Rate the last movie you saw

quickccc

Reaction score
Sorry, but i was disappointed in Love and Thunder, as with a earlier post best put it .. it's no Ragnorak !
Same director, far different, lesser effect and results.
Now i can see why Rotten Tomatoes gave a 67% ... and that alone may have been generous.

Seems director Taika Waitatiti put everything he had into Ragnorak, ..and really had nuthin' left in Love and Thunder.
Because he surely did not give to Love Thunder that was warranted.

This film may me much feel like Captain Marvel film, that clearly banked off and rode the back of success related to Infinity War- Avengers ..
Same with Love & Thunder piggy back riding off Ragnorak. :oops:

Spoiler alert
-

Too much of the movie persist of Jane- Thor- Foster. This was an utter mess. i'm still confused in how she became " Thor" and married to " Mjolnir" .. Thor's uru hammer. She obtained my Mjolnir and Thor's powers merely " by Mjolnir calling" her ?

Ragnorak had a great blend of action scenes and spots of comedy, cameo appearances while Love and Thunder was way too much comedy, over the top corkiness
and the action sequences was ordinary. and ho-hum.
Bales' villainous Gorr was forgettable and the finale ending made it worthless and whadda hell finish. ..

This is an above average superhero flick at best. (and that'd being generous) .. And not a memorable classic, imo.
On a scale of 1 to 10... i'd give Love and thunder an 6.0

LOVE AND THUNDER .....
723571f495b8053e7d58b14b7c8d9d77.jpg

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Sorry, but i was disappointed in Love and Thunder, as with a earlier post best put it .. it's no Ragnorak !
Same director, far different, lesser effect and results.
Now i can see why Rotten Tomatoes gave a 67% ... and that alone may have been generous.

Seems director Taika Waitatiti put everything he had into Ragnorak, ..and really had nuthin' left in Love and Thunder.
Because he surely did not give to Love Thunder that was warranted.

This film may me much feel like Captain Marvel film, that clearly banked off and rode the back of success related to Infinity War- Avengers ..
Same with Love & Thunder piggy back riding off Ragnorak. :oops:

Spoiler alert
-

Too much of the movie persist of Jane- Thor- Foster. This was an utter mess. i'm still confused in how she became " Thor" and married to " Mjolnir" .. Thor's uru hammer. She obtained my Mjolnir and Thor's powers merely " by Mjolnir calling" her ?

Ragnorak had a great blend of action scenes and spots of comedy, cameo appearances while Love and Thunder was way too much comedy, over the top corkiness
and the action sequences was ordinary. and ho-hum.
Bales' villainous Gorr was forgettable and the finale ending made it worthless and whadda hell finish. ..

This is an above average superhero flick at best. (and that'd being generous) .. And not a memorable classic, imo.
On a scale of 1 to 10... i'd give Love and thunder an 6.0

LOVE AND THUNDER .....
723571f495b8053e7d58b14b7c8d9d77.jpg

I haven't seen it, but women in movies the last few years have been defying all of human history and reality, taking a dominant role, and becoming as strong or stronger than men. T.V. "programming"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Railway Man" (2012)

Based on the true story of a British POW during WWII attempting to come to grips with what happened to him nearly 4 decades later.

Some acting "heavy hitters" in this one like Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman.

A good film that could have been a great film. The transitioning between the current world and the flashbacks could have been handled better. Thought the story was a little far-fetched in places.

The acting as you can guess was very good.

Worth seeing if you haven't.

6.5/10

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Cabin Fever" (2016)

I'm a big fan of the original made in 2002.

I believe it was the directorial debut of Eli Roth.

That version balanced serious horror with comedic undertones.

The 2016 version is much darker.

The problem is that it's an almost shot for shot copy of the original except the positioning of the actors is reversed.

Also many of the line used in the 2002 film made it into the 2016 version– keeping in mind the 2002 version did have some light comedy to it.

The result being the lines came off much better in the 2002 film than with the more serious nature of the 2016 film.

Also I thought the actors in the 2002 film were a better fit.

For me the 2002 film is an entertaining watch... I've seen it several times.

I rate the 2002 film 6.25/10

The 2016 film is a 4.0 in my book. Only worth watching if you want to compare it to the 2002 film.

Them

Reaction score
...Recently watched a movie online named "Identical."...story about a poor couple who have twins during the Depression...They choose to give one baby up to a Preacher man and his wife...The story goes on about how they are the same in many ways, yet live completely different lifes....I couldn't help but think of Elvis as I watched this movie...It was better than I expected...I give it 8 Probes...

arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg
arJJc5z.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"In the Forest" (2022)

Interesting premise that could have been very good.

The ending was abrupt and disjointed.

Low budget movie with OK acting (for a low-budget flick) but suffers with plot-holes.

But it did hold my attention.

4.5 out of 10.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched "Near Dark" It's a late 80's vampire flick, never seen it before. A small group of vampires go on a rampage in Oklahoma and Texas. It was OK, had Bill Paxton in it, so that's a plus. 5.5/10

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched "Red Notice" it was alright, nothing special. The Rock being The Rock, Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds and some Gal Gadot eye candy, just one of those turn your brain off movies. 6/10

John813

Reaction score
Watched The Cursed (2022 film)

7 out of 10. Felt rushed at the end, but I enjoyed the plot and the general story line.
Cool werewolf type of mythology

Obviously don't watch if you haven't watched Dr. Strange 2.
But this perfectly captures my thoughts on this movie. Can admit I'm still annoyed by how Marvel made this movie.
I don't need comic movies to make perfect sense, but to me they really dropped the ball on Wanda in this film.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched The Cursed (2022 film)

7 out of 10. Felt rushed at the end, but I enjoyed the plot and the general story line.
Cool werewolf type of mythology.
I was disappointed in the movie too, but if it were basically the same movie, with different characters replacing the Marvel characters, it probably would be much better received.

I think we've come to expect too much from the MCU, so if it doesn't live up to the previous installments, it looks like a failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was disappointed in the movie too, but if it were basically the same movie, with different characters replacing the Marvel characters, it probably would be much better received.

I think we've come to expect too much from the MCU, so if it doesn't live up to the previous installments, it looks like a failure.

Or maybe their previous track record of success has set a high bar of expectations that they themselves can’t always live up to?

John813

Reaction score
Or maybe their previous track record of success has set a high bar of expectations that they themselves can’t always live up to?

They certainly set a high bar from Phase-1 through 3. Sure there were a few let downs along the way but the building of the huge plot and casting was near perfect. Character development I thought was a bit better. I thought along the way they rushed on certain villains or killed them off too fast but overall they were enjoyable flicks. And actors like RDJ and Evans wanting out definitely made Marvel have to retool the series going forward without most of the Avengers crew.

I think what was interesting with Dr Strange 2 was that in order to not be confused with the plot you had to watch Wandavision(which I did) but it leaves a question mark for the causal movie goer who never knew Wanda had kids if they just watched the films. IIRC it's the first film to "build" upon a series. But then Sam Raimi admits he didn't even watch Wandavision.
I feel like I'm going to get banned from this thread for posting spoilers so I'll try to be more aware when I post lol.
They sort of had Wanda going back and forth between evil villain and then trying to show her pain back and forth. Massacre a handful of students at Kamar-Taj then tries to explain her reasonings to Strange and Wong. Doesn't kill them though. I think it was the plot holes/meh writing/stupid actions by characters to get what they wanted in a certain scene that just took the enjoyment out of the movie. She sees her kids in other universes and can join them by maybe befriending America. But wait, w what if they get sick??? Then she has to jump universes, therefore she must steal those powers, but she can alter superhumans to lose their mouth or turn them into spaghetti, but she can't cure her kid in a huge what if scenario?

Also the fact it seemed like it should of been a Wanda movie instead.

Maybe, or I would of thought DC made the movie if it was different cast lol.
As I posted above in spoiler 2, it just seemed like they didn't care to fine tune the movie and the actions seemed(really) out of place at times.
She's the most powerful sorcerer and can have people vanish through the ground from a reflection but then when the plot needs it she'll detune her powers for a fight scene so America can be freed from her cell. Or Dr. Strange being emotionless then entire flick. Or the trio leaving the door open once they reached the magical book. Or Wong not tricking her when he said he knew where the darkhold was really inscripted etc...

Feels like we are really entering the quantity phase of Marvel.
I know some got upset on how Hulk was nerfed in phase-3 vs Thanos and I could see their point there so it's not like Marvel made flawless movies in regards to their characters.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They certainly set a high bar from Phase-1 through 3. Sure there were a few let downs along the way but the building of the huge plot and casting was near perfect. Character development I thought was a bit better. I thought along the way they rushed on certain villains or killed them off too fast but overall they were enjoyable flicks. And actors like RDJ and Evans wanting out definitely made Marvel have to retool the series going forward without most of the Avengers crew.

I think what was interesting with Dr Strange 2 was that in order to not be confused with the plot you had to watch Wandavision(which I did) but it leaves a question mark for the causal movie goer who never knew Wanda had kids if they just watched the films. IIRC it's the first film to "build" upon a series. But then Sam Raimi admits he didn't even watch Wandavision.
I feel like I'm going to get banned from this thread for posting spoilers so I'll try to be more aware when I post lol.
They sort of had Wanda going back and forth between evil villain and then trying to show her pain back and forth. Massacre a handful of students at Kamar-Taj then tries to explain her reasonings to Strange and Wong. Doesn't kill them though. I think it was the plot holes/meh writing/stupid actions by characters to get what they wanted in a certain scene that just took the enjoyment out of the movie. She sees her kids in other universes and can join them by maybe befriending America. But wait, w what if they get sick??? Then she has to jump universes, therefore she must steal those powers, but she can alter superhumans to lose their mouth or turn them into spaghetti, but she can't cure her kid in a huge what if scenario?

As I posted above in spoiler 2, it just seemed like they didn't care to fine tune the movie and the actions seemed(really) out of place at times.
She's the most powerful sorcerer and can have people vanish through the ground from a reflection but then when the plot needs it she'll detune her powers for a fight scene so America can be freed from her cell. Or Dr. Strange being emotionless then entire flick. Or the trio leaving the door open once they reached the magical book. Or Wong not tricking her when he said he knew where the darkhold was really inscripted etc...

I know some got upset on how Hulk was nerfed in phase-3 vs Thanos and I could see their point there so it's not like Marvel made flawless movies in regards to their characters.

Its a bit of an awkward transition in my book, and sone of that may be attributed to the fact that they’ve overextended themselves with so many movies and films being worked on concurrently.

Going into Phase Four, I had expressed some concerns over the character choices they were making. Based on overall response, my concerns have been confirmed.

I think Phase Five needs to focus on more ‘heavy hitters’ rather than any more of the ‘D-list characters’ we’ve gotten lately.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I'm with you on a lot of that, the visuals were nice, but the story was weak, too many head scratching moments. They could have made that into WandaVision season 2 and probably would have come out better.

I'm starting to lose some faith with the MCU, before I couldn't wait for a new Movie or show, but I'm at the point that'll I'll watch it when I get some time. They have raised the bar, but I also don't expect a big blockbuster like Endgame either. Just give me an engaging story and characters I want to care about and not just feel like a checklist of ideas.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I finally decided to watch "Morbius". It wasn't as bad as I expected, not good either. Really just felt boring, more than anything else, which is a shame, it could have been kinda cool. Jared Leto, very underwhelming. Not sure exactly why, but even though this is a fairly recent release, it feels like this movie is 15-20 years old. 5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched latest Jurassic Park movie. If you liked the last few you will enjoy this one.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched "Reign Of Fire" (2002) Stars Christian Bale, Gerard Butler, and Matthew McConaughey and dragons get awakened from hibernation while a crew is drilling a new railway tunnel in London. Several heavyweight actors and dragons, what's not to like, I'm willing to accept the premise. It just has so many plot holes and big plot holes, big enough to fly a dragon through, too much of it didn't make an sense. I really wanted to like it too....... :( 4/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched "Reign Of Fire" (2002) Stars Christian Bale, Gerard Butler, and Matthew McConaughey and dragons get awakened from hibernation while a crew is drilling a new railway tunnel in London. Several heavyweight actors and dragons, what's not to like, I'm willing to accept the premise. It just has so many plot holes and big plot holes, big enough to fly a dragon through, too much of it didn't make an sense. I really wanted to like it too....... :( 4/10
Yeah, it was pretty bad.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Non-Stop with Liam Neeson.

Came out a few months ago, is on HBO Max right now.

Heard about it on a Bill Burr podcast making fun of his buddy who wanted to go see it at the theater. Sounded like a cool plot so I found it and watched. LOL

The plot is Liam Neeson is an air marshall on a plane and an anonymous hijacker threatens to kill someone on the plane every 20 minutes unless $150 million is wired into an account. Got the same intense Taken action with Liam, and a little bit of a murder mystery because you don't know who it is and people are dying in mysterious ways.

Overall, I'd say probably 6.5/10. Taken is better. But it has its moments.