Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe it is just me. But I have tried to watch The Batman three times and I keep turning it off. I think I made it the 40 minute or so mark at the longest.

Something about the DC movies for the last decade just tend to miss the mark for me.
Pattinson is a horrible Batman. His brooding just makes it look like he's trying too hard...and if they have to design the costume to make your neck look thicker, you're not right for the part.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Maybe it is just me. But I have tried to watch The Batman three times and I keep turning it off. I think I made it the 40 minute or so mark at the longest.

Something about the DC movies for the last decade just tend to miss the mark for me.
I thought it was awesome. Kind of like the James Bond reboot when Daniel Craig took over. The raw, unrefined Batman. It was also cool that it showcased his skills as a detective. It reminded me a lot of the movie Seven.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I thought it was awesome. Kind of like the James Bond reboot when Daniel Craig took over. The raw, unrefined Batman. It was also cool that it showcased his skills as a detective. It reminded me a lot of the movie Seven.
As a faithful Batman nerd, I can tell you that there are different versions and styles of Batman storytelling since they've published a gabillion stories by now.

This one seems to lean more towards the dark, brain as much as brawn, sleuth detective era. You're right in bringing up Seven, because that's the intention. Homicide detective and/or FBI profiler as much as a vigilante.

And probably no coincidence a lot of that writing style was big in the late 90's early 2000's after Seven, Silence of the Lambs, Basic Instinct and other popular detective thrillers at the time.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It’s a Wonderful Knife. 3/10

They mixed the classic tale with a slasher flick, and it didn’t work. The first 10 minutes was cool, reminded me a lot of Scream, but it went way downhill fast. The acting and plot was like a Hallmark movie with a few kills.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau aka Jamie Lannister the King Slayer from Game of Thrones.

Quietly has had some decent movies.

Mama - Horror movie of sorts. Good underrated movie for those have not seen it.

The sliencing (currently on netflix) - Action Murder mystery It is not bad but nothing speccial.

God Is a Bullet - Action Some may not like this but I loved it. Taking matters into his own hands, Detective Bob Hightower tries to infiltrate an evil cult to save his kidnapped daughter and avenge the murder of his wife.

The first and last on the list is the best. The middle one is mid.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau aka Jamie Lannister the King Slayer from Game of Thrones.

Quietly has had some decent movies.

Mama - Horror movie of sorts. Good underrated movie for those have not seen it.

The sliencing (currently on netflix) - Action Murder mystery It is not bad but nothing speccial.

God Is a Bullet - Action Some may not like this but I loved it. Taking matters into his own hands, Detective Bob Hightower tries to infiltrate an evil cult to save his kidnapped daughter and avenge the murder of his wife.

The first and last on the list is the best. The middle one is mid.
Have you seen Shot Caller? He’s an accountant or something who goes to prison and finds his true calling. Good movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you seen Shot Caller? He’s an accountant or something who goes to prison and finds his true calling. Good movie.

Yes...I meant to add that one and completely forget.
Really like that one as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched "Watchmen" the other night on cable. I am not sure what to make of it. My gut reaction is, "what a jumbled mess". But "what the heck!" or just "What?!" might also be good descriptions. Some of the logic at the end escaped me completely.

Why does Dr. Manhattan walk around with his junk hanging out? And why doesn't anyone in the movie react to it? I didn't hear even one, "Dude!" uttered throughout the entire movie.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Rather his lack of skills as a detective.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Shift...7/10. Faith based sci-fi. Was better than I was expecting. Limited some due to budget, but mostly worked well with what they had.

Interesting to see Mikey/Rudy/Samwise in it. Really needs get his weight under control. Still going the wrong way. Just like me.

Big_D

Reaction score
Family Switch on Netflix. Pretty funny even though it’s been done many times over there were some good moments that make it worth the watch. 7/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
DC League of Super-Pets on Netflix

They could have done a bit more with it, so I'm guessing it was made mostly for kids. I would have loved it when I was a kid. It would have been a 9.5/10.

But I'm not a kid. It was still good enough for a 7/10. There were a lot of cute moments, and a few really funny lines.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Primal Nick Cage movie
Some are terrible, some shock you and are good. This one is Meh.
He traps and sells wild animals. On transport ship. Bad guy gets loose. Chaos ensues.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love and monsters

Classic guy makes a journey and grows from it. Futer earth full on monster insects and humanity trying to survive.

Mid. The young actor does well. Cool idea but PG.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Survive
Mila jovavich plays agent noticing questionable passports. Gets setup to take the fall. Goes on run to prove innocence after terrorist attacks. Pierce Bronson goes against type cast and plays bad guy.
If you like this kind of thing it is ok but not much different between multitude of the same type of movie.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Survive
Mila jovavich plays agent noticing questionable passports. Gets setup to take the fall. Goes on run to prove innocence after terrorist attacks. Pierce Bronson goes against type cast and plays bad guy.
If you like this kind of thing it is ok but not much different between multitude of the same type of movie.
Bronson played a convincing bad guy in both The Foreigner and The Tailor of Panama.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Love and monsters

Classic guy makes a journey and grows from it. Futer earth full on monster insects and humanity trying to survive.

Mid. The young actor does well. Cool idea but PG.
Really liked that one, I'd like to see a sequel.