Rate the last movie you saw

Big_D

Reaction score
I liked his rifle. :laugh: Kylo has the worst luck. Falls asleep on the job, ship crashes, almost everyone dies, and everything wrong that is happening happens JUST before the exact moment the dinosaurs get wacked. :)
At least they escaped in a beaten up ship about 8 seconds before the asteroid destroys the planet plus he found a new daughter to replace the old one. lol That's Hollywood!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sound of Freedom 9/10 My wife and I just returned from watching it. So many times she cried watching it. I got angry knowing stuff like this is happening all over the world and it's so prevalent. The theater was about half full. I don't think any other movie had nearly as many people as this one. I don't understand all the hate from regular media.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched "65" Million Years Ago on Netflix last night. I was expecting something else, I don't know why. I don't get the Adam Driver hype. He is okay but nothing special. In any case I thought some scene were dragged out and too long. I confess, I fast forwarded through a few scenes when I had enough. It's kind of like Jurassic Park meets Star Wars meets every movie where the hero protects a kid from people trying to kill the kid. Some interesting aspects to the story, not exactly original though.

I want to give it a 6out of 10 but I can only go as high as 5.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched "65" Million Years Ago on Netflix last night. I was expecting something else, I don't know why. I don't get the Adam Driver hype. He is okay but nothing special. In any case I thought some scene were dragged out and too long. I confess, I fast forwarded through a few scenes when I had enough. It's kind of like Jurassic Park meets Star Wars meets every movie where the hero protects a kid from people trying to kill the kid. Some interesting aspects to the story, not exactly original though.

I want to give it a 6out of 10 but I can only go as high as 5.
I thought Adam Driver did a great job in Blackkklansman but I don't get the love or the hype for him either. I found his star wars character boring and over played but who knows maybe that was the writing and directing and as I felt the same about the guy playing teen/adult anakin skywalker

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought Adam Driver did a great job in Blackkklansman but I don't get the love or the hype for him either. I found his star wars character boring and over played but who knows maybe that was the writing and directing and as I felt the same about the guy playing teen/adult anakin skywalker
I'd say most of the Star Wars actors overdid it, especially Mark Hamill. You could be right about it being the directors' faults.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Asteroid city 6/10. Im a Wes Anderson fan but his last two movies were barely above the good level.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: Saw on Microsoft tonight that the movie was available to rent. It was $19.99 to rent or $24.99 to purchase, so I just threw down the extra $5 and bought it.

It was really good!! I enjoyed it. It had plenty of action, a solid storyline, and was fun to watch. It's not a movie that is going to blow your mind, but if you go into with the mindset of it just being a science fiction action movie, you should enjoy it. As a disclaimer, I should mention I am a Transformer homer. As somebody who grew up as a kid during the 80s, I might be a bit bias.

Also of note, it looked absolutely fantastic in 4K.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He was great in Marriage Story, but he really needs the right role. He’s better run more of a stage actor role.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched "Lucy" again for about the 20th time yesterday. It is a really interesting concept. Scarlett Johansson doesn't ruin it with her bad acting but she comes close. And Morgan Freeman makes any movie better so it is worth watching.

But it occurred to me, Hollywood writers that try to write about superior beings fail miserably. They lack the imagination to depict a vastly more intelligent brain than current humans possess. They try, but some of what they come up with is just bizarre, not logical or rational. "One and one has never equaled two"? What kind of gibberish is that? Just stop. I am not saying I could do better but it takes some of the best science fiction writers to do it properly. Can't seem to find them in Hollywood these days.

Still, I enjoyed the movie. The 2001 Space Odyssey ending was a bit overdone but the rest of the movie was entertaining. I give it a 7 of 10.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
God is a bullet
Taking matters into his own hands, Detective Bob Hightower tries to infiltrate an evil cult to save his kidnapped daughter and avenge the murder of his wife.

Jamie Lannister from GOT is in this one. Pretty good gritty movie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
God is a bullet
Taking matters into his own hands, Detective Bob Hightower tries to infiltrate an evil cult to save his kidnapped daughter and avenge the murder of his wife.

Jamie Lannister from GOT is in this one. Pretty good gritty movie.
I assume the Concrete Blonde song by the same title is the theme song?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I watched "Lucy" again for about the 20th time yesterday. It is a really interesting concept. Scarlett Johansson doesn't ruin it with her bad acting but she comes close. And Morgan Freeman makes any movie better so it is worth watching.

But it occurred to me, Hollywood writers that try to write about superior beings fail miserably. They lack the imagination to depict a vastly more intelligent brain than current humans possess. They try, but some of what they come up with is just bizarre, not logical or rational. "One and one has never equaled two"? What kind of gibberish is that? Just stop. I am not saying I could do better but it takes some of the best science fiction writers to do it properly. Can't seem to find them in Hollywood these days.

Still, I enjoyed the movie. The 2001 Space Odyssey ending was a bit overdone but the rest of the movie was entertaining. I give it a 7 of 10.
Did you like Limitless with Bradley Cooper? Similar concept, but not an action film. I liked it better.

jsb357

Reaction score
dollar garage sale find DVD

The Caine Mutiny 1954 (for an almost 70 year old movie spoiler alert…duh)

A cold war era movie wrapped around a fictitious Captain that is given command of a derelict Naval vessel during World War II. With some sort of love story wrapped in that in my opinion does nothing for the movie as a whole.

Everyone has seen bits and pieces of this movie and to tell you the truth I remember it being in black & white, which was only kind of TV we had until 1974. Was it colorized? I don’t know for sure.

I did not remember that the Captain displayed obsessive behavior from the day he assumed command.

Once again Fred MacMurray plays an eventual ******* disguised as a nice guy (see The Apartment circa 1960).

Lee Marvin and Claude Akins are the notables in the derelict crew however both with small roles.

The obsessive behavior from the Captain manifest itself in different manners leading to a complete lack of confidence from his officers and crew that eventually leads to the second in command taking over during a dangerous non war situation, a typhoon.

The courtroom drama ensues and we all know the rest as the good Captain can’t control his self and lets loose in a tirade monologue leading to his downfall as the Captain and a 1955 Oscar nomination for Bogart.

I cannot honestly comment on the last scene without bring up issues that some may deem a violation of certain forum rules.

Out of a 10 I am deducting 2 for the closing scene, and 1 for the needless love story wrapped within.

7 of 10 for this legacy classic.