Rate the last movie you saw

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Terror on the Prarie 6/10 - Thought it was a decent movie and love that the Daily Wire hired Gina Carano after Disney dumped her but she is not a leading actress. The movie was a bit slow and she struggled to carry it in my opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Encanto (2021)
gLH6Kmm.png

8.25 of 10.00

Family is individuals.
Family is about death. And life.
Family is embracing your relatives. Quirks and all.
Family is not only forgiving others you love but forgiving yourself as well.

Disney Animation has pushed out dozens of family films for decades. Encanto is a special film about what family really means. :starspin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Encanto (2021)
gLH6Kmm.png

8.25 of 10.00

Family is individuals.
Family is about death. And life.
Family is embracing your relatives. Quirks and all.
Family is not only forgiving others you love but forgiving yourself as well.

Disney Animation has pushed out dozens of family films for decades. Encanto is a special film about what family really means. :starspin:

Just don’t talk about Bruno!
:laugh:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This one was pretty good. Crazy what goes on behind bars.
Rating: B- Avery (Richard T. Jones) has finally gotten his life back on track. A competitive swimmer, he had to drop out of college to support his girlfriend, Krista (Melissa De Sousa), and their son, Jordan. He's back on the swim-meet circuit, and starting to have some success. When he's approached by a college scout after winning his latest race, he goes out to celebrate with his friends, Cashmere (Gabriel Casseus) and Dre. In an instant, Avery's luck is about to run out.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Mist.... currently on Netflix's Top 10 Movie list. Came out almost 20 years ago? Stars Thomas Jane, remember him? The Punisher.

Was okay at first, the CGI is VERY dated. One of those movies that I fast forwarded just to see what the horror mystery was at the end.

Very much like a Cloverfield movie, with a worse story and much worse special effects. 5/10.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
1nRcJUF.png

5.25 of 10.00

I liked the first 10 minutes, the goats (even though they were annoying), Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth as the Thors (especially Portman), and the second ending credits cut scene (after all credits ran).

End of review.

Get out M. Night Shyamalan. I have someone new for my director skillet.

kiszYYg.gif

As an actor though, he was a great corporate bad guy type in the recent blockbuster, Free Guy. :thumbup:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Howard's Mill" (2021)

Interesting concept...

Combines the format of a "True Crime" reality show with some science fiction and horror thrown in.

Overall the folks behind the film did a good job putting it together.

IMDB has rated it 6.0

I'm good with that.

Right now you can watch it for free on Tubi.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
1nRcJUF.png

5.25 of 10.00

I liked the first 10 minutes, the goats (even though they were annoying), Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth as the Thors (especially Portman), and the second ending credits cut scene (after all credits ran).

End of review.

Get out M. Night Shyamalan. I have someone new for my director skillet.

kiszYYg.gif
Thank you. It's been awhile since I've seen a Marvel movie and I was scratching my head after I watched it? I felt I HAD to like it, but I did not at all.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Averageness - Kinda disappointed considering the build-up and hype for this movie. It seems like there was some missed or unexplored opportunities that could have made this a really good movie, but instead opted for kinda bland and average, definitely not as good as the first one. They probably just should have used this for WandaVision Season 2 which probably could have made for a great season. It's fine for a popcorn movie, but not really as a Summer blockbuster. 6/10

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Averageness - Kinda disappointed considering the build-up and hype for this movie. It seems like there was some missed or unexplored opportunities that could have made this a really good movie, but instead opted for kinda bland and average, definitely not as good as the first one. They probably just should have used this for WandaVision Season 2 which probably could have made for a great season. It's fine for a popcorn movie, but not really as a Summer blockbuster. 6/10

I thought Dr Strange 2 was terrible. Thor 4 was no better. Both had bad stories, poor CGI, and in some instances no explanation as to why some things happened. They also had a lot of bad acting. I thought Christian Bale was good, but they didn't give his character enough to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tried watching this and gave up. Disney is just trying to capitalize and that is apparent to me.

John813

Reaction score
Thor 4 was rushed in the key areas, misused Gorr(too little screen time for an actor of Bales ability) and tried too hard on making jokes/being too goofy at times.
Not sure if Waiki was serious on a 4 hour cut, but this felt close to a DC level edit.

But so far IMO phase 4 has been a dud. Shang-Chi was good as a stand alone but can't say I'm hyped about it.

Can't wait to see how bad Black Panther is without Boseman

I thought Dr Strange 2 was terrible. Thor 4 was no better. Both had bad stories, poor CGI, and in some instances no explanation as to why some things happened. They also had a lot of bad acting. I thought Christian Bale was good, but they didn't give his character enough to do.

Strange on second thought really had bad plot holes/story line. Honestly, I would be fine not watching it again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thor 4 was rushed in the key areas, misused Gorr(too little screen time for an actor of Bales ability) and tried too hard on making jokes/being too goofy at times.
Not sure if Waiki was serious on a 4 hour cut, but this felt close to a DC level edit.
These are observations I agree with and want to re-emphasize. In my opinion, too many scenes were mashed together without good transition. The pre-release hype was all about Gorr the God Butcher and the movie did not come remotely close to matching it.

And I will take the joke delivery a step farther. I am on record in this thread about the comedy being too forced and lacks proper timing in Thor: Ragnarok. Enough people (talking about worldwide audience) who watched that movie disagreed. Waititi's jokey-joke style was even worse in this movie.

I fully expect Thor: Love and Thunder will track as well or better than its predecessor though. Hope it does. It is a reminder for me that everyone does not appreciate the same kind of humor. That is something I need to always keep in mind for my own sanity's sake.

Hopefully, Waititi will refrain from signing off on a director's cut. I do not want to risk getting sucked into another possible round of eyerolling.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I re-watched "The Exorcist" still a great movie but does feel a little dated. There's supposed to be a remake/sequel trilogy next year, should be interesting how it comes out. 9.5/10

Creeper

Reaction score
Just watched Red Notice. It was okay. Typical Ryan Reynolds. Typical The Rock. But there is a short scene near the end of the movie of Gal Gadot climbing out of the water and on to a boat that makes the rest of the movie worth watching. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Red Notice. It was okay. Typical Ryan Reynolds. Typical The Rock. But there is a short scene near the end of the movie of Gal Gadot climbing out of the water and on to a boat that makes the rest of the movie worth watching. :thumbup:
Yeah, if you go into it expecting a serious movie, you'll be sadly disappointed. It's a fun watch, but I wouldn't skip mowing the lawn for it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, if you go into it expecting a serious movie, you'll be sadly disappointed. It's a fun watch, but I wouldn't skip mowing the lawn for it.
Johnson has gone the way of Schwarzenegger for me. Go the action route and stay away from too much dialogue and never depend on acting.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Jurassic World: Dominion - 2/10. Stay clear, it's the worst movie of the franchise and severely lacking on all fronts. The effects were terrible. The dialogue was embarrassing and virtually no story line minus some cheap throwbacks. Beyond unrealistic.