Rate the last movie you saw

John813

Reaction score
Many Saints of Newark

6/10

My biggest gripe on the film was using Harold so damn much. I get the role he had in it, time frame of the US in the late 60's, and the actor did a good job in the role, but they really gave a lot of screen time to make him an antagonist, that lives, but never once is he mentioned in, "The Sopranos". Sure, the Sopranos is set in the late 90's early 2000's but you'd think for someone who played such a role back in the 70's and years afterwards, the Sopranos cast never mention him.
Felt like the major antagonist should of been a NY mob member or some screen time to a younger "Shah" who plays a neutral role but sees the disorganization of the DiMeco crime family.

Was cool to see James son play a younger Anthony, but to be honest I wanted more screen time to the younger main characters.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched "Heart of Stone", a Netflix spy movie with Gal Gadot. The movie is sort of a mixture of the "Kingsman" and "True Lies" and, other than Gadot being very pleasing to the eyes, it is not an award winner.

I give it 5/10 and suggest it is the kind of movie you watch when you're stuck at home due to a blizzard or Covid

kskboys

Reaction score
Just watched John Wick 4 for the first time. I guess it was time to end this series because 3 hours of gun fights, sword fights, and hand to hand combat is probably all anyone can take. All together its about 9 hours of the same thing, isn't it?

It is fun I guess for a while but at one point I was asking for it all to end. It didn't. It just kept going. Don't get me wrong. I liked the entire series, but JW4 should have been an hour shorter.
I'm debating on whether I want to even attempt to watch it.

First John Wick was great. Had some good moments and wasn't just a shoot 'em up. 2 and 3 were terrible, no real plot, just ridiculous action. I think I'll just pass.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Silence - This movie is a cross between Reign of Fire and A Quiet Place. The lead male is played by Stanley Tucci. I know nothing of the origins of this movie but it seems to me it is way too similar to A Quiet Place. The movie might have been good had I seen it first, or if A Quiet Place never existed. But different monsters, same story, is not enough to avoid the comparisons. A Quiet Place was better, more original, even more suspenseful. The characters in A Quiet Place were more intelligent, more aware, and that made it more believable that they were able to survive. The monsters were also much more menacing. Stupid people do not survive something like a monster invasion. Tucci and his family are simply too incapable of handling the situation they are in which makes it surprising they last the length of this movie without being eaten.

If you saw A Quiet Place, you will spend the time you watch The Silence, comparing the two movies and noticing the similarities and differences. It is hard not to see The Silence appears to have ripped off A Quiet Place in many ways. Of course, for all I know this one may have been written before A Quiet Place and the ripoff was the other way around. A Silence was made in 2019. A Quiet Place several year before that.

Still The Silence was an okay watch. I will give it a 6.5/10 for entertainment value and a 1 for originality.

The Silence a story about monsters that have been released from an cavern accidentally. They swarm the world spreading from the cities to the most rural areas hunting by sound only. The "monsters" are completely blind. They are a cross between bats, rats, and piranhas. They feed on flesh. Their release into the world, and the fact that they patrol the skies, is reminiscent of the dragons in Reign of Fire. The hunting by sound is straight out of A Quiet Place.

The movie is about a family that leaves their house to head to a very remote destination hoping the creatures killing every living thing will not find them. The family includes the father (Tucci), mother, teenage daughter and younger brother. They also have a mother-in-law and a close family friend played by John Corbett. Corbett plays a man who appears to be a bit more resourceful, and prepared, than Tucci. He has guns and stuff like that, but guns are a problem when noise attracts the monsters. The teenage daughter is deaf, just like the daughter in A Quiet Place, the family knows sign language so they can communicate without talking. It is an amazing ripoff from A Quiet Place. Unlike A Quiet Place, there was no baby to worry about. Instead they had a barking dog, which gets them in trouble early in the movie as you might expect.

One of the issues I had with A Quiet Place, and also in The Silence, is that a deaf person, like the daughters in this movie, are a real danger to the families because they cannot hear the noise they make. The risk is the deaf person can't tell she just alerted the monsters to her presence. A Quiet Place used that to add some suspense to the movie. The Silence ignored the problem.

John813

Reaction score
Reptile.

Pretty good crime/drama noir flick on Netflix.
I thought the very end with Allen and Wally was rushed but overall no complaints.

Good use of mirrors in relation to the characters.

7.5/10

Would watch again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Killer Klowns From Outer Space" (1988)

Had not watched the movie in a while, but caught it last night on Svengoolie...

Low budget but it fit the way the screen play was written and the movie produced.

Not a comedy, but definitely "over the top" with enough gore elements to help contribute to the feeling that "clowns are scary" for many folks.

A couple of the bits I like are the bully biker getting his block knocked off and the clown creating a hand shadow tyrannosaurus rex that eats a group of spectators.

I will say I think the movie has aged well and doesn't look out of place in 2023.

IMDB rates it at 6.2 out of 10.

I'm good with that.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reptile.

Pretty good crime/drama noir flick on Netflix.
I thought the very end with Allen and Wally was rushed but overall no complaints.

Good use of mirrors in relation to the characters.

7.5/10

Would watch again.
Real slow burner. Del Toro was perfect for the role with his sad look and cold eyes.

Creeper

Reaction score
Real slow burner. Del Toro was perfect for the role with his sad look and cold eyes.
I like BDT but there are certain actors who have become their characters. I think Pacino, and DeNiro are like that. Del Toro has become one of those guys too. He likes to appear eccentric. I think if he pushes that a little further, I might not enjoy his acting anymore.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like BDT but there are certain actors who have become their characters. I think Pacino, and DeNiro are like that. Del Toro has become one of those guys too. He likes to appear eccentric. I think if he pushes that a little further, I might not enjoy his acting anymore.
Some actors are like that. You know the types of roles they will play. They do a good job at it but they do not stray far from it.

Used to think Juliette Lewis was so good but then realized most of her roles and characters are basically the same. All with a main course of crazy and side dish of confused.
But she still does that role well in Yellow Jackets series. At least the first season as that is as far as I got.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

there is the old man factor with those guys too.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
"Killer Klowns From Outer Space" (1988)

Had not watched the movie in a while, but caught it last night on Svengoolie...

Low budget but it fit the way the screen play was written and the movie produced.

Not a comedy, but definitely "over the top" with enough gore elements to help contribute to the feeling that "clowns are scary" for many folks.

A couple of the bits I like are the bully biker getting his block knocked off and the clown creating a hand shadow tyrannosaurus rex that eats a group of spectators.

I will say I think the movie has aged well and doesn't look out of place in 2023.

IMDB rates it at 6.2 out of 10.

I'm good with that.
Where’s my Pooh Bear?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking forward to Olds Dads. I know he has been working, but I cant believe I haven't seen Bokeem Woodbine in anything in 20 years. Always though he was an exceptional actor

jwitten82

Reaction score
I saw the Exorcist the believer, it's got a lot of negative reviews but I liked it. I heard it supposed to be a trilogy

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever" (2009)

Sequel to "Cabin Fever" (2002)

"Cabin Fever" (at least the original movie) is one of the better horror films of the first decade of the 21st century. I've watched it several times over the years.

I watched the sequel a couple times.

The story for the sequel is far more "goofy" than the first movie, which ain't a positive.

The sequel takes up where the original leaves off, but none of the main characters of the first film last long into this one.

However, one of the supporting characters of the first film makes an appearance in this one to maintain a little continuity.

Kinda, sorta watchable.

4.3 on IMDB which is maybe a wee bit low.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pet Sematary: Bloodlines

New movie on Paramount

In 1969 a young Jud Crandall and his childhood friends band together to confront an ancient evil that has gripped their hometown of Ludlow.

Idea seems good but it just did not pan out.
Slow, boring and only a small few scenes that are decent.

The original, the Reboot are both better.
This is more like the sequel that sucked.

If you get bored, watch it. Maybe you will like it.
I had been looking forward to it so maybe I had my expectations too high.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Wailing

This is a South Korean horror flick that's about a series of grisly murders by loved ones that contract a mysterious disease in a small village. The police investigate the murders and two of them are drawn deeper into the mystery, both are a bit of bunglers, not very good cops but one of them try at least try to be a good father. It's part horror, part mystery, some goofiness, some folklore, gossips and rumors and some weirdness and quirkiness to it. The cinematography was pretty good, storytelling was unique, it was a little long at 2.5 hours, coulda been shortened a bit, but overall I liked it and liked the ending. 7/10

Creeper

Reaction score
Speak of South Korean movies, "Train to Busan" is a SK zombie apocalypse flick. It's pretty good. Not many guns for a zombie flick which adds to the suspense.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Speak of South Korean movies, "Train to Busan" is a SK zombie apocalypse flick. It's pretty good. Not many guns for a zombie flick which adds to the suspense.
I finally watched that all the way through recently, I had watched parts of it. It was really good, solid zombie flick.