Rate the last movie you saw

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Prometheus this afternoon....8/10

Fassbender is a brilliant actor and Charlize Theron has been stepping her game up lately. I'm not sure why I've heard negative things about the film; I love it. It doesn't top Alien, but I never expected or thought it would.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4581993 said:
Everything Must Go- 7.5/10

Kind of interesting.

I thought it was a strange movie.

Even though it was labeled a "comedy" there were only a few funny parts.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
DallasEast;4587928 said:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/1f43cec7.jpg

7/10

To be honest, I consider Ridley Scott's 1979 original as a classic. His 2012 prequel is visually stunning, but its suspense was lacking somewhat and any horror was even more sparse. It does have its moments though.

I agree with Arch about Fassbender's performance. Charlize Theron and Idris Elba were a bit cool in their roles. The comedic timing of the rest of the crew seemed off as well. Noomi Rapace did very well in the lead role, but I believe her character could have been somewhat stronger in delivery.

I do think that Scott makes some solid ties with his original and this film. Rapace's destiny at the end kind of threw me somewhat. All-in-all, its a good movie which could have borrowed some movie soul from Alien for its own.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252961/

Any film with CT in it is good for me. :)

Did you get the feeling that the film got more of it's fair share of scenes being cut. Seemed a little disjointed or bits didn't get explained. I'm hoping for a Directors cut.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4587933 said:
Prometheus this afternoon....8/10

Fassbender is a brilliant actor and Charlize Theron has been stepping her game up lately. I'm not sure why I've heard negative things about the film; I love it. It doesn't top Alien, but I never expected or thought it would.

Alien is in my top 5 films of all time. Ridley Scott has a talent of picking up good actors on the way up in their careers to use in his films. Alien is a good example.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arch Stanton;4588051 said:
Any film with CT in it is good for me. :)

Did you get the feeling that the film got more of it's fair share of scenes being cut. Seemed a little disjointed or bits didn't get explained. I'm hoping for a Directors cut.
I did get that feeling as well, but it would be disappointing to me if the director's cut fills in too much and greatly improves continuity. If true, that would mean that it was sliced up good bits of the film. Then I would be left questioning why. Scott's not the type to make that kind of mistake with one of his movies.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;4588052 said:
Alien is in my top 5 films of all time. Ridley Scott has a talent of picking up good actors on the way up in their careers to use in his films. Alien is a good example.

Agree, Alien is in my top 5 as well.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Prometheus - 7/10

I left wanting more and the reliance of the final reveal, which had nothing to do with the actual movie, as the big closing note was a cheat. I hate being. Heated by a director, and I felt it was lazy.

The cast was great, but for the situation they were in and the amount of money invested to get them where they were, they didn't seem particularly well prepared to handle the situation they found themselves in. At no point did I get the feeling that any of these people were the best at what they do.

If the question before you sit down is the same as the question when you leave the theater, I'd consider that a failure in storytelling.

All that aside, I thought here was tension and all that, I just wasn't overly invested in th characters. At one point I was hoping they would all die because hat would be the only way to force a real resolution.

For those wondering about what was cut, I do know that the opening featured two individuals and a ritual, not just the one. I imagine there are more things like that throughout that didn't make it on screen.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Prometheus 8/10

Visually stunning and worth watching in IMAX 3D, and although it seemed disjointed, and certain things seemed irrelevant and slow at times, it was entertaining and my penchant for questions philosophical, religion, the "heavens", i.e. space, and origins kept me interested.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Prometheus - C+

I thought the first 3/4 of the movie was well done but the final act was disappointing. It was easy to see Damon Lindelof's (of Lost fame) impact on the story and I don't think that's a good thing. According to interviews, Lindelof intentionally removed links and references to the Alien continuity in order to make Prometheus more capable of being its own stand alone trilogy. I hate him for that and I can only think the movie is worse than it could have been.

Still, worth seeing for fans of the genre.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
masomenos;4591961 said:
Prometheus - C+

I thought the first 3/4 of the movie was well done but the final act was disappointing. It was easy to see Damon Lindelof's (of Lost fame) impact on the story and I don't think that's a good thing. According to interviews, Lindelof intentionally removed links and references to the Alien continuity in order to make Prometheus more capable of being its own stand alone trilogy. I hate him for that and I can only think the movie is worse than it could have been.

Still, worth seeing for fans of the genre.
Is a C+ like a five out of ten? :p:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;4588150 said:
I did get that feeling as well, but it would be disappointing to me if the director's cut fills in too much and greatly improves continuity. If true, that would mean that it was sliced up good bits of the film. Then I would be left questioning why. Scott's not the type to make that kind of mistake with one of his movies.

Don't forget about Blade Runner.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4592431 said:
Don't forget about Blade Runner.
To tell the truth, I have never watched the director's cut of Blade Runner. Does it maximize or minimize the original release of the movie?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
masomenos;4592297 said:
6/10
3.5/5
2.5/4
Neutral thumb.
We almost had the same vote. I was afraid the pre-movie hype would not match what we would eventually see. Oh well. :( At least the giant alien face sucker was worth the price of admission. :)

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
John Carter 0/10

I expected it to be bad, and it didn't disappoint. A zero feels too generous. The attractive brunette is the film's only redeeming quality.

Disclaimer: I only watched about half of it. Life's too short to sit through something this bad voluntarily.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
-The one with Daniel Craig

9.5/10

A must watch movie. It has a great plot, and will leave you thinking throughout the whole movie. Mystery, suspense, thrills. It has a couple graphic scenes but they do a great job a driving the plot. One of the best movies I have watched in a long time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;4592530 said:
To tell the truth, I have never watched the director's cut of Blade Runner. Does it maximize or minimize the original release of the movie?

I think it's really subjective and a matter of opinion.

Some folks like the Final Cut, some the Director's Cut, and some the Theatrical Version.

Just a matter of taste I suppose.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4595098 said:
I think it's really subjective and a matter of opinion.

Some folks like the Final Cut, some the Director's Cut, and some the Theatrical Version.

Just a matter of taste I suppose.
The theatrical version was very good in my opinion. I will try and compare it with the director's cut or final cut some day soon.