Rate the last movie you saw

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't think they plan on doing another one, which is good. Unless they came up with an amazing script, it ended where it should.
Definitely felt like they were wrapping it up based on last scenes and credit pictures.

Instead of phase 1,2,3,4,5 or whatever else Marvel was using maybe they should have just kept it simple.

Phase 1 - all movies with actors who we either can't afford to keep together anymore, or are too old for the role

Phase 2 - the new people we hope you will dig as much as you did Iron Man, Guardians and Captain America

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. I don't think they plan on doing another one, which is good. Unless they came up with an amazing script, it ended where it should.
It was effectively James Gunn’s baby. He was the driving force behind the stories and directing. He came back to wrap up the story he wanted to tell and the various actors were done in their roles as well.

As of now, I don’t think there are any plans or intentions to do any more.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It was effectively James Gunn’s baby. He was the driving force behind the stories and directing. He came back to wrap up the story he wanted to tell and the various actors were done in their roles as well.

Would have been cool if he had the reigns of Suicide Squad from the beginning. Enjoy the atmosphere of Guardians, but especially enjoy his take on Suicide Squad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would have been cool if he had the reigns of Suicide Squad from the beginning. Enjoy the atmosphere of Guardians, but especially enjoy his take on Suicide Squad.
That movie showed me that Gunn needs to be reigned in a bit from indulging all of his whims. I think he took things too far in a few areas which limited his overall audience and appeal.

I’m curious to see what he does being the man in charge at WB/Discovery.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just watched John Wick 4 for the first time. I guess it was time to end this series because 3 hours of gun fights, sword fights, and hand to hand combat is probably all anyone can take. All together its about 9 hours of the same thing, isn't it?

It is fun I guess for a while but at one point I was asking for it all to end. It didn't. It just kept going. Don't get me wrong. I liked the entire series, but JW4 should have been an hour shorter.

John813

Reaction score
No one will save you.

I always sort of disliked alien movies due to being freaked out by Aliens as a kid. Like Ridley Scott Alien I'm ok with. Grey aliens and the thought of being abducted...nope. Kept me up at night as a kid.

So basically, this movie slaps hard within the first 10 minutes and it's pretty action packed.
First movie I've watched that was 90 minutes and had zero dialogue.

Would say for an alien flick the first 2/3rds of the movie is a 9.5/10. Ending was interesting, I guess a good ending but not what I expected based off the majority of the movie.

9/10. (Alien flick rating)

John813

Reaction score

I think GotG is dead. But I can see characters like Rocket, Sean Gunn, and Starlord show up as features in upcoming films.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think GotG is dead. But I can see characters like Rocket, Sean Gunn, and Starlord show up as features in upcoming films.
The teaser at the end of GotG 3 did say that Starlord would return. I’d be surprised if anyone else showed up outside of a cameo in someone else’s movie.

Like you, I think that book is closed.

To be honest, I think Disney/Marvel need to have a big meeting regarding their current direction and a course correction.

John813

Reaction score
The teaser at the end of GotG 3 did say that Starlord would return. I’d be surprised if anyone else showed up outside of a cameo in someone else’s movie.

Like you, I think that book is closed.

To be honest, I think Disney/Marvel need to have a big meeting regarding their current direction and a course correction.
Yea. IIRC Cooper was open to returning as Rocket, and obviously he's just a voice actor, so I'm sure timing wise it wouldn't be too difficult to get Cooper in and out if Marvel wants to bring back Rocket for a cameo/sidekick role.

Just that I can't see anything really based off the current phase of needing the guardians back/Starlord.
Not like he was close to any of the remaining avengers and Thor is off in another planet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea. IIRC Cooper was open to returning as Rocket, and obviously he's just a voice actor, so I'm sure timing wise it wouldn't be too difficult to get Cooper in and out if Marvel wants to bring back Rocket for a cameo/sidekick role.

Just that I can't see anything really based off the current phase of needing the guardians back/Starlord.
Not like he was close to any of the remaining avengers and Thor is off in another planet.
I agree. I was surprised when I saw it mention Star-Lord specifically.

But it may be nothing more than a placeholder for something that might never happen.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think Disney is reexamining their direction and decision making when it comes to Marvel. And I believe a lot of things are in flux.

Until it starts filming, I think anything is subject to change.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Kate
Solid action flick about an assassin wanting to leave the life, but of course, things take a turn. Pretty basic story, but well done action and fight scenes. 7/10

Bullet Train
Several assassins find themselves after the same property on a bullet train. The reviews weren't all that great, but wasn't as bad as I expected. A good bit of humor mixed in, a little goofy, decent action but I was entertained. 6.5/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kate
Solid action flick about an assassin wanting to leave the life, but of course, things take a turn. Pretty basic story, but well done action and fight scenes. 7/10

Bullet Train
Several assassins find themselves after the same property on a bullet train. The reviews weren't all that great, but wasn't as bad as I expected. A good bit of humor mixed in, a little goofy, decent action but I was entertained. 6.5/10
I only got about 20 minutes into Bullet Train before I turned it off.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Same, man. Was my greatest fear.
When I was younger we watched the movie fire in the sky. I was laying in bed that night, and I didnt know it at the time, but my dad was walking our dog out in the field, and he spotlighted my window with a powerful flashlight. I was in the upper part of my bunk bed, and I think I remember trying to sink through the mattress.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For @MichaelWinicki and other horror fans out there...well recent horror films, not sure too many are scary anymore.

Insidious: The Red Door
- I have liked all the Insidious movies with the third being the least IMO. This new one falls short IMO. If you like the franchise it will be ok but just not as good as the first two and the last key one.

The Nun II : The conjuring movie universe seems to be off and on. Liked the first two Conjuring movies. Did not care for the third one as much. Of the three Annabelle movies I liked Annabelle Creation but did not care for the first one or Annabelle comes home. Of all of the characters in the Conjuring universe the Nun is the creepiest looking character. It was introduced in the Second Conjuring movie and fans liked it so much they did a spin off with the character and now have to movies with the Nun. The first one was so so. I liked the story of the second one better but it too is so so.

Talk to Me: This one seems to be the surprise of the three. Australian film.
When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits with an embalmed hand, they become hooked on the new thrill and high-stakes party game - until one of them goes too far and unleashes terrifying supernatural forces. The eye-popping, nightmarish debut from Australian twin filmmakers and horror sensations Danny & Michael Philippou.

Enjoyed this one. Had not heard much of it so it was an open slate going in and I liked it. It is not a cinematic horror mastermind type of movie like the exorcists was when it first came out. However I think this movie is pretty good. I don't know how I would have viewed it if I had high expectations going in but if you like horror films and have some time on your hands. Give this one a try.