Rate the last movie you saw

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've seen the first one, it was alright, felt similar to an Australian movie "Lake Mungo" that was done in a mockumentary style. I watched "The Blackwell Ghost" a couple months back and I kinda liked it. A filmmaker goes to a haunted house to prove the existence of ghosts and It's presented as a documentary and it really feels like it might be. They do a good job of keeping you engaged, there's enough creepy stuff, but doesn't feel over the top and feels believable. It's only about an hour runtime so it doesn't drag on and feel slow like many of these type movies seem to do. They have made several sequels, believe all with a relatively short runtime also, I keep meaning to check them out.
Blackwell Ghost actually has several. Ive only the first two, and enjoyed both

Kevinicus

Reaction score
A Quiet Place - Day One: This one kind of disappointed me. I felt pretty bored the last 2/3 of the movie. Just not very compelling or exciting IMO.

visionary

Reaction score
Jane Got a Gun
7/10
Pretty good par for the course western
Always been a sucker for Natalie Portman

visionary

Reaction score
Nightmare Alley
7/10
Good cast with Bradley Cooper
Interesting story about a mentalist/con artist set in 1940s

visionary

Reaction score
Brain on Fire
8/10
Very good movie about a young woman who starts developing neurological issues
Worth watching esp if you have a little bit of a medical background

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Never heard of this one before so had no expectations. I liked this one.
Nothing new. But they did a good job with it even though it is not as good as some other movies of the same topic but I did like this. If you have never heard of it...give it a try.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
847819b96fb36a839cd80f8c66983549.jpeg

Finally got around to watching this one. It’s currently available on Netflix.

As I expected, I liked everything that had to do with the monster. He was truly menacing and the effects were very good most of the time. There were a few hiccups that should have been cleaned up.

But the ‘drama’ was cringe worthy and I found myself forwarding over a lot of it.

The bellowing sound and music brought me back to the Godzilla movies when I was a kid and I appreciated the nostalgia.

I’d give the monster stuff an 8, and the human stuff a 4, so I’ll settle on a 6/10.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F:

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was well-executed, with a solid storyline and a delightful dose of nostalgia, thanks to the reappearance of familiar characters. The action scenes were engaging, and it captured the essence of the 'Beverly Hills Cop' vibe perfectly. Plus, there was a surprising Hollywood crossover in the movie (which I won’t spoil) that I absolutely loved!

However, I found Taylour Paige’s performance a bit underwhelming at times, as it occasionally broke the immersion for me. My wife and I also reflected on how seeing childhood actors and actresses aging significantly can be quite a sobering reminder of our own passage of time. Though, for being in his 60s, Eddie Murphy is holding up well.

Overall though, while the film didn’t revolutionize the genre, it was a nostalgic and enjoyable experience. It's currently on Netflix for anybody that has that service.