Rate the last movie you saw

visionary

Reaction score
Just watched "Heart of Stone", a Netflix spy movie with Gal Gadot. The movie is sort of a mixture of the "Kingsman" and "True Lies" and, other than Gadot being very pleasing to the eyes, it is not an award winner.

I give it 5/10 and suggest it is the kind of movie you watch when you're stuck at home due to a blizzard or Covid
Ill give it a 4/10
Only for the really desperate

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Just watched "Heart of Stone", a Netflix spy movie with Gal Gadot. The movie is sort of a mixture of the "Kingsman" and "True Lies" and, other than Gadot being very pleasing to the eyes, it is not an award winner.

I give it 5/10 and suggest it is the kind of movie you watch when you're stuck at home due to a blizzard or Covid
One time i was stuck at home due to snow. I checked my mail, and my neighbors netflix dvd was in my slot. I thought about whether I should open it or not. I decided to watch it and take it to their door after, and tell them what I did. I opened it and it was sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. I took it back and put it in the wrong mail slot

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Birds of Prey

Apparently, all men are stupid, selfish, misogynistic, weaklings, and women are badasses who all care about each other, even if they're on opposite sides.

The one bright spot is the kid, who seems like she's gonna be a very good actress.

4.5/10

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched "Old Dads" last night on Netflix. It is a movie written and directed by Bill Burr, the standup comic. As you can imagine the movie is pretty much Bill Burr's politically incorrect comedy and then some. I found it amusing at least. You won't be disappointed you watched it unless you are sensitive about political correctness. The movie is funny, but also sad in a way because absurdness has met reality today and Burr gets into this aspect of life for the full length of the movie. If you find yourself wondering if you are supposed to laugh at certain scenes you know what I mean.

Anyway, I give it a 7 of 10. Congrats to Burr, he did a decent job considering it is his first attempt at directing a full length movie.

Will Burr become this generation's Mel Brooks? I would love it to be true.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched "Old Dads" last night on Netflix. It is a movie written and directed by Bill Burr, the standup comic. As you can imagine the movie is pretty much Bill Burr's politically incorrect comedy and then some. I found it amusing at least. You won't be disappointed you watched it unless you are sensitive about political correctness. The movie is funny, but also sad in a way because absurdness has met reality today and Burr gets into this aspect of life for the full length of the movie. If you find yourself wondering if you are supposed to laugh at certain scenes you know what I mean.

Anyway, I give it a 7 of 10. Congrats to Burr, he did a decent job considering it is his first attempt at directing a full length movie.

Will Burr become this generation's Mel Brooks? I would love it to be true.
Agreed.
If you like Bill Burr you should like this movie.
If you are too sensitive to some topics, you will not.

I am glad they did this as a netflix movie. Maybe it opens things up for him to either make or star in some more movies. Noticed he has been guest actors for bit parts in many shows but maybe that changes.

Not sure it is a classic that I would watch multiple times but still a fun watch

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its funny sometimes when you go back and watch some old movies and forget that an actor was in it when they were a nobody who went on to be famous.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre the Next Generation which had a young Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger

The first Leprechaun with a young Jennifer Anniston and of course warwick davis

The First Friday the 13th with a young Kevin Bacon

Two older TV shows used to be great to catch up and coming stars.
Mash and Gunsmoke

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its funny sometimes when you go back and watch some old movies and forget that an actor was in it when they were a nobody who went on to be famous.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre the Next Generation which had a young Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger

Mash and Gunsmoke
Kevin Bacon was also in Animal House. I believe it was his first role in anything.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Nothing new, but saw the Star Trek reboot for like the 3rd or 4th time this weekend. Just love that movie and watch it again every few years. Amazing how bad JJ Abrams messed up Star Wars because he did a phenomenal job re-launching Star Trek. I'm not even much of a Trek fan, but for those of us who enjoyed the Captain Kirk, Spock and McCoy brawling and butt kicking in the original movies and TV shows, I think this was a great addition. It's what made me a fan of the original crew.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Strays - The wife and I threw this one on last night and we enjoyed it (it's on Peacock). We got some good laughs out of it. Also, as dog owners, a lot of the subtle dog comedy connected with us. It's stupid humor, so you have to go in with that mindset, and it is pretty raunchy, but we were both laughing and having a good time with it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bruce McGill (D-Day) got his career jumpstarted in Animal House too. He has been in a million shows and movies since then.

And how about Tom Hulce? Who would have thought he would wind up nominated for an Oscar for playing Mozart in Amadeus?
Wow, ya know, maybe I put that together when I first saw Amadeus, but right now I feel like I never even realized that was Pinto. I'm sure I must have known it at the time...right?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Mash and Gunsmoke
Another old show that had a bunch of up and comers was "The Twilight Zone"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Us" (2019)

I very much enjoyed Jordan Peele's "Get Out". Thought it had a great premise and the plot was seemed believable.

"Us" had the potential for a a great premise with the whole evil doppelgangers thing, but the train went off the tracks when it came to plot.

The plot put forth a concept that was full of "holes". I just couldn't buy into the grand scope the plot was pushing.

The acting was good overall and the dialog was decent.

But the plot holes keep me from rating this higher than...

5.5/10

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anyone seen Killers of the Flower Moon yet? On my shortlist but need to get a nice block of time to see it being as its 3.5 hours long.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
"Us" (2019)

I very much enjoyed Jordan Peele's "Get Out". Thought it had a great premise and the plot was seemed believable.

"Us" had the potential for a a great premise with the whole evil doppelgangers thing, but the train went off the tracks when it came to plot.

The plot put forth a concept that was full of "holes". I just couldn't buy into the grand scope the plot was pushing.

5.5/10
I liked Us but did feel that way about his third big horror flick, Nope.

funkytown817

Reaction score
"Us" (2019)

5.5/10
Good acting. Good potential. But i just didnt get the point of it.

I did like the twist at the end. I wasnt expecting that. I had to watch it a 2nd time, and I started to pick up on it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Antlers" (2021)

I thought it was a decent film, but not a really good horror movie.

The premise was good, but the story didn't go far enough IMO.

The result being a somewhat flat movie.

Maybe a better explanation of why this was happening would have helped... Maybe a larger body count... I dunno it just felt like the story (and resulting movie) could have been better.

A better "man transforms into a monster" movie would "Silver Bullet".

Also "X-Files" had a better episode where a Native American transforms into a werewolf.

Anyway, I gave "Antlers" a 5.5/10 rating. .

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
"Antlers" (2021)

I thought it was a decent film, but not a really good horror movie.

The premise was good, but the story didn't go far enough IMO.

The result being a somewhat flat movie.

Maybe a better explanation of why this was happening would have helped... Maybe a larger body count... I dunno it just felt like the story (and resulting movie) could have been better.

A better "man transforms into a monster" movie would "Silver Bullet".

Also "X-Files" had a better episode where a Native American transforms into a werewolf.

Anyway, I gave "Antlers" a 5.5/10 rating. .
I felt the same, I liked the premise, but they could have done so much more with it. What could have been a really good flick, felt a little flat and wanting more from the story.