Rate the last movie you saw

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I know I can search on the Internet, but I saw the preview of "The Iron Claw, when I saw "Godzilla Minus One" and I had no idea who he or the family were. I guess a famous wrestling family?
Yes very famous. Especially in Texas.

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
OK I didn't realize the Von Erich's were that tall. I did like the actors portraying even them even though they were too short. The only actor I didn't like was the one portraying Ric Flair. He was awful. He sounded like Ryan Gosling doing Ric Flair. I'm sure Gosling would have done a better job but the whole time I kept thinking is that Ryan Gosling. :laugh:
Agreed, the actor for Ric Flair was a joke. The real Ric Flair probably thought to himself "I deserved better.....maybe I should have lost the title to Kevin instead of Kerry"

quickccc

Reaction score
Yes very famous. Especially in Texas.
Especially in Dallas ?

The infamous Sportatorium ?

maxresdefault.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Watched "A Christmas Story", it's a holiday must watch and easily my favorite Christmas movie. Even after countless times watching, it's still funny. I've always wanted one of those Italian leg lamps, maybe Santa will bring me one next year. 10/10
I tend to get A Christmas Story mixed up with A Christmas Carol ,...

And no telling how many Christmas Carol movie flicks there are. That's why i am glad there is only one
" It's a Wonderful Life " movie , and never ever talk of a remake, reboot of it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Color Purple (2023)
fQpvgZl.png

8.75 of 10.00

Was not sure how the original hard-hitting drama would be remade as a musical but this version was released more as a re-imagined film than a remake. It stands on its own. The emotional themes still drive it just as much as the first movie.

I did think the musical transition was a bit of a grind during the first 50 minutes. However, the final 90 or so minutes were outstanding.

Taraji P. Henson and Danielle Brooks may both compete for Best Supporting Actress nominations. Brooks' Sofia is clearly better than Oprah Winfrey's from decades ago but I do think Henson's performance shines best overall of the two.

It is enough that the movie, like the original, just pulls on heartstrings from beginning to end. Audiences may feel a little ho hum with grown Celie at the tail end of the first 50 minutes but Fantasia Barrino kills it to the finish. Her voice is just so soulful. A person would be literally made of stone not to feel all the emotions she was going through, good, bad, joy, dread, everything.

Definitely got a Jennifer Hudson/Dreamgirls type vibe for what Barrino delivered. Perhaps Hudson may not end up being the only American Idol alum who lands some major movie acting hardware.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Color Purple (2023)
fQpvgZl.png

8.75 of 10.00

Was not sure how the original hard-hitting drama would be remade as a musical but this version was released more as a re-imagined film than a remake. It stands on its own. The emotional themes still drive it just as much as the first movie.

I did think the musical transition was a bit of a grind during the first 50 minutes. However, the final 90 or so minutes were outstanding.

Taraji P. Henson and Danielle Brooks may both compete for Best Supporting Actress nominations. Brooks' Sofia is clearly better than Oprah Winfrey's from decades ago but I do think Henson's performance shines best overall of the two.

It is enough that the movie, like the original, just pulls on heartstrings from beginning to end. Audiences may feel a little ho hum with grown Celie at the tail end of the first 50 minutes but Fantasia Barrino kills it to the finish. Her voice is just so soulful. A person would be literally made of stone not to feel all the emotions she was going through, good, bad, joy, dread, everything.

Definitely got a Jennifer Hudson/Dreamgirls type vibe for what Barrino delivered. Perhaps Hudson may not end up being the only American Idol alum who lands some major movie acting hardware.
Thought about watching that last night, instead of Predators, but one was a musical, and the other was about blowing stuff up and killing bad guys.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched Candy Cane Lane with Eddie Murphy. Honestly, I didn't mind it. It was entertaining enough for the wife and I. I could see it being a great family movie.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Color Purple (2023)
fQpvgZl.png

8.75 of 10.00

There are very few musicals I can get through, even the old classics. I think I made it all the way through West Side Story once. And I think South Pacific too. But that was a long time ago. Now, I won't even try. It's weird because I like opera music. Then again I hate ballet. I have become an ogre in my old age.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually like this movie better than some of the other Predator movies, or the alien vs predator flicks.
I agree. It was much better than the one with the native American girl, Aliens vs. Predators, and the one with the giant Predators.

John813

Reaction score
spider man into the spider verse followed by spider man across the spider verse

Liked the animation and plot. Like the joining of the different spidermen across the multiverse in the storyline.
Thought it was the best multiverse movie to date for Marvel(and Sony). With maybe No Way Home being a good one probably only for the nostalgia

The way the 2nd one ended on a cliffhanger was annoying but at least the 3rd one comes out this year.

8-10 for both.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Agreed, the actor for Ric Flair was a joke. The real Ric Flair probably thought to himself "I deserved better.....maybe I should have lost the title to Kevin instead of Kerry"
While that guy was bad, the way the lead up to the match and the match itself was pretty awesome. I saw it yesterday and give it a solid 8/10.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Especially in Dallas ?

The infamous Sportatorium ?

maxresdefault.jpg
That's been torn down right? Last time I drove through DFW, I looked for it and didn't see it. I look forward to watching the Von Erich movie. I don't know how you can grow up in Texas as a sports fan and NOT know who the Von Erichs are. As big a legends as a Hulk Hogan or Undertaker.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
That's been torn down right? Last time I drove through DFW, I looked for it and didn't see it. I look forward to watching the Von Erich movie. I don't know how you can grow up in Texas as a sports fan and NOT know who the Von Erichs are. As big a legends as a Hulk Hogan or Undertaker.
20 years ago

bb721

Reaction score
The Boys In The Boat - I read this book a few years ago and LOVED it. Somehow it escaped my radar that it was being made into a movie until about a month ago. I thought the movie was awesome. It was directed by George Clooney. Has a little bit of everything. Sports, Hitler, the Depression, romance, the Olympics, the prelude to WW II etc. Great movie.

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
That's been torn down right? Last time I drove through DFW, I looked for it and didn't see it. I look forward to watching the Von Erich movie. I don't know how you can grow up in Texas as a sports fan and NOT know who the Von Erichs are. As big a legends as a Hulk Hogan or The Undertaker.
I remember seeing Mark Grace, aka "The Undertaker" in WCCW back when he 1st started wrestling. It was towards the end of the Von Erich ownership. I believe he had reddish brown hair and was just a jobber. Stunning Steve Austin, aka Stone Cold wrestled there as well. Both were practically "no bodies" before their move to WWF.

Them Von Erich boys were modern day rock stars in the early 80's. The wheels of the bus began to fall off once David passed away. He was such a crowd pleaser, a genius on the microphone and carried the ability to be a long time NWA champion. Kevin's only flaw was his microphone skills. Kerry, well he suffered on the microphone to but his physical appearance put the fans in the building. His usage of illegal substances caused his demise of being a suitable/longtime NWA champion. Mike, he didn't want to wrestle at all and only did so at the direction of Fritz, to help offset the loss of David.