Rate the last movie you saw

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Haha. I was trying to figure out if you meant 50 inch dolls, but even that seemed huge, then I thought maybe 5" dolls...Never thought about 50 dolls... That's a whole lotta Barbies!
Yeah we literally had baskets of them filmed to the top. They were everywhere

Creeper

Reaction score
Here's Why Movie Dialogue Has Gotten More Difficult To Understand

https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/he...icult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/
Some actors like to whisper a lot. I think they think is makes their acting seem better. But it sucks.

Also, you see a lot more black screen scenes or scenes where it is very dark and the action in difficult to sort out. It used to be a Hollywood no-no to shows a blank black screen. But I have seen some scenes 10 seconds long which were just a black screen. It is awful. IMO, Hollywood needs a complete purge and lots of new talent.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
John Wick 4.

8/10.

Another great Wick movie where violence is art. Second half better than the first half and some parts hard to understand. That crime family keeps going deeper and deeper. Fantastic ending although can’t really write about it without major spoilers.

Keanu Reeves from Wick to Matrix to Speed, just knows how to do action.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
John Wick 4.

8/10.

Another great Wick movie where violence is art. Second half better than the first half and some parts hard to understand. That crime family keeps going deeper and deeper. Fantastic ending although can’t really write about it without major spoilers.

I was just thinking about the John Wick series today, and thought, "Maybe Hollywood hasn't completely run out of original ideas."

Sure, each movie is pretty similar, but the premise is different than any other movies I can think of.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Insidious Red Door. 7/10

Ok, if you like the franchise. Pretty generic.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
John Wick 4.

8/10.

Keanu is da man :thumbup:

Lutonio

Reaction score
Talk to Me.

Fantastic movie. Loved it. Horror movies work on bell curve where they’re either genuinely good or so terrible they’re funny, and the stuff in the middle has little value. This one was just plain good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dune: Part 1 - 2021

Less corny and better, but much slower than the original. I don't know if they added any scenes, or if they just dragged them out, but I'm not sure I'll watch part 2, when it comes out.

5.5/10

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Talk to Me.

Fantastic movie. Loved it. Horror movies work on bell curve where they’re either genuinely good or so terrible they’re funny, and the stuff in the middle has little value. This one was just plain good.
Just saw it on Sat. Agree, great movie. Really cool story line.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Whale, Paramount+, is very well acted film but I cannot figure out why it was done. Is there a point to be made with this?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Oppy: 7/10. Good movie, but overhyped

I saw it in 70mm Imax. Only about 30% of the movie was in full Imax, so that was disappointing. I thought it was good overall, with great performances, but the pacing and writing was pretty bad. Too many shallow characters and too much exposition. I think with a better writer, it could have been amazing. I'd rank it somewhere around Dunkirk. Good movie, but I don't think I would rewatch it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hidden Strike on Netflix

What an amazingly bad movie that I’ll forget ever existed in a few days :lmao:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gray Matter (2003)
OU8U0Pq.png

6.00 of 10.00

Definitely low budget but stays on the story topic. It is the classic 'serious threat and how the world might deal with it' theme. The science fiction threat itself drew me to the movie. Directing and acting is fair for an Indie film. The movie could have been easily much better with more cash pumped into it just for production design and cinematography.

Garret Dillahunt is likely the most recognizable actor of the main three roles. He has played similar authoritative antagonist roles before. This one suits him well.

I was glad to see Jessica Dukes playing the protective mother. I have not seen much of her work but I think she can do a lot more if given the opportunity.

Mia Isaac is a newcomer I had no clue about. She plays the central role of Aurora. Her onscreen persona is not very strong but that could be due to her youth. I am interested in how her career will grow from this point forward.