Rate the last movie you saw

TheFinisher

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4593426 said:
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
-The one with Daniel Craig

9.5/10

A must watch movie. It has a great plot, and will leave you thinking throughout the whole movie. Mystery, suspense, thrills. It has a couple graphic scenes but they do a great job a driving the plot. One of the best movies I have watched in a long time.

The original is the best, but the American remake with Daniel Craig was pretty good too.

Prometheus

6.5/10

There were some cool scenes and the visuals were great, but the plot development was predictable and a little boring while the dialogue was bleh. Had it's moments and not a bad option if you're in the mood for a sci-fi thriller, but I'd recommend waiting until this one hits DVD.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
TheFinisher;4595166 said:
The original is the best, but the American remake with Daniel Craig was pretty good too.

It's definitely on my watch list. I'll get to it soon. The 2010 one right?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4595211 said:
It's definitely on my watch list. I'll get to it soon. The 2010 one right?

You should know it's in Swedish w/ subtitles though. Didn't really bother me but I know that can be a real deterrent for some movie watchers. It's a bit more edgy, darker than the American version.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
TheFinisher;4595251 said:

You should know it's in Swedish w/ subtitles though. Didn't really bother me but I know that can be a real deterrent for some movie watchers. It's a bit more edgy, darker than the American version.

I'm surprised you think that. I've seen them all and I thought the American version was as dark, if not more than the swedish version(s). There is one scene in the American one which out does any in the swedish versions as far as dark and edgy is concerned. It's actually one of my favorite movies of all time. I loved it.

I can't stand movies that break 2 hrs. For the most part I find them to be drawn out but this movie could have had me plastered to my seat with full attention for 3hrs +

RastaRocket

Reaction score
TheFinisher;4595251 said:

That's fine with me. I'll still watch it. I heard they were slightly different, but the ending to the American one is closer to the book.

I also still need to see City of God.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
talladega nights

had i known gary cole was in it i would have watched it years ago.

the movie was pretty damn funny.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
That's my Boy...8/10

First, this is the first FUNNY Adam Sandler movie to come out since like what...Billy Madison? Anyways, I was ROLLING the entire time. Vanilla Ice has a great cameo, and is actually pretty funny. Def. worth the watch.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Rynie;4597798 said:
That's my Boy...8/10

First, this is the first FUNNY Adam Sandler movie to come out since like what...Billy Madison? Anyways, I was ROLLING the entire time. Vanilla Ice has a great cameo, and is actually pretty funny. Def. worth the watch.

Good to hear, I've been wanting to see that.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I Just watched Red Tails for the first time. Awesome movie. Loved every minute of it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Rynie;4597798 said:
That's my Boy...8/10

Disagree...3/10. Pretty much like all his latest pieces of crap with a slightly harder edge due to the R rating. The guy just isn't very funny anymore (not that he was ever a comic genius).

It's not Grown Ups or Jack and Jill bad, but it's still pretty bad.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Grey 6/10 I can't explain it, but I just wasn't that drawn into it. I guess it was how the film brushed aside some passengers' deaths, but on others the film took an extraordinary amount of time on showing the anquish of certain peoples' demise. The ending was slightly thought provoking; however (as long as you sat through the credits).

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
/
Jammer;4599277 said:
The Grey 6/10 I can't explain it, but I just wasn't that drawn into it. I guess it was how the film brushed aside some passengers' deaths, but on others the film took an extraordinary amount of time on showing the anquish of certain peoples' demise. The ending was slightly thought provoking; however (as long as you sat through the credits).

I loved The Grey
9/10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Carter

5/10

Now I know why it lost so much money.

(Though the Princess was hot!)

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Saw Starman last night for the first time in about 20 yrs; it still works, and leaves you wanting more. I'd give it an 81/2.
There was talk of a sequel, and a script has been written. Would like to see Jeff Bridges reprise this role -- would likely be much more successful than Tron II.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stasheroo;4599486 said:
John Carter

5/10

Now I know why it lost so much money.

(Though the Princess was hot!)
Eh, I'd give it or 6 or a 7. I thought it'd be better, but it was very entertaining.