Rate the last movie you saw

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Knock at the Cabin- 6/10

It’s your typical Shyamalan movie. It’s different, out there with no real substance. It’s a decent watch but I wouldn’t miss it if I never saw it.

sulu1701

Reaction score
8a9e2cb71eab2b8d3ae32e5442d37533.jpg

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
Did anyone see "The Iron Claw" this weekend ? If so, what did you think ? I went to see it. The story line was on point with what actually happened. I was let down with some of the cast chosen for the film.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The Outfit 7/10

Great little movie (takes place in just three rooms), very good cast, nice twists and a satisfying plot.

A tailor, sorry cutter, leaves London after the war and comes to Chicago. He wanted to get away from "it" all, but his first customer is a local crime boss. Because of this years later the plot unfolds that will change the lives of everyone involved. Or ends them.

Apart from the main character I didn't know anyone but all roles are very well cast. Imagine it as a stage play and you'll know what to expect. For me it was some well invested time.

mldardy

Reaction score
Did anyone see "The Iron Claw" this weekend ? If so, what did you think ? I went to see it. The story line was on point with what actually happened. I was let down with some of the cast chosen for the film.
Yes I liked it. Having grown up knowing about the Von Erich's it was nice to see that portrayed on screen. What casting choices did you not like?

quickccc

Reaction score
The Marvels
9642338bc05e332a644973975cb2b714.jpg

it was so very flaky, strange, meaningless and Sy-Fi- channelish. There is no way i could take it serious.
Especially when " Ms. Marvel" is involved and recalling how Nicktoonish her Disney series was.
of course I saw it per streaming, i knew it was not worth seeing it at a theater.

The Plus is it is made to be action-filled, but the Minus is the plot, characters and screen write is so
disinteresting that the action was made irrelevant.

Just like the movie flick Ultra-violet, tons of action, but the numerous plot holes and disinteresting characters
and direction of the film just made it a utter mess. and i just did not like the format. Typical Disney and unlike Dr. Strange Multitude of Madness, it was not made to be dark and macabre.

If you approach it as a grain of salt light hearted fantasy- comedy, you can grow to accept it.
If you like your superhero flicks no nonsense and serious, then it's not for everyone.
(and yes, I am still quite upset about that cat & nick fury connection !)

On a scale of 1 to 10,.. i'd give it a 5.0

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Marvels
9642338bc05e332a644973975cb2b714.jpg

it was so very flaky, strange, meaningless and Sy-Fi- channelish. There is no way i could take it serious.
Especially when " Ms. Marvel" is involved and recalling how Nicktoonish her Disney series was.
of course I saw it per streaming, i knew it was not worth seeing it at a theater.

The Plus is it is made to be action-filled, but the Minus is the plot, characters and screen write is so
disinteresting that the action was made irrelevant.

Just like the movie flick Ultra-violet, tons of action, but the numerous plot holes and disinteresting characters
and direction of the film just made it a utter mess. and i just did not like the format. Typical Disney and unlike Dr. Strange Multitude of Madness, it was not made to be dark and macabre.

If you approach it as a grain of salt light hearted fantasy- comedy, you can grow to accept it.
If you like your superhero flicks no nonsense and serious, then it's not for everyone.
(and yes, I am still quite upset about that cat & nick fury connection !)

On a scale of 1 to 10,.. i'd give it a 5.0
As bad as it was...I liked it better than the first one. Neither were wins for Marvel IMO.

nobody

Reaction score
Rebel Moon Part I was good I thought. Kind of Star Warsy, but overall enjoyable. The only downside is they are not releasing Part II until mid-April.
There's a reason it's Star Warsy. Zach Snyder pitched it to Lucasfilm to be a Star Wars movie (because it was his vision to make one) and Lucasfilm rejected it, so he made it as a separate project.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's a reason it's Star Warsy. Zach Snyder pitched it to Lucasfilm to be a Star Wars movie (because it was his vision to make one) and Lucasfilm rejected it, so he made it as a separate project.
See, that's what they should be doing with some these reboots and such, where they change the character's gender, race, or whatever characteristics make them no longer the same character.

Make the movie, just don't sell it as an already established story and/or franchise.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yes I liked it. Having grown up knowing about the Von Erich's it was nice to see that portrayed on screen. What casting choices did you not like?
They used shrimpy actors to portray guys who were all 6’2”+ No doubt Efron got jacked, but he’s only 5’8” and Jeremy Allen White is 5’7”.

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
The Kerry, Kevin, Bruiser Brody and Terry Gordy actors were "way" to short. The story line itself was pretty accurate. The actors who portrayed Fritz, David and Harley Race were all on point.

Kerry was facing prison time due to falsified medication prescriptions.

IMO, Fritz caused a lot of the "family curse" problems and his sons payed the price for his stubbornness/greed.

mldardy

Reaction score
They used shrimpy actors to portray guys who were all 6’2”+ No doubt Efron got jacked, but he’s only 5’8” and Jeremy Allen White is 5’7”.
The Kerry, Kevin, Bruiser Brody and Terry Gordy actors were "way" to short. The story line itself was pretty accurate. The actors who portrayed Fritz, David and Harley Race were all on point.

Kerry was facing prison time due to falsified medication prescriptions.

IMO, Fritz caused a lot of the "family curse" problems and his sons payed the price for his stubbornness/greed.
OK I didn't realize the Von Erich's were that tall. I did like the actors portraying even them even though they were too short. The only actor I didn't like was the one portraying Ric Flair. He was awful. He sounded like Ryan Gosling doing Ric Flair. I'm sure Gosling would have done a better job but the whole time I kept thinking is that Ryan Gosling. :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
It's on my list, it has gotten pretty good reviews. If you watched wrestling in Texas/wccw territory back in the day chances are you were a Von Erich fan. They ruled Texas and the sportatorium

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I can search on the Internet, but I saw the preview of "The Iron Claw, when I saw "Godzilla Minus One" and I had no idea who he or the family were. I guess a famous wrestling family?