Rate the last movie you saw

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Lone Wolf McQuade. I'd watched it as a kid and remembered it being pretty cheesy. While it is, it was better than I remembered. 7 of 10 with a full point for the vehicles alone. 83 Ram Charger, 68 GMC Suburban, 69 International Harvester (I had a 73), and a 81 Plymouth Trail Duster. Plus David Carradine and Chuck Norris...can't go wrong.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lone Wolf McQuade. I'd watched it as a kid and remembered it being pretty cheesy. While it is, it was better than I remembered. 7 of 10 with a full point for the vehicles alone. 83 Ram Charger, 68 GMC Suburban, 69 International Harvester (I had a 73), and a 81 Plymouth Trail Duster. Plus David Carradine and Chuck Norris...can't go wrong.
It’s good schlock!
:laugh:

I still like to revisit those 80’s action movies with Norris, Stallone, Van Damme, and Schwarzenegger.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Up next: Delta Force

sulu1701

Reaction score
Watched Back To School over the weekend, still hilarious, miss Rodney
81n3OYkNgmL._RI_.jpg

triplets_93

Reaction score
I've decided, for convenience, to see the Oppenheimer movie on a "small" screen at my neighborhood theater on Tuesday afternoon for $6.50. I will then decide if I want to try for the IMAX 70mm at the Dallas Cinemark, if the run is extended, for the chance of getting other than 1st three rows seating...

‘Oppenheimer’ Cast and Historical Guide: The Real People Behind the First Atomic Bomb

https://variety.com/lists/oppenheimer-cast-guide-manhattan-project/

The one thing you need to know about Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer” is that it moves incredibly fast and covers a lot of ground. For most of its three-hour runtime, the atomic bomb epic can feel as if you’re reading a dense biography about J. Robert Oppenheimer at three times the normal speed. With so many scientist characters orbiting Oppenheimer at light speed, you’d be forgiven for feeling a little lost at times.

To help watch “Oppenheimer” with a bit more clarity, it’s important to know the movie takes place

during three time periods. One timeline is set in 1954 as the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) holds a security hearing to investigate whether or not Oppenheimer (Cillian Murphy) is a Soviet spy. The hearing prompts the film to flash back to the events of Oppenheimer’s life, from his university days to his role in creating the atomic bomb. These portions of the film, shot in color, make up the bulk of “Oppenheimer’s” three-hour runtime.

A third storyline is shot in black and white and takes place in 1959 as Lewis Strauss (Robert Downey Jr.), the former chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, is seeking to become U.S. Secretary of Commerce under President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Strauss finds himself at the center of his own U.S. Senate confirmation hearing, which threatens to expose his involvement in the events of the 1954 timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
[Moved this over from the wrong thread]

Watched Oppenheimer last night.

I’m a big Christopher Nolan fan but I’m not sure this would rank high in my favorite list of his films.

The movie has sort of a feverish pace. I understood the overarching storyline of the film but found the plot(s) difficult to follow.

Granted, by the time I watched it, I was three beers deep and had a headache.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I loved the Die hard movie. the first Die Hard is a classic and I have seen the movie many times and I do not remember much nudity.
It takes place at a christmas party in a new building how much could there be
I don't remember any. Must have blinked. lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last night in Soho - Meh. It had a decent twist and it kept you engaged for some of it but I think I put expectations a little high. I normally like the Edgar Wright movies a little more. That was actually the only reason I gave it a watch to start with. Oh and I noticed the voice before the face of the older lady in the film. Lady Tyrell from Game of Thrones

The Angry Black Girl and her Monster - Modern take on Frankenstein. Middle of the road for me. Acting was decent and the young girl playing the lead did good. Overall just seemed like it could have been done much better. Seemed like a movie that could have been made for netflix although netflix has had better.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Oppenheimer - 6.5/10.

Really disappointed in this one. The narrative felt extremely disjointed and it a lot of it was just not very compelling.

The cast does well, and there are definitely some very engaging sections, but it doesn't all work in the end.

It felt it's 3 hours and then some.

That said, it was MUCH better than the trash known as Barbie.

Barbie - 2/10. Could have been a fun tongue in cheek movie (and there were a few moments it works as one). Unfortunately, it's almost entirely consumed by it's garbage messaging.

Such a disappointing weekend at the movies.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Barbie - 8.2/10

Stacked cast that absolutely killed it, especially Robbie. Very funny and well written. A positive, empowering message for little girls and women. Soundtrack was great, the set design was great.

Mattel really let Greta Gerwig do what she wanted with the movie, and it shows. She aced it.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I'm guessing Barbie is somewhere between the ratings of @Kevinicus and @DoctorChicken .

It currently has a 91/100 critic score and 90/100 audience score on rotten tomatoes fwiw.

I’m pretty sure I heard what sounded like an atomic bomb going off in the room next door at one point.

It was a great experience at the movies for the first time in a long time. Little kids were there wearing dresses and tiaras, couples were wearing matching pink outfits. It was wild. I haven’t seen a theater that full in a long time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It currently has a 91/100 critic score and 90/100 audience score on rotten tomatoes fwiw.

I’m pretty sure I heard what sounded like an atomic bomb going off in the room next door at one point.

It was a great experience at the movies for the first time in a long time. Little kids were there wearing dresses and tiaras, couples were wearing matching pink outfits. It was wild. I haven’t seen a theater that full in a long time.
I’m so glad to hear that.

As a big fan of going to the theater, I was worried about the health of the industry based on some recent box office numbers.

But reading posts like yours and seeing news about a $500 million weekend helps me to feel a bit better about the future of going to the movies.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
[Moved this over from the wrong thread]

Watched Oppenheimer last night.

I’m a big Christopher Nolan fan but I’m not sure this would rank high in my favorite list of his films.

The movie has sort of a feverish pace. I understood the overarching storyline of the film but found the plot(s) difficult to follow.

Granted, by the time I watched it, I was three beers deep and had a headache.
I wanna watch this one. I hear the reel for it is like 11 miles long and weighs over 600 pounds.