Rate the last movie you saw

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
MI7. Maybe the best Mission Impossible movie. This one combined a lot of elements from all of them. Awesome stunts, some comedy, and some amazing chase scenes. All of the characters were great. 9/10, close to a 10. Delivers exactly what you want if you liked the previous movies.

rags747

Reaction score
It currently has a 91/100 critic score and 90/100 audience score on rotten tomatoes fwiw.

I’m pretty sure I heard what sounded like an atomic bomb going off in the room next door at one point.

It was a great experience at the movies for the first time in a long time. Little kids were there wearing dresses and tiaras, couples were wearing matching pink outfits. It was wild. I haven’t seen a theater that full in a long time.
Couples were wearing matching pink outfits? Guy or girl couples?

rags747

Reaction score
I am curious too. There have been a couple of movies made about the Manhattan Project with Oppenheimer at the center of the story. I Haven't seen this movie yet but I do wonder what the 2023 version of the story is. I hope it's not the argument over whether we should have dropped the bomb or not. That's been done over and over and it is boring now.
2023 version of the story did not really push any narratives that I could see, I could be wrong too. It just showed that Oppenheimer was open to many different ways of thinking as many of the intelligentsia of the day were. I have no problem with that actually. Excellent film imo and the 3 hours did not seem overly long. Also saw Sound of Freedom, Oppenheimer was way better, to me at least.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" (2023)

A good film, but certainly not nearly the film the first couple were.

To be fair, the "Indiana Jones" formula is well understood by just about everyone so there's not much new to "wow" the audience with.

You have lot's of action, with our hero(s) facing what appears to be near death at every turn, but miraculously escape. Meanwhile there's some "supernatural" stuff thrown in and the bad guys "get there's".

I thought the ending was the best part of the film. A much better ending IMO than what we were given at the end of "Crystal Skull".

I gave it a 6.5/10

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was skimming channels last night and came across Slums of Beverly Hills. It is such an underrated movie with a good cast. Anything with Marisa Tomei is worth another watch :grin:

I was looking at the cast and saw that Alan Arkin died a few weeks ago, not sure how I missed that, always liked him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just saw Oppenheimer last night.

I'd give it 8.5 out of 10.

Acting was top notch, and I already knew about Oppenheimer in real life, but there was enough other story line to keep me interested.

But I'd have to say not a movie for kids, three hours long for one, and there are times when there are explosions and other very loud noises that occur throughout the movie that are totally unexpected, might scare the little ones. Some nudity also, albeit briefly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oppenheimer-poster-cillian-murphy.jpg

Oppenheimer - A definite contender for the Oscars at awards time. Masterful filmmaking from Christopher Nolan. It’s no wonder that most everyone wants to work with him. In fact, most of Hollywood makes some manner of appearance in this one!

Great performances all around, with Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr the standouts. Best actor and supporting actor nods in my opinion.

A great film about an incredibly important time in world history.

I enjoyed it very much. 9/10

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oppenheimer - A definite contender for the Oscars at awards time. Masterful filmmaking from Christopher Nolan. It’s no wonder that most everyone wants to work with him. In fact, most of Hollywood makes some manner of appearance in this one!

Great performances all around, with Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr the standouts. Best actor and supporting actor nods in my opinion.

There can be good movies that you will watch multiple times and there are some good movies that you watch once and that will do it for you.

This one looks like a good movie you watch once and that is about it.
For some reason it reminds me of the Imitation Game. Good movie, good acting, good script and direction. But now if I see it listed on something I don't watch it. Just no desire.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Cillian Murphy is long overdue. Emily Blunt too. Seems she has been on the cusp her whole career

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lost City of Z - been wanting to watch this for some time and finally got around to it.
Although an interesting story it really did seem to drag on.

In the end I was like...come on guy, how many times do you expect to test fate and survive.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Talk to me. 8/10. Pretty amazing that a couple of YouTubers made this. Not the greatest ever, but a solid horror movie.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So I saw Barbie today with my wife. My daughters saw it with friends already.

I loved it. I’m not going to lie I cried a few times. I have 3 kids..2 daughters…and we had the dream house snd 50’Barbie dolls. It just struck me how those days were gone. Margot Robbie is not only a gorgeous person but she really conveys a sweetness and empathy that really rings true. It was funny too. I blow off the other stuff because to me it was just a plot line. Overall a great flick 9 of 10

Last night on Netflix I also saw “They Cloned Tyrone.” Incredible. 9.5 out of 10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I saw Barbie today with my wife. My daughters saw it with friends already.

I loved it. I’m not going to lie I cried a few times. I have 3 kids..2 daughters…and we had the dream house snd 50’Barbie dolls. It just struck me how those days were gone. Margot Robbie is not only a gorgeous person but she really conveys a sweetness and empathy that really rings true. It was funny too. I blow off the other stuff because to me it was just a plot line. Overall a great flick 9 of 10

Last night on Netflix I also saw “They Cloned Tyrone.” Incredible. 9.5 out of 10
You had 50 foot Barbie Dolls??

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was an mis tap…50 dolls. Sorry man
Haha. I was trying to figure out if you meant 50 inch dolls, but even that seemed huge, then I thought maybe 5" dolls...Never thought about 50 dolls... That's a whole lotta Barbies!