Rate the last movie you saw

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - Unfortunately, this didn't quite live up to expectations for me. The film felt sluggish, with a pace that struggled to maintain my wife’s and my interest. While the special effects were good, they couldn't compensate for the lack of excitement and dynamic storytelling. Overall, it was a slow and rather boring addition to the Ghostbusters franchise. This is a bummer, as I actually enjoyed the last one (Ghostbusters: Afterlife). Something about this film fell short for me, and I couldn't help but feel like it was made for a younger demographic.

It's on Netflix for anybody that has that service.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - Unfortunately, this didn't quite live up to expectations for me. The film felt sluggish, with a pace that struggled to maintain my wife’s and my interest. While the special effects were good, they couldn't compensate for the lack of excitement and dynamic storytelling. Overall, it was a slow and rather boring addition to the Ghostbusters franchise. This is a bummer, as I actually enjoyed the last one (Ghostbusters: Afterlife). Something about this film fell short for me, and I couldn't help but feel like it was made for a younger demographic.

It's on Netflix for anybody that has that service.
I was a bit disappointed as well. It seemed like it was an hour and a half of a slow build for an end battle that lasted about ten minutes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might be an unpopular opinion, but the second Deadpool movie is my favorite. That's not to say the first Deadpool movie was bad—it was excellent—but there's something about the second one that I absolutely loved. The addition of Domino was fantastic.
Not sure why anyone would say it is an unpopular opinion. All three movies are really good movie adaptations for the character. Reynolds has been great in all three films but I thought his best work as Deadpool was in the first one.

For me, it is rare for any sequel to beat out a good original movie in a franchise. Examples like Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back are more an exception. Just my opinion. We all have one. :)

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Civil War. 5/10

I don't really understand why this movie was made. It isn't political at all, doesn't really tell a compelling story, and doesn't really go anywhere. The acting is OK, and the cinematography is really good, borderline great. It seems like a big waste, because the movie looks amazing, but sucks. It is really similar to Full Metal Jacket, but that at least told a compelling story.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deadpool-and-wolverine-poster.jpg

Deadpool & Wolverine

A great time was had by all. I went with a group of six and we all loved it. By the 3rd Deadpool film, you know what to expect, and you either like this type of humor and action, or you don’t.

If you do, you’re in for a fun ride, and a great blending of humor, cameos, call-backs, and respect.

Hugh Jackman is incredible! His commitment for getting in the physical shape required is truly legendary! From now on, he’s Hugh Jacked Man for me!

Don’t go in expecting anything monumental in terms of the MCU, just go and have fun and enjoy the ride.

8.5 out of 10 for me. I’m optimistic again that Marvel has gotten its act back together.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

Deadpool & Wolverine

A great time was had by all. I went with a group of six and we all loved it. By the 3rd Deadpool film, you know what to expect, and you either like this type of humor and action, or you don’t.

If you do, you’re in for a fun ride, and a great blending of humor, cameos, call-backs, and respect.

Hugh Jackman is incredible! His commitment for getting in the physical shape required is truly legendary! From now on, he’s Hugh Jacked Man for me!

Don’t go in expecting anything monumental in terms of the MCU, just go and have fun and enjoy the ride.

8.5 out of 10 for me. I’m optimistic again that Marvel has gotten its act back together.
I thought I read somewhere that watching the Loki series is helpful before seeing this. Is that true (if my memory isn't faulty that is)?

John813

Reaction score
Civil War. 5/10

I don't really understand why this movie was made. It isn't political at all, doesn't really tell a compelling story, and doesn't really go anywhere. The acting is OK, and the cinematography is really good, borderline great. It seems like a big waste, because the movie looks amazing, but sucks. It is really similar to Full Metal Jacket, but that at least told a compelling story.
I agree.
Visually it's excellent.
However, since the director intentionally didn't make it political and the story is forgettable. it's something you watch once and maybe just watch for the limited action scenes.

Felt like the concept was there, but it was missing something in the writing.

@SlammedZero
This might be an unpopular opinion, but the second Deadpool movie is my favorite. That's not to say the first Deadpool movie was bad—it was excellent—but there's something about the second one that I absolutely loved. The addition of Domino was fantastic.

Also, Brolin played Cable very well.
Bigger budget also helped too lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought I read somewhere that watching the Loki series is helpful before seeing this. Is that true (if my memory isn't faulty that is)?
Yes. There are elements of the TVA referenced in this film. And at least one character from the Loki series to tie things together. And a location from the Loki series is prominently featured as well. It definitely helps if you’ve seen it, but not a deal breaker.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed as well. It seemed like it was an hour and a half of a slow build for an end battle that lasted about ten minutes.
Ghostbusters as we know it is dead. Went from comedy-horror to family-adventure-horror.

Ironic considering everyone trashed the all female version but at least they tried to stay faithful to the comedic formula.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ghostbusters as we know it is dead. Went from comedy-horror to family-adventure-horror.

Ironic considering everyone trashed the all female version but at least they tried to stay faithful to the comedic formula.
These last two movies didn't make me laugh out loud much, but I still found them more enjoyable than most recent movies.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Deadpool & Wolverine

Ridiculous good time at the theater. Loved every second of it.
My wife who watches the MCU movies and shows...however doesn't really retain any knowledge still loved the heck out of it.

9.5/10

sulu1701

Reaction score
I thought Logan was dead according to the last Logan installment, or is this another blurred MCU timeline ?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I thought Logan was dead according to the last Logan installment, or is this another blurred MCU timeline ?
Comic books generally do what they want. Superman died in 1992.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed about the Latest Ghostbusters. Frankly I did not make it through the whole movie.
The one they did prior was not great but it was ok.