Rate the last movie you saw

cowboyec

Reaction score
Lots of reviews saying Tom Hanks sucked.
after watching the trailors...i was worried about the accent hanks was using.
in the few audio clips i've heard...and his interview on 20/20...i don't remember the col having an accent like that.
but 2min into the movie...i honestly didn't notice it...and could give a damn.
my focus was on Elvis.
the movie was/is well made.
again...i HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.

Them

Reaction score
...Watched the new Elvis Movie...maybe it was the site I was at online, but the audio was terrible...all mixed together, many words I couldn't make out...the star of the show Austin Butler did a good enough job playing Elvis, but I wanted to see more of the early years...All n all I give it only 6 probes...
tQ6Jjt2.jpg
tQ6Jjt2.jpg
tQ6Jjt2.jpg
tQ6Jjt2.jpg

tQ6Jjt2.jpg
tQ6Jjt2.jpg
...:thumbdown:

cowboyec

Reaction score
after watching the trailors...i was worried about the accent hanks was using.
in the few audio clips i've heard...and his interview on 20/20...i don't remember the col having an accent like that.
but 2min into the movie...i honestly didn't notice it...and could give a damn.
my focus was on Elvis.
the movie was/is well made.
again...i HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.
not 20/20.
it was nightline.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jurassic World- Dominion.

It's Loaded upon loaded, ..upon loaded.....upon loaded with hot on the heels,, very razor thin narrow escapes, endless number of chase scenes.
- that's what really made the movie. Period !

in terms of having (needing ?) a terrific plot and turns and twists ... forget it...!!
Whether experiments, break thru discoveries, conspiracies, cover up, hidden agendas etc. Much either didn't make sense, or wasn't that interesting.

It was simply about the chase scenes and various giant dinosaurs such as Giganotosaurus .. Tyrannosaurus Rex ..and Therizinosaurus.
It's really like the producers and writers of Jurassic films are simply running out of ideas and things to write and create.

Nuthin was added a far from the giant locust insects - which i wasn't into the supposed plot and plan surrounding their epidemic plague.
that's what overall makes me think this SHOULD be the last and final Jurassic movie. It's simply a chase scene movie.
(but box office money totals could return it right back again)
The trailers (such as Claire Deaning "underwater " near escape scene) is what influences to go see it.

The film also supposedly is bringing back all of the lead actors/actress of the Jurassic films.
Maybe this was a tribute and thanks for so many past contributions to the franchise.

But even with all of the legendary members, it made it difficult to focus and believe in just one or two, and I didn’t think any o them stood out
(Alan grant, Ellen sattler, Ian Malcolm, Owen Grady, etc.

The villain role was dreadfully boring .. (Dr. Lewis Dodgson) ..he didnt bring anything charismatic or appealing to the bad guy role.
i felt he was dry and disinteresting. Even the henchman wasn't interesting, maybe these roles were rushed thru and made minimal
to bring more time to the chase scenes and plot.

But i simply did not get anything at all out of the Bad Guy roles, main villain or hench men...
I did think newcomer DeWanda Wise as Kayla Watts was delightful … but I found myself lost or disinterested in young Maise Lock
(adopted daughter portrayed by Isabella Sermon)

On a scale of 1 to 10 .. I’d give Jurassic Dominion 7.0 ..

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Just watched the Dr. Strange movie on D+.

I thought it was really fun flick. They just gave Rami a bunch of money and let him do his thing.

Was is campy? Yes it was. But it's nice seeing them deviate from the formula and do something different.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just watched the Dr. Strange movie on D+.

I thought it was really fun flick. They just gave Rami a bunch of money and let him do his thing.

Was is campy? Yes it was. But it's nice seeing them deviate from the formula and do something different.

I watched it with my 21 year old daughter.. who forced me to watch all 9 episodes of WandaVision so I would not be lost. It did help to some degree.. But I still didn't like you know who being turned into an evil super villain.. But overall I thought it was a good watch..

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Splinter" (2008)

Watched it again tonight for the first time in several years.

One of the best low-budget (meaning few actors/limited sets) horror films to come out during the 2000-2010 period.

Even a casual horror fan can appreciate it.

My only negative is that some sequences were done using a "shaky camera" which I'm not big on, but everything else from story to acting are solid.

6/10

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen King's "Graveyard Shift" (1990)

An underrated film IMO.

Doesn't get a lot of love on IMDB either... 4.9

I get that that story is not as good as say "Silver Bullet" and "Pet Sematary".

I don't care for the plot holes, including the big one of "So what/why is there this giant bat/rat creature?"

In "Pet Sematary" they did a good job of explaining "Why" things were happening.

And while in "Silver Bullet" they did not explain why the reverend was a werewolf, they at least made some attempt to explain–even if the reasoning was lacking.

But no attempt whatsoever in "Graveyard Shift".

But as far as "scares" go–I think "Graveyard Shift" is scarier than either "Silver Bullet" or "Pet Sematary". And certainly scarier than several other of King's films in that era such as "The Dead Zone" and "Thinner" and "Maximum Overdrive".

Not a great movie, but a watchable movie.

5.5/10

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Nightbeasts" (2010)

I'll watch just about any kind (theme) of horror movie.

But I movies about big-foot are near the top of the list.

No doubt a carry over from "The Legend of Boggy Creek" which I saw at that movie theater when I was about 10.

Since then over the years I've seen a few decent films about big-foot, sasquatch, yeti or whatever you want to call him.

And I've seen a whole lotta bad ones.

This one is somewhere in between.

IMDB gives the film a rating of 6.5

I can't go that high.

This film is part serious scary movie and part farce, and I think it was the farce-part that folks rate so high.

Anyway, if you like movies with a big-foot theme it's not a bad flick.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Black Christmas" (1974)

Today it's credited as kicking off the "slasher era" for the horror genre.

It supposedly influenced "Halloween".

Funny how "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Black Christmas" both came out the same year, and while "TCM" has been recognized as a classic, "Black Christmas" took much longer to gain accolades.

In comparing the two films, "BC" is much better. Better overall quality. Better acting. And a more concise story.

If you haven't watched the 1974 version of "Black Christmas" do yourself a favor and catch it.

The 2006 remake is simply a freak show.

I have not watched the 2019 version yet, but will even though the reviews were negative for the most part.

IMDB gives the original version a rating of 7.1 out of 10.

I'm good with that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Had a movie night last night. Watched these 2 movies:

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
I actually enjoyed this one. Was entertaining and had some decent funny parts in it. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Good movie.

Ambulance
This movie sucked. It was cheesy, filmed weird, was predictable, and just overall lacked any kind of good substance. I usually don't mind Michael Bay movies, but this one flat out sucked.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Rented American Underdog last night. The movie about Kurt Warner's life. It was good. I enjoyed it. I always watch these kinds of movies and wonder how much of the story is true and how much of it Hollywood just dramatizes for their "artistic liberties". Either way, I enjoyed the film. I thought Zachary Levi did a good job in the role. Also, I have a funny story (well at least to me) about this movie. Keep in mind my wife is not a fan of football. lol

Me: Comes home with rented movie from Redbox
Wife: "What's this movie"
Me: "It's American Underdog. It's about NFL QB Kurt Warner and how he went from grocery stocker to Super Bowl MVP"
Wife: "Well, this sounds like a YOU movie"
Me: "Ok, figured, but I wanted to see it" Throws movie in Blu-ray player.
Wife: Lays on couch playing on her phone. I notice her frequently looking up. Starts asking about Kurt Warner.
Me: Falls asleep on couch because I'm getting old.
Wife: "Babe, you should just go to bed."
Me: "Yeah, I am tired." Gets up. Turns off movie.
Wife: "What are you doing? I'm going to stay up"
Me: "Ok, but I figured you would want to watch something more up your alley"
Wife: "Yeah, but I am already invested in this movie"
Me: A bit shocked, but ok. Turns movie back on. Goes to bed.
Wife: Comes to bed a little later. "That was a good movie and story!"
Me: :cool:
Also Me: "doesn't like football huh?" :muttley:

*Oh and I finished the movie this morning.

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Gonna trick the wife into it too. I know she’ll like it. She’ll give me grief claiming I’m trying to turn her into my sports buds, but I know she’ll like it. Anything I can do to secretly get her to like football more. I won’t lie, actually got a tear or two at the end of that one, just a great story to watch told so humbly. I already knew the entire story, but my respect for Warner is even higher now.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Madman" (1981)

Not a bad early 80's horror flick.

It's one of the few early 80's horror films I had not seen until tonight.

Typical horror movie plot... Summer camp... Murderer running loose.

Typical acting and special effects for the time period. Not great, not horrible either.

The best part of the movie was that it felt like early 80's horror.

IMDB gives it a 5.1 rating.

I'd give it 5/10

Oh one interesting point about the movie is that it co-stars Gaylen Ross.

Who's Gaylen Ross?

She played the female lead in George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" a couple years earlier.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
1nRcJUF.png

5.25 of 10.00

I liked the first 10 minutes, the goats (even though they were annoying), Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth as the Thors (especially Portman), and the second ending credits cut scene (after all credits ran).

End of review.

Get out M. Night Shyamalan. I have someone new for my director skillet.

kiszYYg.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
1nRcJUF.png

5.25 of 10.00

I liked the first 10 minutes, the goats (even though they were annoying), Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth as the Thors (especially Portman), and the second ending credits cut scene (after all credits ran).

End of review.

Get out M. Night Shyamalan. I have someone new for my director skillet.

kiszYYg.gif

Wow. That’s harsh! Especially from you!

I enjoyed it much more than you did. I’d give it an 8 out of 10. Sometimes it’s just nice to laugh and have fun.