Rate the last movie you saw

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
MV5BNDIwYjVjMDMtOGYxMy00ZTRiLWE0YzktMjIwYmNhOGE4NGQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

It was OK. Loved Nick Cage it it.

6/10

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Trolls: Band Together - Eh...6/10? I dunno.
I didn't like the first one when I first saw it, but when my daughter started watching it, I found things I was amused by.
I really didn't like the 2nd one.
This one, I guess would be in between. It was just kind of there. Nothing really stood out, except maybe the Bridgette character, with some surprisingly adult innuendo.

John813

Reaction score
Finally watched Dune.

Wanted to wait till the sequel was close to being released in theaters and wanted to watch it in one sitting.

Denis is very good at creating tension in his films.
For a part 1, thought it was good. After watching the film, sort of wondered how it was 2.5hours long.

Good flick. It's not a movie issue but the general story on how
House Atreides falls is kind of weak. One doctor can disable shields and cripple an entire house. Why not go to the Duke and explain what has happened with his wife? Sort of wish it was a bigger coup to make it more "realistic".

7.5-10

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Indiana Jones 5. Big fan of the franchise, but would say okay movie. There are better episodes. They tried to bring back the magic.

Is it still too expensive or technically impossible to CGI the younger Indiana Jones the entire movie? Just not the same without him fighting Naz***.

Opening scene was very cool and unlike some of the other movies I’ve seen, could barely notice it was a CGI head.

Wonder how much longer before the technology exists that reboots are no longer needed. Schwarzenegger as Terminator, Hammill as Luke Skywalker, DeNiro and Pesci as young gangsters, Robert Downey Jr as teenage Tony Stark, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones… getting better and better.

It will be like that recent Salma Hayek Black Mirror episode where they can AI-CGI any actor into any story.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indiana Jones 5. Big fan of the franchise, but would say okay movie. There are better episodes. They tried to bring back the magic.

Is it still too expensive or technically impossible to CGI the younger Indiana Jones the entire movie? Just not the same without him fighting Naz***.

Opening scene was very cool and unlike some of the other movies I’ve seen, could barely notice it was a CGI head.

Wonder how much longer before the technology exists that reboots are no longer needed. Schwarzenegger as Terminator, Hammill as Luke Skywalker, DeNiro and Pesci as young gangsters, Robert Downey Jr as teenage Tony Stark, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones… getting better and better.

It will be like that recent Salma Hayek Black Mirror episode where they can AI-CGI any actor into any story.
People’s estates need to be prepared to protect the actor’s likenesses for sure.

John813

Reaction score
Definitely going to be some interesting storylines to follow as CGI/AI really hones down the likeness of people and de-aging becomes damn near realistic and likenesses come into play. First time watching Tron I thought for a good minute the deaged Flynn was a real person. Only could tell in the eyes something seemed off.

Some actors are just ingrained as certain characters. IMO there can never be another T-800 without it being Arnold.
Iron man is RDJ-dead in 616 or not.
etc...
I'm sure studios will start getting with older actors/estates for the ability to use likeness for entire films. Curious how much Terminator Salvation paid to have a younger T-800 look like Arnold for a few minutes?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally watched Dune.

Wanted to wait till the sequel was close to being released in theaters and wanted to watch it in one sitting.

Denis is very good at creating tension in his films.
For a part 1, thought it was good. After watching the film, sort of wondered how it was 2.5hours long.

Good flick. It's not a movie issue but the general story on how
House Atreides falls is kind of weak. One doctor can disable shields and cripple an entire house. Why not go to the Duke and explain what has happened with his wife? Sort of wish it was a bigger coup to make it more "realistic".

7.5-10
Loved it.
Have watched it a number of times.

If you go back and watch the original, the special effects and how they did that movie were terrible looking back it at.
I would hazard to say that most of the new actors fit the role better than in the original as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Red Hill - Free on Tubi
Australian movie
A young police officer must survive his first day's duty in a small country town.
The main actor is the one who Jason, Sookies Brother, in HBO series True Blood.
Not a bad movie. Action flick with a little humor.

Narvik - on NetFlix

April 1940. The eyes of the world are on Narvik, a small town in northern Norway, source of the iron ore needed for Hitler's war machinery. Through two months of fierce winter warfare, Hitler is dealt his first defeat.
Not bad if you enjoy WWII movies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Loved it.

If you go back and watch the original, the special effects and how they did that movie were terrible looking back it at.
I would hazard to say that most of the new actors fit the role better than in the original as well.
Even Sting??? :muttley:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Loved it.

Same here. Great movie. Wife loves it just as much too which is even better. We are very eager to see the sequel.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Definitely going to be some interesting storylines to follow as CGI/AI really hones down the likeness of people and de-aging becomes damn near realistic and likenesses come into play. First time watching Tron I thought for a good minute the deaged Flynn was a real person. Only could tell in the eyes something seemed off.

Some actors are just ingrained as certain characters. IMO there can never be another T-800 without it being Arnold.
Iron man is RDJ-dead in 616 or not.
etc...
I'm sure studios will start getting with older actors/estates for the ability to use likeness for entire films. Curious how much Terminator Salvation paid to have a younger T-800 look like Arnold for a few minutes?
Back in the 90's Coors Light paid the John Wayne estate to use his likeness for marketing. They had commercials and such, not CGI, but the idea is there. Back then, I was a Bar Manager and our Coors Light rep got an artist to airbrush John Wayne's likeness onto a full size stand-up of a surfer holding a 12 pack of CL. It was pretty cool, but people kept wanting to walk off with it. I really wish I still had pics of it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Asteroid City.

Very quirky. I liked it, not sure I'd ever want to watch it again, though.

If you like quirky movies or just want to watch something different, I'd recommend it....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Blue Beetle 6/10

It started off pretty bad...and just got worse. It seems like it was made for kids, then they tried to change it up to appeal to adults.

For a while George Lopez was actually the only part of the movie that wasn't too bad, but then he got bad too.

I'm actually surprised I watched the whole thing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rubikon (2022)
PnPsz9Q.png

2.00 of 10.00

Someone decided to create an apocalyptic movie revolving around three characters. The three characters are blah. The apocalypse is not really presented as apocalyptic.

(one of two movies my granddaughter asked me to watch with her)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Five Nights At Freddy's (2023)
V0tWyeJ.png

2.75 of 10.00

Chuck E. Cheese gave someone food poisoning. They made a movie out of the hallucinations they experienced afterwards.

(second of two movies my granddaughter asked me to watch with her)