Rate the last movie you saw

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that the "Dr. Strange" and "Wanda" characters have had their character's developed using previous movies and TV series, but I thought they did a lousy job developing the character of other main female character just to speed up the action.
Agreed. America Chavez's backstory is not complicated but it has more depth than what the audience consumed. To me, it feels like they are setting up a origin story insert for a future project (perhaps The Marvels..?).

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. America Chavez's backstory is not complicated but it has more depth than what the audience consumed. To me, it feels like they are setting up a origin story insert for a future project (perhaps The Marvels..?).

Interesting point about the "The Marvels" being a potential vehicle for more details on her story.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I *think* Krasinski may be limited to this single MCU cameo. It would be 'easy' for the multiverse concept to explain why another Dr. Reed Richards will appear post-Doctor Strange 2. The same goes for a possible return of James McAvoy or another actor instead of Patrick Steward. And that one tiny Anson Mount cameo made up tons for me as a fan over that Inhumans nonsense.

“Easy”? I tend to disagree with that assessment. That casting was a fan service move and gave many what they had hoped for. To disregard that as a throwaway one-off would be disrespectful to the fans, and would be a detriment to anyone rise taking on the role.

I expect to see him in the role again and will be both disappointed and upset if it doesn’t happen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Easy”? I tend to disagree with that assessment. That casting was a fan service move and gave many what they had hoped for. To disregard that as a throwaway one-off would be disrespectful to the fans, and would be a detriment to anyone rise taking on the role.

I expect to see him in the role again and will be both disappointed and upset if it doesn’t happen.
There has been a big fan following for Krasinski's casting of Richards, so I do acknowledge he will likely remain in the role. The same campaigning is backing his wife Emily Blount as Susan. I am not so sure how I will feel about that on-screen pairing though. Romantic? Yes but will the pairing "feel" be genuine? Then again, I did not feel true on-screen romance between Ioan Grufudd/Jessica Alba or Miles Teller/Kata Mara, so what do I know? lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There has been a big fan following for Krasinski's casting of Richards, so I do acknowledge he will likely remain in the role. The same campaigning is backing his wife Emily Blount as Susan. I am not so sure how I will feel about that on-screen pairing though. Romantic? Yes but will the pairing "feel" be genuine? Then again, I did not feel true on-screen romance between Ioan Grufudd/Jessica Alba or Miles Teller/Kata Mara, so what do I know? lol.

I trust Disney/Marvel to do a better job than any of those other studios. They’ve certainly done better to this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit to being a Captain Marvel "mark".

But I could see where "The Marvels" could have some issues.

I liked the first film and appreciate it more with each viewing. But the more I read about who and what they’re putting into the next film, the less excited I am. I very much hope I’m proven wrong, I never root for anything to fail.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the first film and appreciate it more with each viewing. But the more I read about who and what they’re putting into the next film, the less excited I am. I very much hope I’m proven wrong, I never root for anything to fail.

You bet!

Especially if you're paying good money to go to the theater to see it!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Without giving away any spoilers, I think it is safe for me to speculate that Marvel and Disney's biggest gamble for their Phases Four through Six is the multiverse concept. It must have a big buy-in from general audiences for the MCU to continue enjoying success on both the big and small screens.

The core audience has a better understanding of all the, literally, limitless tangents the concept can generate for movies and television. Spider-Man: No Way Home, Doctor Strange in the Mutiverse of Madness and the television series Loki are the best live action examples seen so far but none of the three have REALLY scratched the concept's surface yet. While it is normal for me, I can understand why that that aspect might feel overwhelming for other moviegoers.
This whole multiverse concept is like plot armor, but for the writers/editors. A lot of these characters are decades old, you can't re-tell the same story, especially origin stories, over and over, or if there's a new twist to a familiar story, or a character gets killed off and later writers/editors look back in hindsight and say "Hmmmmm.... we really shouldn't have done that, or a writer simply goofs up and forgot some details from a character's past....... they can just say this is a different timeline and there are an infinite number of timelines. Those little things aren't really mistakes....... they're "features" of a multiverse. :p

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This whole multiverse concept is like plot armor, but for the writers/editors. A lot of these characters are decades old, you can't re-tell the same story, especially origin stories, over and over, or if there's a new twist to a familiar story, or a character gets killed off and later writers/editors look back in hindsight and say "Hmmmmm.... we really shouldn't have done that, or a writer simply goofs up and forgot some details from a character's past....... they can just say this is a different timeline and there are an infinite number of timelines. Those little things aren't really mistakes....... they're "features" of a multiverse. :p

7pub.gif

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I knew exactly what to expect when I went to see Morbius - a masterpiece. And of course, it delivered.

Everything about Morbius is flawless. The acting, directing, cinematography… they really hit it out of the park. Some of the best I’ve ever seen.

But Jared Leto, and really Morbius himself, just make this movie. No doubt Morbius is one of the best characters in the history of cinema. Probably in the history of storytelling.

I felt so many emotions watching Morbius. The look in his eyes when the morbjuice first started flowing through his veins was so frightening. He really looked Morbed out. Excellent acting by Leto. I stood up and cheered when he first dropped his classic catchphrase “It’s Morbin Time!”. And when he tells that whole room of bad guys “you’re about to get Morbed!” before he morbs them, I was giddy with excitement.

I can see why Morbius is the first movie to ever gross a morbillion dollars at the box office. I personally have seen it 113 times.

Rating - 1Mormillion/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I knew exactly what to expect when I went to see Morbius - a masterpiece. And of course, it delivered.

Everything about Morbius is flawless. The acting, directing, cinematography… they really hit it out of the park. Some of the best I’ve ever seen.

But Jared Leto, and really Morbius himself, just make this movie. No doubt Morbius is one of the best characters in the history of cinema. Probably in the history of storytelling.

I felt so many emotions watching Morbius. The look in his eyes when the morbjuice first started flowing through his veins was so frightening. He really looked Morbed out. Excellent acting by Leto. I stood up and cheered when he first dropped his classic catchphrase “It’s Morbin Time!”. And when he tells that whole room of bad guys “you’re about to get Morbed!” before he morbs them, I was giddy with excitement.

I can see why Morbius is the first movie to ever gross a morbillion dollars at the box office. I personally have seen it 113 times.

Rating - 1Mormillion/10
Your first two sentences dripped enough sarcasm on the rest that you could have left it at that...but you kept going, and now I have to see this movie!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rating - 1Mormillion/10
:lmao2:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I went and watched the morbius trailer. It didn't look that bad until I saw, "from the studio that brought you spiderman no way home". Unless they fired everyone after spiderman, which I doubt the viewers are that lucky, it will suck.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Top Gun: Maverick - Unfortunately, they don't make many movies like this anymore. While a pretty simple story, it still has depth, and is executed exceptionally.

The last 15 minutes may go a little over the top, but I can give it a pass as it's still fun, and hits the right notes.

Easily the best experience I've had at the theaters this year...maybe the last several years.