f4abb9999cb6a72eb7733d7b0cd02421b34836d70c4cbef3836ad1bafde998c1.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New movie on Paramount

Vindicta Nothing special at all really.

However there is something that irks me. Not a spoiler as it does not give away any plot lines.

But what if you were watching a jason or Michael movie and in one part of the film the mask each were wearing had the eye holes completely whited out like they were covered with the plastic or latex the rest of the mask was made from. Yet later in various parts of the movie the eye section had holes in it.

The killer in this movie wears a mask that looks like a marble face of david sculpture. So in part of the movie the eyeholes are not open. In other parts they are.

Just irked me That either the killer could see through the covering at some point and could not in other points so they cut out eye holes.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Five Nights At Freddy's: 4/10

I streamed it and still want a refund for my time. I never played the game, but the movie was just terrible all around. Super generic and predictable, and not scary or fun. Not sure what they were going for.
Just saw Five Nights at Freddy's tonight. Won't spoil it, but it was fantastic!! Then again, as a furry, I naturally enjoy that type of film.
The wife and I watched it on Halloween. It was.....entertaining. I thought it had some good things about it, but I feel like they dropped the ending pretty badly. Very anticlimactic for such a buildup. I do think they did great on the animatronics. I didn't go in with high expectations, so, I do think that helped in my overall view of the movie.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The wife and I watched it on Halloween. It was.....entertaining. I thought it had some good things about it, but I feel like they dropped the ending pretty badly. Very anticlimactic for such a buildup. I do think they did great on the animatronics. I didn't go in with high expectations, so, I do think that helped in my overall view of the movie.

Yeah, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I enjoyed it though.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gran Turismo - First half of it was kind of meh but it got better. The interesting part was the end. When going into the movie it states that it is based on a true story but with Hollywood that could mean one or two things are true and the rest is BS.
However at the end of the movie or doing the credits, it shows the pictures of the real people beside the actors. More of it was true than I thought it would be. Pretty interesting

It is a racing movie if anyone is interested. Go in knowing the first part of it is kind of slow but it does get a bit better when they get into the meat of it. Just go in with lower expectations and I think you might like it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Man, I always thought you guys were talking about Gran Torino, then I googled... lol what the heck? That's some playstation come to life BS. :grin:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Gran Turismo - First half of it was kind of meh but it got better. The interesting part was the end. When going into the movie it states that it is based on a true story but with Hollywood that could mean one or two things are true and the rest is BS.
However at the end of the movie or doing the credits, it shows the pictures of the real people beside the actors. More of it was true than I thought it would be. Pretty interesting

It is a racing movie if anyone is interested. Go in knowing the first part of it is kind of slow but it does get a bit better when they get into the meat of it. Just go in with lower expectations and I think you might like it.
Funny, I just watched "Gran Turismo" last night. I'd say that's a pretty good reaction, gets better as it goes along, had a Disney-esque feel to it. I enjoyed it, but I'm a sucker for race movies. Based on a true story, fairly closely, by the looks of it, the person most of the story is based on was a stunt driver for the movie, pretty cool. 7/10

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been on a bit of a kick here lately of buying movie bundle packs off of Google Play for online viewing.

I put some on a wish list and when they go on sale I will buy them.

For instance I got the Star Trek movie 10 pack on sale (not reboot movies) normally $69 but on sale for 35

I have done this for Predators movie pack

Friday the 13th 8 pack

Underworld

Insidious 4 pack

I got the directors cut of Aliens and they had a good deal of extra stuff in there I had not seen before.

So then I wanted the other movies so I got the 6 pack.
One thing that does happen on these bundle packs is they normally will not include the special directors cut or extended editions.

However I do like most of the alien movies. I did not care for the 3rd one when it came out but have grown to enjoy it now. So the only one that I still do not like is the resurrections ones with the ripley clones.

So now I guess since I got the predators and aliens pack...I will have to eventually get AVP.

Just thought I would share the idea that others might look into doing the same.
Finding the bundle picks you might like that are on sale. Or put them on a wish list and check so often to catch them on sale.

Some times you get the movies where they average out $2-5 each if you get the bundle.

The Cheapest one was actually the Ice Age 5 movie pack for $4.99

Lodeus

Reaction score
Old Henry. I don't expect much from modern westerns but this was a pretty good one. 7/10

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Preface: There is a mucho Girl Power. Captain Marvel is being very Captain Marvelous. And they have integrated a great deal of the Ms. Marvel series into the movie. ;)

The Marvels (2023)
0CZBBvB.png

6.25 of 10.00 (first score)

Teyonah Parris rocks her outfits as well as Rosario Dawson does Ahsoka. Man! Okay. I will move on.

Midway through the movie has a cringe worthy scene that I thought was inserted to give Carol Danvers more personality depth to her character. Zawe Ashton does not play a very convincing major villain in my opinion. It is a short movie, lasting only one hour and 45 minutes. Scene transition is fairly brisk but sometimes superficial. The overall movie, although looks really good visually, has what I describe as a television/big screen hybrid feel to it. And Samuel L. Jackson, who I love to death, carried his Secret Invasion sleepwalking through some scenes and dialogue vibe
to this sequel. Some fight scenes could have been done better. Captain Marvel's second uniform was just... hideous to look at.

Everything else I enjoyed very much. Special effects matched the action
. I worried if Iman Vellani could bring her series energy to the big screen and she did really well. The movie fills in some blanks that occurred between the end of Captain Marvel before the ending credits and the cut scene seen at the very end of that film. Monica Rambeau's character was allowed to be fully fleshed out now compared to what was seen in WandaVision. The trio are definitely Marvels.

I said first score earlier.

7.25 of 10.00 (final score)

The two minute (maybe three minutes?) cut scene that ran during the ending credits boosted my score. I rose halfway out of seat at one point and yelped like a school boy. A few young ladies sitting nearby did not have a clue and I filled them in. Disney and Marvel get their fair share of criticism for the MCU and a good bit of it is valid but they do have a plan and they are following it. And I will be tagging right along with them. Extremely excited for what is coming in the NEAR future.

Time for a new avatar.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Killer. 6/10. The cinematography was beautiful, but the story was pretty generic and boring. Fasbender was good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Godzilla vs. Kong

I stuck it out through the first 14 or 20 minutes, but when they came up with the cockamamie hollow Earth angle, that was all I could stand.

1/10, because I wanted to watch and see just how idiotic it got. I just couldn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Godzilla vs. Kong

I stuck it out through the first 14 or 20 minutes, but when they came up with the cockamamie hollow Earth angle, that was all I could stand.

1/10, because I wanted to watch and see just how idiotic it got. I just couldn't do it.
I liked the movie more but what I resent about Godzilla vs. Kong and similar films is a somewhat gloss over of overall human collateral. These suckers are HUGE, causing devastating damage all around them, but it is 'assumed' large numbers of people, comparatively the size of ANTS, are being killed. And I am a Millie Bobby Brown fan. I really am but she should DIED SO many times....

It is why I still hold Cloverfield in higher regard by comparison to its general audience. Totally different gigantic monster movie but it does not shy away from depicting expected human casualties--although much of it was seen from a human sized perspective.

Oh well. My wife is a big (pun intended) Godzilla fan. She enjoyed the heck out of GvK at least. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the movie more but what I resent about Godzilla vs. Kong and similar films is a somewhat gloss over of overall human collateral. These suckers are HUGE, causing devastating damage all around them, but it is 'assumed' large numbers of people, comparatively the size of ANTS, are being killed. And I am a Millie Bobby Brown fan. I really am but she should DIED SO many times....

It is why I still hold Cloverfield in higher regard by comparison to its general audience. Totally different gigantic monster movie but it does not shy away from depicting expected human casualties--although much of it was seen from a human sized perspective.

Oh well. My wife is a big (pun intended) Godzilla fan. She enjoyed the heck out of GvK at least. :)
My biggest issue was the human element. They’ve struggled to come up with any interesting human characters and storylines. So, for me, it’s basically sitting through dialogue and exposition, while waiting for the scenes with the giant monsters.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Marvels - 5/10.

Easily the worst Marvel movie yet.

The writing was atrocious. The direction was amateurish. The film was shot like a made-for-tv movie. The villain was laughably bland and cartoonish (and somewhat of a rehash). There was a very juvenile feel to the entire proceeding, and with a few exceptions wasn't all that fun or funny for it.

I'm willing to give the acting a pass because of what they had to work with. While the girl who plays Ms. Marvel infuses a lot of energy into things, I do feel that she overacts a bit too, and can be over the top and annoying at times.

Big_D

Reaction score
I watched The Quiz Lady on Hulu with Awkwafina and Sandra Oh. Thought it was pretty funny. They make a good team and I’m a Sandra Oh fan after watching it. 7/10

No Hard Feelings.. The new Jennifer Lawrence movie on Netflix. Thought it was going to be one of those raunchy comedies.. it wasn’t very funny at all. 3/10 and that’s being generous!