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked Deep Blue Sea, so I decided to rent part 3. It wasn’t comparable to the original but I give it a 7/10 only because part 2 was terrible. It is worth a watch if you like these types of movies but you aren’t missing anything if ya never watch it.
I really like Deep Blue Sea and we saw that at a premier and the audience reaction at Samuel L. Jackson was fun to be around.

Creeper

Reaction score
Woman in Black: 4/10 - just an overall bad movie. I was actually looking forward to this movie but was left disappointed. Even worse, the special effects were laughably bad.

Chronicles: 8/10 - Suprisingly good. Started off slow but had a relatively well developed storyline.

The Grey: 7/10 - Suspensful and worth a see. Storyline just seemed to be missing something extra. The characters were pretty stereotypical, fitting each guy into an easy hole ie. the tough guy....the mother hen....the spiritual guy...et cetera.

The Artist: 9/10 - Had no idea it was a silent movie going in. It didn't matter, the movie was fantastic; well acted by all involved, funny, sad, suspensful and entertaining.

In Time: 6/10 - I liked the movie more than most. Had some shortcomings, but I overlook a lot of them because I think Amanda Seyfreid is beautiful. That is all....

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: 10/10 - This is probably the best movie I've seen in recent memory. Everything from the plot, acting, delivery, scenery, et cetera was totally on point. Can't give it enough praise.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: 6/10 - Sorry, I'd love to sound high-brow and say the movie was faaaaaantabulous, but I just couldn't do it in any honesty. I thought the plot was unecessarily confusing and just plainly hard to follow. The acting was terrific but bouyed by some poor script writing IMO. I fell asleep at some points.

I have to agree with you on the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I have watched it a few times and even though there are reasons I should not like this movie, I really enjoyed it. I think the acting really was excellent.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
My wife started watching the Green Book last night so I just went with it. It’s one of those movies I’d never muster up the interest to watch on my own but thoroughly enjoyed after finishing it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to hear, I'm planning to buy it.

Might want to rent it first.

Kind of hard to ask too much from a movie that is around 30 years after the last one was made. Even with that I don't think I laughed once.
Just did not seem to have that something that the first two had. Maybe it was seeing bill and ted so much older.

I knew it would never live up to the first two but I was really hoping for much better.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to agree with you on the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I have watched it a few times and even though there are reasons I should not like this movie, I really enjoyed it. I think the acting really was excellent.

I liked it. I bought the original trilogy and also bought the american version. I like both.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Might want to rent it first.

Kind of hard to ask too much from a movie that is around 30 years after the last one was made. Even with that I don't think I laughed once.
Just did not seem to have that something that the first two had. Maybe it was seeing bill and ted so much older.

I knew it would never live up to the first two but I was really hoping for much better.

Thanks for the warning, but I already committed. I'm having my brother over on Tuesday night to watch it together as we're both long-time fans. And I think it was only $5 more to own than to rent it, so what the heck!

I'll temper my expectations and hope that nostalgia is enough to carry us through.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the warning, but I already committed. I'm having my brother over on Tuesday night to watch it together as we're both long-time fans. And I think it was only $5 more to own than to rent it, so what the heck!

I'll temper my expectations and hope that nostalgia is enough to carry us through.

Oddly enough I thought it actually might have been better if the movie was more of Bill and Ted's daughters.

The one girl who played Ted's daughter really fit well. As much as I like the actress who played Bills daughter...she really did not fit IMO.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Oddly enough I thought it actually might have been better if the movie was more of Bill and Ted's daughters.

The one girl who played Ted's daughter really fit well. As much as I like the actress who played Bills daughter...she really did not fit IMO.
Hey Brainpaint, I know you're kind of a horror genre guy. Do you know anything about the Shudder.com streaming service? Seems like I've watched everything on all the other apps, so was thinking of going that route.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Brainpaint, I know you're kind of a horror genre guy. Do you know anything about the Shudder.com streaming service? Seems like I've watched everything on all the other apps, so was thinking of going that route.

Heard it is not too bad but have not joined it.
Might want to PM @MichaelWinicki I think he talked about joining it at one time or another.

On a side note. Watched Terrorfirer some time back and thought that it had that old school vibe but was kind of cheap and cheesy.
Did not know that the character Art the Clown was in another movie. If you can find All Hallow's Eve it has that character in it. I think it is free on one of the free channels.
Also heard they are working on a Terrorfier 2.