Rate the last movie you saw

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Non-Stop with Liam Neeson.

Came out a few months ago, is on HBO Max right now.

Heard about it on a Bill Burr podcast making fun of his buddy who wanted to go see it at the theater. Sounded like a cool plot so I found it and watched. LOL

The plot is Liam Neeson is an air marshall on a plane and an anonymous hijacker threatens to kill someone on the plane every 20 minutes unless $150 million is wired into an account. Got the same intense Taken action with Liam, and a little bit of a murder mystery because you don't know who it is and people are dying in mysterious ways.

Overall, I'd say probably 6.5/10. Taken is better. But it has its moments.
Can't recall the name but he followed that up with one on a train.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Game of Death" (2017)

Brutally violent movie.

Some overtones of the 2000 cult hit "Battle Royale".

Basically some Millennials play a game and are forced to kill innocents in order to keep from dying themselves.

A throwback to the "Friday the 13th" movies of the 80's in that some may enjoy seeing the Millennials get dusted due to their irritating personalities.

4.5 for me.

But if you enjoy over-the-top violence you'll enjoy this one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Game of Death" (2017)

Brutally violent movie.

Some overtones of the 2000 cult hit "Battle Royale".

Basically some Millennials play a game and are forced to kill innocents in order to keep from dying themselves.

A throwback to the "Friday the 13th" movies of the 80's in that some may enjoy seeing the Millennials get dusted due to their irritating personalities.

4.5 for me.

But if you enjoy over-the-top violence you'll enjoy this one.

Your tastes in movies surprises me. They seem to run counter to the side of you that I know.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your tastes in movies surprises me. They seem to run counter to the side of you that I know.

Sometimes I'm too far into a movie to stop it... LOL

What I've been doing lately is going to the horror category of Tubi and going down their huge list of titles...

I look up the titles on IMDB and see what the rating is.

If it's 4.5 or better I'll give it a go.

If I recall "Game of Death" was rated 5.2 (which seems high to me)

The film I compare it to "Battle Royale" is rated 7.6 (which seems about right–it's a very good film even though the topic is extremely "dark")

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shazam! (2019)
x6qei5V.png

7.50 of 10.00

A better family movie than I had imagined. I loved the foster kids, especially the youngest girl. The movie flowed okay until finally taking off for me at the pivotal Billy/mom scene. The final cafeteria scene was great. And the Santa scenes flat out made my day.

Personally, I would have cast the young actor playing Freddy as a more believable 14-year old. Mark Strong as the villain started out fantastic in the first few minutes after gaining power. He was very cold-blooded, which surprised me within an obvious family friendly movie, then his blood warmed up considerably. One of just a couple of good things about 2011's Green Lantern was Strong's performance as Sinestro. I initially thought he would be better in this movie.

I still would not have cast Zachary Levi as the main superhero. The jokes and puns were moderate throughout the movie.

Two ending credits cut scenes. First one was alright. The second one was idiotic.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Finally watched Matrix Resurrection and glad I waited. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, considering all the bad to lukewarm reviews, but that had a lot to do with tempering my expectations. Kinda of a mixed bag, some things I liked, plenty I didn't, but it was always going to be a tall task to live up to the original. 5.5/10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The_Gray_Man_poster.png

I watched ‘The Gray Man’ last night and really enjoyed it. The Russo Brothers directed it and I got a lot of ‘Winter Soldier’ vibes from it. That’s a very good thing in my opinion. A roller coaster ride of action with sone twists and turns along the way.

8.5 out of 10 for me.

Creeper

Reaction score
"Better Off Dead" was on the other night and of course I watched it! I don't know why but I really enjoy that movie. It's a silly 1980s teen movie with a young John Cusack in the lead but still a fun watch.

I can't give it more than a 5 out of 10 on principle, but I still like it a lot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Better Off Dead" was on the other night and of course I watched it! I don't know why but I really enjoy that movie. It's a silly 1980s teen movie with a young John Cusack in the lead but still a fun watch.

I can't give it more than a 5 out of 10 on principle, but I still like it a lot.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNLkvdQZZwy__Boc1q8c80fnK3Ji6fPe4mHA&usqp=CAU

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

"I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky."

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I watched "Monster Hunter" which is based on the video games, but never played them, so can't say how close to the game it was. It stars Milla Jovovich, Tony Jaa and Ron Perlman. A military patrol out in the desert gets caught in a big storm that transports them another world and there's giant monsters. It's OK, not great, but definitely have seen worse, kinda goes the way you expect a movie like this to go. I like the stars, so it was alright. 5/10

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Nope. 2/10. Good acting and directing, but hated it. Really disappointing, because I love Get Out and Us. Just a big boring stinker.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watched "Olympus has Fallen" tonight. I generally like Gerard Butler but this is one hot mess of a movie. I get that it is just supposed to be a mindless action drama but at least try to make sense.

A total waste of Morgan Freeman who deserves better.

I give this one a 3 of 10, although it is better than White House down with Channing Tatum. In that one they wasted James Woods, another one of my favorite actors.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Watched "Olympus has Fallen" tonight. I generally like Gerard Butler but this is one hot mess of a movie. I get that it is just supposed to be a mindless action drama but at least try to make sense.

I give this one a 3 of 10, although it is better than White House down with Channing Tatum. In that one they wasted James Woods, another one of my favorite actors.

I thought the fighting in it was really good and thought butler played the role well. I actually liked it. I did not like the white house down one

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One of these films was the rarity that was so stupid and unbelievable that I had to quickly stop watching. One of them had a plane fly towards the capital, somehow hitting every target. Two minutes in? I was done. I’m not having my intelligence insulted for two hours.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
One of these films was the rarity that was so stupid and unbelievable that I had to quickly stop watching. One of them had a plane fly towards the capital, somehow hitting every target. Two minutes in? I was done. I’m not having my intelligence insulted for two hours.

The battle to take control of the white house was great. It must suck to have your intelligence because you would be forced to hate pretty much all action films.

korean pilots were hardcore

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The battle to take control of the white house was great. It must suck to have your intelligence because you would be forced to hate pretty much all action films.

Just the trash.

But you go ahead and enjoy it.
:thumbup:

Creeper

Reaction score

I don't know, how much intelligence does it take to know to find cover when 30 guys with machine guns are running towards you firing on full auto? We haven't lined up in picket lines out in the open since the Civil War.

But I get it. You have to suspend disbelief when you watch these movies. It is about the action not the realism.

Creeper

Reaction score
give me your top 5 realistic action movies that dont insult your intelligence

None of them are realistic because the main characters are usually unrealistic. But some are not as ridiculous as others. I usually watch them all to the end, but I understand how infuriating some of these movies are with their complete lack of common sense.

Hint: When the fate of the entire world is at stake, no single individual is so important to risk annihilation, even the president of the US with or without his cabinet.