Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried to watch the new Antman movie and couldn’t make it past the first 30 minutes or so. All of the over the top woke stuff slapping me in the face made me disinterested. Even without that, it was just a crap movie.

I think I’m out on marvel movies. It was a good ride.
I made it in about 30 or so minutes in before opting out as well.
Not for the reasons you mentioned, that stuff does not trigger me.
Frankly it was just boring and too much cgi. I would imagine if I had just took a tab of acid I would watch it in a glorius stupor lol.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - I was actually pleasantly surprised. The trailers didn't do much to excite me (especially with that "It's called capitalism." line), but this was a mostly enjoyable ride, though perhaps slightly overlong. The CGI could use some work (I find it somewhat odd that free apps on our phone can sometimes do better facial mapping than major studios). Some of it was really bad (like, some similar effects I thought were bad in 1997 for Titanic were better than some moments here - ex. figure running on train shown from a distance). But that line from the trailer, some poor cgi, and perhaps a kind of at times annoying character (the female lead) aside, I found it to be a fun time.

One other exception. There is a scene late in the movie where the characters are having bugs crawl on them, and Indy acts very out of character. Similar has happened to him in the past and he just brushes them off like nothing. But here he almost acted like a scared little girl. I'm not really sure what the point of it was.
I do not dislike any of the Indy movies per se. However I do find some I like better than others.
It is probably just a coincidence however I do find that I like one more, meh on the next one, like the next one.

First movie loved it
Second movie meh
Third movie Loved it
Fourth movie meh
So I am hoping this one is a loved it movie in the franchise for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buddy Games - Ok comedy. Group of middle age guys doing buddy games to keep their friendship.
Some low brow gags and jokes but not a bad movie for what it was

Oddly enough I was shocked to see it had a sequel
Buddy Games Spring Awakening - Same group of guys minus one guy. Liked the first one better but this one again had some funny low brow scenes. There was one line that started out with, you might not be that hungry followed up by another line that had me rolling for those that may have seen it.

Neither movie is great but if you are bored and are ok with that kind of thing it wastes some time.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I made it in about 30 or so minutes in before opting out as well.
Not for the reasons you mentioned, that stuff does not trigger me.
Frankly it was just boring and too much cgi. I would imagine if I had just took a tab of acid I would watch it in a glorius stupor lol.
It doesn’t trigger me, just the trope of super genius girl knowing literally everything about quantum physics when she’s ~18 has been done too much in the recent Marvel movies. That, combined with the boring plot and “save the natives” narrative didn’t do it for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The African Queen - Just one of those movies that I never got around to watch. Its free on Plutotv now so I watched it. Good movie but honestly I do not think is one of those great movies like Ben Hur or the Ten Commandments.
Actually liked Hepburn better in Rooster Cogburn.

I imagine if I would have seen it some years ago and watched it again I would have enjoyed it more but who knows. Still a good movie but just not great IMO.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The African Queen - Just one of those movies that I never got around to watch. Its free on Plutotv now so I watched it. Good movie but honestly I do not think is one of those great movies like Ben Hur or the Ten Commandments.
Actually liked Hepburn better in Rooster Cogburn.

I imagine if I would have seen it some years ago and watched it again I would have enjoyed it more but who knows. Still a good movie but just not great IMO.
I was never much of a Bogart fan. When he tries to be intimidating, it's very cringe. I think his head was half his body weight.

His role in The African Queen was better suited to him, IMO, but I found the movie to be corny, and the chemistry between him and Hepburn was nonexistent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not dislike any of the Indy movies per se. However I do find some I like better than others.
It is probably just a coincidence however I do find that I like one more, meh on the next one, like the next one.

First movie loved it
Second movie meh
Third movie Loved it
Fourth movie meh
So I am hoping this one is a loved it movie in the franchise for me.
Kate Capshaw, Spielberg's new squeeze at the time, ruined the 2nd one for me, can't stand her screams and she couldn't act....at least in front of the camera.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kate Capshaw, Spielberg's new squeeze at the time, ruined the 2nd one for me, can't stand her screams and she couldn't act....at least in front of the camera.
I just went to an Indiana Jones trivia night and one of the questions asked was ‘How many times does Kate Capshaw’s character scream in Temple of Doom?’

We answered 20-something. Turns out it was like 71!
:omg:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just went to an Indiana Jones trivia night and one of the questions asked was ‘How many times does Kate Capshaw’s character scream in Temple of Doom?’

We answered 20-something. Turns out it was like 71!
:omg:
70 was plenty enough.

Creeper

Reaction score
Extraction 2:

I'll join the club and say I really enjoyed this one. It had some great action sequences, a very solid story, and some great visuals.

I absolutely love the no nonsense approach Tyler takes. Especially when he goes to the airport for the final showdown. He doesn't F around with sneaking in. He just comes in and gets things done!

This was a worthy movie!
I have said it before and I will say it again, no one in real life drops their gun in a stalemate situation. Dropping your gun means you and the hostage are both going to die. In the movies, the good guys always drop their guns to save a hostage but all that does is allow the bad guy to shoot them, and the hostage. Hollywood needs to come up with a new scenario where the good guys says "no, I am not going to drop my gun. You drop yours!"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
large_indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-movie-poster-2023.jpeg

As a lifelong fan, I couldn’t wait to get out to see this one in theaters. I’m saddened to see so many films struggling at the box office.

I thought it was a welcomed addition to the franchise and a much better farewell for the characters than if things ended with the divisive Crystal Skull.

The CGI is good, and the de-aging technology much improved, but it’s still not perfect. If someone wants to nitpick that, they certainly can. I choose to focus on the positives.

I think overall, the film looks great. And every actor gives a solid performance, with Ford (of course!) and Mads Mikkelsen the headliners.

I felt they did a great job of acknowledging Indy’s age, but never asking him to do something he clearly wasn’t capable of doing any longer. I thought they achieved a nice balance.

It was great to see some familiar faces return as well. And thankfully, this one had none of George Lucas’ poor, forced humor.

A fun ride and a sweet send off to an iconic film character. Thanks Indy!

8.5 out of 10.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Creed III. Saw it on the airplane. I thought it was OK. Michael B. Jordan's directing debut was really solid. The fight scenes were good and there were some unique shots. The plot was a little rushed and didn't feel very realistic, but it is the Rocky universe, after all. It's worth a watch. 8/10

Creeper

Reaction score
I was never much of a Bogart fan. When he tries to be intimidating, it's very cringe. I think his head was half his body weight.

His role in The African Queen was better suited to him, IMO, but I found the movie to be corny, and the chemistry between him and Hepburn was nonexistent.
The best Bogart movie I have seen, and I have seen many including Casablanca, I like Sahara the best. The remake with Jim Belushi was pretty good too. In those days they made movies around the stars so Bogart and Hepburn was supposed to be a pretty big deal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best Bogart movie I have seen, and I have seen many including Casablanca, I like Sahara the best. The remake with Jim Belushi was pretty good too. In those days they made movies around the stars so Bogart and Hepburn was supposed to be a pretty big deal.
My favorite Bogart films are "The Harder They Fall" and "The Caine Mutiny". He showed his acting chops in those two.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Blackberry: 9 of 10

Close to the level of Social Network and The Big Short. Maybe not as captivating, but still excellent

Can someone finally get Glenn Howerton his long overdue award!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The Flash" (2023)

We all know the movie has been taking a beating at the box office. There were only the 3 of us in theater for it yesterday.

That being said, I thought it was a good movie!

Comical with some good action sequences.

The story was interesting but a tad complicated which may turn some folks off.

The 2 1/2 hours (well close to 3 hours with previews) went by quickly.

For all the hits the movie has been taking IMDB rates it 7.2, which is pretty good!

I would give it a 7/10.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The Flash" (2023)

We all know the movie has been taking a beating at the box office. There were only the 3 of us in theater for it yesterday.

That being said, I thought it was a good movie!

Comical with some good action sequences.

The story was interesting but a tad complicated which may turn some folks off.

The 2 1/2 hours (well close to 3 hours with previews) went by quickly.

For all the hits the movie has been taking IMDB rates it 7.2, which is pretty good!

I would give it a 7/10.
I want to get out to see it soon before it’s gone. I’m surprised, I expected it would do better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to get out to see it soon before it’s gone. I’m surprised, I expected it would do better.
I am as well.

Given the poor turnout you would think the movie is bad... And nothing could be further from the truth.

Even my wife liked it, and she's not into "super hero" films (we took my son-in-law to it for his birthday).

No, it's not a perfect film by any means, but when the IMDB folks are giving it a 7.2–It should be drawing better at the theaters than what it is.

Yeah, go see it!

It's a good watch!

Last edited: