Reaction score
Dune: Part Two (2024)
I4Y5Z3H.png

9.25 of 10.00

Just...

I do not have the words.

When is part three coming?

Same rating and want from me too.

Stilgar was played well by Javier. Good mix of seriousness and humor.

Would love to see more from the Dune universe, gasp, even as some spinoffs. Hoping in #3 we get a brief glimpse into the other Houses/worlds.
I saw they are making some type of prequel into the bene gesserit rise to power

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huge Korean movie buff here those are all good movies. If you didn't catch this one yet it's my fav Korean movie (9.0/10)

Thanks for the heads up. Have not seen this one so I will have to look it up.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huge Korean movie buff here those are all good movies. If you didn't catch this one yet it's my fav Korean movie (9.0/10)

I watched it last night.
Pretty good.
The younger bad guy from tokyo drift did a good bad guy in this movie. He just has a face to play it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pretty standard Hollywood family movie script and predictable.
However it was not a bad movie for what it was. They did a good job
with this one. It is currently on Netflix.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I must be one of the few that just does not get the seemingly over whelming praise of Godzilla mines one.

I thought it was going to be much better than the standard old Japanese godzilla movies with silly looking rubbery suit looking Godzillas especially with modern special effects and CGI.

Now I know it is cool to see things done without CGI and if it is done, it has to be pulled off well. This one, slight upgrade from the old ones but still cheesy looking.

Loved them as a kid and they could not do much better at that time, but times have changed.

Also did not care that much for the story. The pilot irked me, the whole story line with the girl and the baby bored me.

TO BE FAIR....I think the hype for this and me wanting to watch it for so long, no way it could have lived up to the hype for me, but I still thought it would have been much better than it was. Just seemed like a modern day version of what they did years ago.
I hated it and I'm a huge Godzilla fan. Very little Gozilla and he looked stupid. Just a love story with a bit of Godzilla sprinkled in. And how does Godzilla stand with 70% of his body above water in a 1500 foot trench? Shin Godzilla was much better.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I hated it and I'm a huge Godzilla fan. Very little Gozilla and he looked stupid. Just a love story with a bit of Godzilla sprinkled in. And how does Godzilla stand with 70% of his body above water in a 1500 foot trench? Shin Godzilla was much better.
I've yet to see a Godzilla movie I thought was good (haven't seen much of the Japanese movies), but was looking forward to this after all the rave reviews. I do not get the hype at all. The FX were okay (but not anything too impressive, and not oscar worthy - good for the money though). The plot was okay I guess. A bit poorly paced, and not written all that well. I couldn't get passed the acting though. So over the top and melodramatic. Just too much. A bit disappointed.
And even more surprising, the audio was completely unimpressive. I know it was just streaming, but compared to other Atmos titles on Netflix, it was really underwhelming...which also doesn't fit the reviews. I don't get it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Bad Boys: Ride or Die - 4.5 stars. Great action move. Plenty of chases, explosions, fights and the requisite humor! See it in theatre and get the full experience!
Atlas: 3.5 stars.. decent sci-fi flick. Kind of a cross between Aliens, The Matrix and the Terminator.
Godzilla x Kong: 4 stars. good stuff. excellent monster movie!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Poor Things - I'm not really sure what I watched. What a very........interesting........movie. It wasn't very fast paced, but for some reason it had my wife and I interested in it the entire time to see where it was going. There was some excellent acting in it. Definitely not for children. Emma Stone bares all in the film, well, quite a bit. I really have no idea where to rate it. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Bad Boys: Ride or Die - 4.5 stars. Great action move. Plenty of chases, explosions, fights and the requisite humor! See it in theatre and get the full experience!
Atlas: 3.5 stars.. decent sci-fi flick. Kind of a cross between Aliens, The Matrix and the Terminator.
Godzilla x Kong: 4 stars. good stuff. excellent monster movie!
Out of 5?

mldardy

Reaction score
Movie was not a love story. :facepalm: And there doesn't need to be a lot of Godzilla. The Godzilla moments are very impactful and impressive. He was terrifying every time he was on screen. More terrifying than I've ever seen. This is Godzilla at it's infant stages so the look is not going to be completely fleshed out. You missed the point of the movie especially if you thought it was a love story or wanted it to be something it isn't.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Movie was not a love story. :facepalm: And there doesn't need to be a lot of Godzilla. The Godzilla moments are very impactful and impressive. He was terrifying every time he was on screen. More terrifying than I've ever seen. This is Godzilla at it's infant stages so the look is not going to be completely fleshed out. You missed the point of the movie especially if you thought it was a love story or wanted it to be something it isn't.
I have to say, as someone who neither saw the movie, nor is a huge Godzilla fan, IIRC, he never had a lot of screen time, even in the original movies. The more recent ones seem to treat him like an unknown monster, not showing him until later in the movie. I could be mistaken. As I said, not really a huge fan.

mldardy

Reaction score
I have to say, as someone who neither saw the movie, nor is a huge Godzilla fan, IIRC, he never had a lot of screen time, even in the original movies. The more recent ones seem to treat him like an unknown monster, not showing him until later in the movie. I could be mistaken. As I said, not really a huge fan.
The latest Godzilla Kong movie is a prime example of this.