Rate the last movie you saw

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched "Watchmen" the other night on cable. I am not sure what to make of it. My gut reaction is, "what a jumbled mess". But "what the heck!" or just "What?!" might also be good descriptions. Some of the logic at the end escaped me completely.

Why does Dr. Manhattan walk around with his junk hanging out? And why doesn't anyone in the movie react to it? I didn't hear even one, "Dude!" uttered throughout the entire movie.
:laugh:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just re-watched the "Band of Brothers". Technically, it is a TV series and not a movie. Nonetheless, I felt it is worthy of a few comments.

The first time I watched the Band of Brothers, I remember having lengthy conversations with my uncle who served in the airborne during WW2. He would choke up, unable or unwilling to speak, during the intense fighting scenes. He later said that, after nearly 50 years, those images were still very real to him.

One thing that struck me this time is the difficulty many of the Easy Company soldiers had adjusting to "normal" life after Germany's surrender. The last episode summarized what happened to several of Easy Company's men after returning to the states: a cab driver, a plumber, construction, etc. Everyday jobs for heroes that endured some of the worst conditions imaginable.

What a great and thoughtful show

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just re-watched the "Band of Brothers". Technically, it is a TV series and not a movie. Nonetheless, I felt it is worthy of a few comments.

The first time I watched the Band of Brothers, I remember having lengthy conversations with my uncle who served in the airborne during WW2. He would choke up, unable or unwilling to speak, during the intense fighting scenes. He later said that, after nearly 50 years, those images were still very real to him.

One thing that struck me this time is the difficulty many of the Easy Company soldiers had adjusting to "normal" life after Germany's surrender. The last episode summarized what happened to several of Easy Company's men after returning to the states: a cab driver, a plumber, construction, etc. Everyday jobs for heroes that endured some of the worst conditions imaginable.

What a great and thoughtful show

Such a great series. I tend to watch it once a year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finally got around to watching Extraction II with Chris Hemsworth last night.

It’s a fine video game brought to life action film with some great effects and sequences.

But the plot line involving the kid was absolutely awful. Embarrassingly bad.

It drops the rest of the movie down for me down two full points to a 6 out of 10.

If you want mindless action? This is for you. If you can’t turn off your brain? Not so much.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also saw Violent Night with David Harbour. A paper thin plot that served as an excuse for graphic violence mixed with Christmas music and references. A pale Die Hard (or Die Hard 2) imitation in my opinion.

4 out of 10. Forgettable and easily skipped.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finally got around to watching Extraction II with Chris Hemsworth last night.

It’s a fine video game brought to life action film with some great effects and sequences.

But the plot line involving the kid was absolutely awful. Embarrassingly bad.

It drops the rest of the movie down for me down two full points to a 6 out of 10.

If you want mindless action? This is for you. If you can’t turn off your brain? Not so much.
Yeah, the story was weak, but acting, action, cinematography, and choreography were all very good. Hemsworth proved he's much more than just Thor.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Thanksgiving: 7/10

Cheesy Eli Roth horror movie. It is pretty generic, but has some hilarious kills and lots of gore. I didn't expect much, but it delivered on what I wanted.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Watched Leave the World Behind on Netflix last night

Some decent acting and interesting imagery, but ultimately an unfulfilling conclusion relying way too heavily on the score for suspense.

5.7/10

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
Rebel Moon Part I was good I thought. Kind of Star Warsy, but overall enjoyable. The only downside is they are not releasing Part II until mid-April.

sulu1701

Reaction score
We watched this movie, it was pretty good, as Eddie Murphy movies go
7608bw0.png

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I started watching the old Japanese series of movies about Zatoichi, The Blind Swordsman. I had seen a couple here and there but finally stumbled on the Internet Archive and looks like they have all of them, 26. I've watched the first 5 movies so far and have been enjoying them. The deaths are over acted, but the swordplay is pretty good, especially since they started in the early 1960's.

Ichi is a bad man, that quick draw with his sword cane and cool reverse grip style is fun to watch and unlike most TV/movie fights, his fights don't last long at all.

57f422922765a24615dbe398528c7b1c.gif

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I started watching the old Japanese series of movies about Zatoichi, The Blind Swordsman. I had seen a couple here and there but finally stumbled on the Internet Archive and looks like they have all of them, 26. I've watched the first 5 movies so far and have been enjoying them. The deaths are over acted, but the swordplay is pretty good, especially since they started in the early 1960's.

Ichi is a bad man, that quick draw with his sword cane and cool reverse grip style is fun to watch and unlike most TV/movie fights, his fights don't last long at all.

57f422922765a24615dbe398528c7b1c.gif
Is that what Kill Bill and John Wick 4 stole their blind man martial arts choreography from?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Godzilla Minus One 9/10

Man, I loved this movie. It's by far the best Godzilla movie since I was a kid. My daughter is not a fan of movies like this at all, but being the good daughter she went with me. She loved it as well. This was an emotional movie as much as a monster movie. You actually cared (a lot) about the protagonist and the people around him.

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Is that what Kill Bill and John Wick 4 stole their blind man martial arts choreography from?
I don't think so but there are some similarities, specifically the reverse grip style on the swords. Zatoichi uses that style almost exclusively and also uses the cane scabbard as weapon and defense

tumblr_n27d325LIG1qedb29o1_500.gif