Rate the last movie you saw

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Iron Lady 7/10

Meryl Streep made this movie. Her depiction of Margaret Thatcher, one of my favorite political figures, was flawless, worthy of an Academy Award. Outside of Streep's performance, the movie was pedestrian.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
J Edgar - 5/10 I really looked forward to this film, but I was disappointed. I always love a Clint Eastwood directed movie, and I enjoy most of Leonardo DiCaprio’s roles (and he did his job well here), but this movie was just a too slow moving for me, which is sad because the subject matter had a cornucopia of resources to draw from . Also, the film was so dark it was hard to decipher the actor’s emotions in nearly all scenes. I could not figure out why the movie seemed to be filmed with a 35 watt light bulb. After watching it for about an hour I became annoyed at how dark the movie was, and it wasn't long before I started losing interest in the movie.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
The Avengers was the best 'superhero' movie so far! I can't say what hasn't been said before! 10/10 easy

johnny utah

Moneyball 8.5/10

Moneyball, is a darn good film. Pitt shows that he can nail any role.

Reaction score
Saw the Avengers with a couple of friends last night. Very good film, but slightly overrated. I give it a 8/10.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Avengers - 7/10 - I finally saw it today in 3D. Pretty good movie and it was well done in 3D. I will buy it when it comes out in blu ray 3d. Lots of action, a good story, and kept me entertained. I rarely read comics as a kid but I have to say I love them as movies. This is not my best comic movie but it's probably in my top 5.

I felt like a nerd (there were only 3 of us left in the theater) waiting until the very end of the credits, but I'm glad I did.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Drive - B-

Stylish, violent, 80s throwback crime flick. Dialogue was sparse and seemed moody for the sake of moodiness. Enjoyable but not a must-see.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Battleship. 5/10. Predictable blow 'em up suspense movie. Gave it a five only because I enjoyed it more with my son than if I watched it alone.

I still can't believe how friggin expensive that was. 30 bucks for four to get in and then the snack bar? I almost needed a home improvement loan. Now I remember why I quit going to the movies...............

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seven;4568999 said:
Battleship. 5/10. Predictable blow 'em up suspense movie. Gave it a five only because I enjoyed it more with my son than if I watched it alone.

I still can't believe how friggin expensive that was. 30 bucks for four to get in and then the snack bar? I almost needed a home improvement loan. Now I remember why I quit going to the movies...............

It was overhyped but I liked it. The Avengers was much better.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Mangus...7/10

A little gem of a dark-comedy I came across. It's the story of Mangus, who is obsessed with playing <the lord's son> in a musical. He gets the part, but is then paralyzed in a terrible car accident, where his two friends die. He ends up playing paralyzed <the lord's son> in the play. So freaking hilarious!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dark Shadows 8/10 I knew this was a typical Tim Burton/Johnny Depp movie, but I didn't mind because I've enjoyed all of them before. Having said that, I actually liked this movie more than I thought I would. It did kind of start slow because the typical fish out of water cliché because he was buried alive for nearly 200 years and of course the world around him had changed, but once that passed it went well. It had more horror than I expected (but it was well done and it wasn't gory), and I am not sure if it was geared to be a comedy, but I didn't get a lot of laughs out of it, which was cool with me.

I remember watching Dark Shadows as kid. I didn't like it too much because there was too much talking ( it was a soap opera) and not enough vampire stuff for an 8-year old boy like me.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
MIB III - This is honestly a great movie year for me because my eight year old is old/mature enough to watch certain PG-13 movies. He loved this movie. I think it was better than II, but nowhere close to the original. The 3-D was excellent in the movie though. They really went out of their way to enhance the experience.

Me personally, it was probably 6/10, but bringing my son certainly bumped it up a few points.

Kristen82

Reaction score
Saw "The War of the Arrows" on Netflix. Awesome movie if you like the genre.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Prometheus

A good film with one or two issues. This was the prequel to Alien although something at the end of the film didn't exactly tie in. Perhaps something was cut? I wont say any more.

Michael Fassbender stole the movie. Very good performance.

This was the first opportunity for me to see a film using the new 3D format. I wasn't impressed with it. Sometimes it was great and other times there didn't appear to be any 3D effect at all. (Not just Prometheus, ad and trailers as well.) Saying that the film was beautifully rendered with some stunning sequences.

Go into the film with no preconceived ideas. Prometheus is no Nostromo. It has a lot more money spent on it. LOL

8/10

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
TheCowboy;4581993 said:
Everything Must Go- 7.5/10

Kind of interesting.

I could not get passed the first 30 minutes of this and I really tried. Maybe I will give it another shot

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/1f43cec7.jpg

7/10

To be honest, I consider Ridley Scott's 1979 original as a classic. His 2012 prequel is visually stunning, but its suspense was lacking somewhat and any horror was even more sparse. It does have its moments though.

I agree with Arch about Fassbender's performance. Charlize Theron and Idris Elba were a bit cool in their roles. The comedic timing of the rest of the crew seemed off as well. Noomi Rapace did very well in the lead role, but I believe her character could have been somewhat stronger in delivery.

I do think that Scott makes some solid ties with his original and this film. Rapace's destiny at the end kind of threw me somewhat. All-in-all, its a good movie which could have borrowed some movie soul from Alien for its own.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252961/