Rate the last movie you saw

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Sleepaway Camp" (1983)

Haven't watched this flick since I watched it in a movie theater in its initial run.

The claim to fame of this movie is the "twist" at the end... At the time it was stunning.

Today it would be considered much less so.

The movie is incredibly "dated". It screams "1980's" more than just about any other horror film I've watched from that era.

In 1983 I probably would have given it a 6.0 based on the twist.

Today, I'm not so generous– 4.5/10.

yimyammer

Reaction score
"Sleepaway Camp" (1983)

Haven't watched this flick since I watched it in a movie theater in its initial run.

The claim to fame of this movie is the "twist" at the end... At the time it was stunning.

Today it would be considered much less so.

The movie is incredibly "dated". It screams "1980's" more than just about any other horror film I've watched from that era.

In 1983 I probably would have given it a 6.0 based on the twist.

Today, I'm not so generous– 4.5/10.

I just watched this

are you messing with everyone?

that has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, it was so awful it was hilarious, I cant believe it ever got made. The budget had to be about 100 bucks given how pathetic the acting was.

it did give me several lulz, so there's that

I cant believe I watched the whole thing just to see the ender you teased, you got me

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just watched this

that has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, it was so awful it was hilarious, I cant believe it ever got made. The budget had to be about 100 bucks given how pathetic the acting was.

I cant believe I watched the whole thing just to see the ender you teased, you got me
He gave it a 4.5, which may be the lowest rating I've seen him give any movie. Lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched this

LOL!

I didn't mean to "get" you.

I can tell you at the time it was released it created quite the up-roar.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He gave it a 4.5, which may be the lowest rating I've seen him give any movie. Lol

True.

There are many recent movies I've found on Tubi that are worse than "Sleepaway Camp" where I don't get through the first 20 minutes.

As a side note, the original movie spawned 4 sequels and there's talk about rebooting the original!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everything Everywhere All at Once - 8.0/10

A better multiverse movie than anything MCU has put out there. Michelle Yeoh continues to amaze me.
Love her, but the trailer didn't look good. Could be they didn't use the best parts of the movie for the trailer, like they usually do.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Love her, but the trailer didn't look good. Could be they didn't use the best parts of the movie for the trailer, like they usually do.

It is out there for sure. If you watch it, give it time to start cooking. My wife looked at me sideways the first 15 minutes, but she loved it after it was over.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
True.

There are many recent movies I've found on Tubi that are worse than "Sleepaway Camp" where I don't get through the first 20 minutes.

As a side note, the original movie spawned 4 sequels and there's talk about rebooting the original!
I just recently discovered Tubi. Seems like a pretty cool app so far, though I haven't had time to really dive into it yet.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched "Lamb" last night. It's a foreign film with Noomi Rapace. I don't want to give away too much, but it is a weird flick with a bizarre ending. 5 of 10.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
IDK, you ever see Boondock Saints?
Another of my favorites, Dafoe was great in that too!

tumblr_p4trjjrX0e1s7xfipo1_540.gifv

triplets_93

Reaction score
Went for the full Top Gun: Maverick treatment tonight. Dinner at Applebee's, and AMC full recliner leather seats.

The jet scenes, and there are many, are very intense. There are many heroic actions in this movie. There were emotional moments, and, many belly laughs as well. One scene in particular that was emotional, was the scene at a funeral, where a folded American flag, and a salute with rifles were presented.

The memorable music for me, was the Kenny Loggins song "Danger Zone," David Bowie's "Let's Dance," and The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again."

"Don't think ... Use The Force Pete!!"